Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank you for the update.

It's pretty much what I thought. The kit only drops 3/8" (two 3/16 washers).

I think RC has determined that max droop CV is pretty much met with the 2 inch kit (Base,BB,OBX). In order to get to 3.5" on the kit with the diff drop they added a spring pre-laod. But, they didn't want to overdo the preload (0.75" preload x 1.47 ratio = 1.1 preload lift). So the front spacer is bigger than the 2" kit (1.8" vs 1.6"). The added lift from the bigger spacer is 0.2" x 1.47 = 0.3".

Given that the preload does not add to droop, they put in the mini diff drop to avoid binding from that additional 0.3 inches of front end lift.

I was thinking of ordering this to use with my RC 2 inch lift just to keep the CV angles down, but after the comments, I'm not sure it's worth the effort...
Yeah it would be more cost effective to just cut and re-weld the factory front mount. And source some spacers and new bolts .

The front two mounts are easy no Brainers, the rear mount is the one that's a bit more technical, and tricky.
I will be adding some reinforcement to the rear mount and the passenger side mount also, as I've witnessed other rigs in the past complete destruction of the factory IFS mounts under very hard off-road trails. And once everything is bent outta wack, it's difficult to get it back to factory ideal positioning again.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here's a better pic of the rear diff mount repositioned UNDER the frame plate.

20220430_064647.jpg

20220430_064622.jpg

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, I called RC and tried to buy just the drop, but since I hadn't bought the lift from them, the guy was a total a-hole and told me I should have bought the lift them them and he won't sell it separate. I get it that they'd want to support a current customer, but didn't have to be a jerk about it and lose a customer (I lifted my Suburban in the past with them). So, if anyone wants their drop, lie when you call.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FWIW, I called RC and tried to buy just the drop, but since I hadn't bought the lift from them, the guy was a total a-hole and told me I should have bought the lift them them and he won't sell it separate. I get it that they'd want to support a current customer, but didn't have to be a jerk about it and lose a customer (I lifted my Suburban in the past with them). So, if anyone wants their drop, lie when you call.
Call back later and try for a different person. Its a roll of the dice if they will sell you something separate.

Sponsored

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What did you do for the front mount to get to 1.5"?

I have the King coilovers and get clicking of my CVs when I'm at full steering lock at normal ride height (4" lift or so).

A "Z" bracket could be easily made to move the upper rear mount down. Something akin to a leaf spring "shackle" could be fabbed up for the front lower mount.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

On the forward drivers side mount I cut the RC mount up and basically built a spacer and re-welded the bracket with the bolt hole in a lower position. On that passenger side a longer bolt with spacer and washers.

PXL_20220824_193743408.jpg