First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WildTrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
by the way guys, one thing I did, that I would recommend for everyone else, is to double nut the carriage bolts. I used 7/16-14 Top Lock nuts to back up what came with the kit.

Offroad Newb

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volkswagen Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the 20 deg set up, how viable is it as a step? I would like to retain clearance as possible but still have something for my 5'2 wife to use. Any top down photos from inside the car for the 20?

Edit: Would help if I just read through the whole thread. I am convinced the 20 will work for my purposes. Thanks everyone who has posted!

Last edited:

JKryptonite

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Going into week 15 without shipping confirmation. I hope these arrive soon and are worth the wait.
Dang .. when I order it was 8 weeks. Emailed them , they said 2 more weeks , emailed after 2 weeks … sorry , it’s gonna be 2 more weeks … so I’m at 12 weeks now for the 4 door sliders … 15 weeks is crazy long…. Pretty disappointed with turn around time …it’s messing with a lot of summer vacation ideas …

Sponsored

FzCruzer

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They arrived end of last week, put them on over the weekend. Had issues with hardware loose in the packaging and what ended up being a mix of 4 door and 2 door hardware. The sliders are great.

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordered my 4 door sliders 7-16-23. Said 8 week lead-time. Based on this thread, I hope to get them by Christmas.

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ridiculous lead times is why I’m holding off ordering from RCI. Looking at other options in meantime.

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a lot of good products out there, but RCIs are worth the wait IMO.

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So the 2 boxes of sliders came on different days but unfortunately it had the hardware kit labeled as 2 door.

Called RCI and they are sending the correct hw kit, no problem, it happens. Sat around bummed with the wife, all tools and table laid out ready to go and decided to install the top plate as a head start.

Cut the plastic and find a few scrapes (?) on the powdercoat, not a big deal. As I lean it onto my leg I see a chunk missing from the powdercoat.... driver side slider that came today is in better shape.

Hopefully RCI gets their quality control on point. These are built strong as they should be for a slider, just wish the first chunks taken out of the finish wasn't before the install, let alone its on the side outer edge exposed. I'll put a dab of paint n hopefully the wife won't notice or I'll never hear the end of it.

20231017_165949.jpg

20231017_165634.jpg

20231017_165638.jpg

20231017_170157.jpg

Sponsored

Squatched

Badlands
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the 2 boxes of sliders came on different days but unfortunately it had the hardware kit labeled as 2 door.

Called RCI and they are sending the correct hw kit, no problem, it happens. Sat around bummed with the wife, all tools and table laid out ready to go and decided to install the top plate as a head start.

Cut the plastic and find a few scrapes (?) on the powdercoat, not a big deal. As I lean it onto my leg I see a chunk missing from the powdercoat.... driver side slider that came today is in better shape.

Hopefully RCI gets their quality control on point. These are built strong as they should be for a slider, just wish the first chunks taken out of the finish wasn't before the install, let alone its on the side outer edge exposed. I'll put a dab of paint n hopefully the wife won't notice or I'll never hear the end of it.

Ford Bronco RCI Bronco Rock Sliders Are Here! 20231017_170157

I just got mine yesterday. 2 days shy of 8 weeks since I placed my order so the lead time is correct.

I also got hardware for a 2 door and not the 4 door I have... The packaging on these things is terrible. The slider had punched through the box as there was zero protection inside the box. I can deal with the nicks it has now but maybe I should go over them again tomorrow after seeing yours. Overall kinda feeling meh.

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The packaging on these things is terrible. The slider had punched through the box as there was zero protection inside the box.
That is true.... just slightly wrapped on the front and rear edge while the rest just inside plastic.

Most sliders and bumpers I've received came packed with foam. Never had issues with damage before.

OP
OP
RCI Offroad

RCI Offroad

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4Dr. 1st Edition, 2022 Badlands 4Dr.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey Guys, thanks for bringing up these issues. We rarely get to see the condition of our parts when they are delivered, so this is great feedback and information. We've begun the process of sourcing new boxes that will feature thicker card board and several additional layers of cardboard better protecting the sliders. We are also experimenting with various plastic films, foam, and additional packaging. We're doing our best to be FedEx proof and will continue to improve thanks to this feedback!

Jerardisflossin

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

20231017_165949.jpg

20231017_165634.jpg

20231017_165638.jpg

20231017_170157.jpg
I had the same issue on powder coating. Unfortunately the response was to just grab some paint from Home Depot or Lowes. Had RCI stuff on my Tacoma and have some on my Bronco. However, my issues has made me question getting their bumpers. Hopefully other manufacturer's work with their skids.

Moving Chicane

Badlands
First Name
DP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Germans and an Italian
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed mine (5 degree, 4-Door, no tread pate) yesterday. Bronco does have the gas tank skid (Badlands w/SAS).

Finish on the sliders out of the box was perfect - no blemishes. All hardware included as well. Finished product is spot-on. Two person job, with floor jack, made it (mostly) painless.

Challenges/Concerns:
1. Driver side - about half of the spots for the wiring harness and hard lines to clip back into are not available after the install as the slider plates cover some of those holes up. Used one zip-tie to help. Concern that long term there will be rubbing, shaking, wear on the line/plastic coatings. Don't think there will be any rattles. (NOTE: Passenger side - all the holes for the lines were there and everything snapped back into place just fine. Which makes the driver-side much more bothersome).
2. Passenger side - removing the three rear most bolts from the gas plate skid didn't help much as it's so stiff. Had to destroy two flat--head screwdrivers to get the skid plate between the rail and the skid plate flange. But when it went in; it went in. Toughest part of the overall install.
3. Passenger side - front carriage bolt (11/16ths I think it was) is backwards to the other two. And is tucked up behind another skid plate. Even if you have the 11/16 deep socket, you need a small driver (1/4, 3/8, small 1/2) to actually have room to work in there to get it tight. I'm pretty sure this will back-out over time without me going back in with a different driver (which is in the plans).

Love 'em! :)

Ford Bronco RCI Bronco Rock Sliders Are Here! RCIslides.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: