Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those with one or the other why did you go with the CBI or the RCI?

I am liking the over look of the RCI sliders more with the wider rear it just seems to be a better design for protecting the rear fender.

Either way I am having to go with the flat or 5 degree model with the top tread for the dogs.

Any how let me know what you went with and why.
Sponsored

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have decided to go with the RCI, With 5-degree angle and the dimple-die top plates, for the same reason (kids/dogs, step up to access roof, etc). I like the styling of the RCI and I like the full frame-mounted design and the fabrication of them is extremely well done (was able to see the RCI in person on another Bronco)....I also have their fuel tank skid on my WT, and it is BEEF. I have hit it HARD on the rocks....By the way...a little birdie told me that RCI will be starting their Memorial Day sale on Monday 8/21, with 20% off.....

As to the CBI....I do like these as well, but they are roughly the same lead time and price, nice product, but lighter construction, particularly in the thickness of and the gusseting of the frame mount plates, and number of tubes used to connect between slider and frame mounts (five on the RCI vs. four on the CBI).

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was looking at both CBI, RCI and Metal Tech for frame mounted sliders.

I choose RCI even with the advertised 8 week lead time. Unfortunately some members are waiting 4 months for the RCI sliders, not just 8 weeks. I hope to get them by Christmas.

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was looking at both CBI, RCI and Metal Tech for frame mounted sliders.

I choose RCI even with the advertised 8 week lead time. Unfortunately some members are waiting 4 months for the RCI sliders, not just 8 weeks. I hope to get them by Christmas.
I called RCI and spoke to Scott, this morning. He confirmed that they are steadily hitting ~8 week leadtimes on the Bronco sliders right now. He also told me that they have been working on implementing a robotic welding station for their rock slider production flow, and that they are very close to releasing it to production, he indicated that this is expected to help a bit with their cycle time as well.

Sponsored

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
I called RCI and spoke to Scott, this morning. He confirmed that they are steadily hitting ~8 week leadtimes on the Bronco sliders right now. He also told me that they have been working on implementing a robotic welding station for their rock slider production flow, and that they are very close to releasing it to production, he indicated that this is expected to help a bit with their cycle time as well.
I don't know who Scott is or what he told you. All I know is I'm 12 weeks in and nothing to show.
When I placed my order it was 6 weeks wait time. Once the 6 weeks were up I emailed and was told 8 weeks wait time. I'm already 12 weeks , heard nothing from RCI and I just gave up on them .
They might have a good product but the definitely lack any customer service
I don't recommend them

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't know who Scott is or what he told you. All I know is I'm 12 weeks in and nothing to show.
When I placed my order it was 6 weeks wait time. Once the 6 weeks were up I emailed and was told 8 weeks wait time. I'm already 12 weeks , heard nothing from RCI and I just gave up on them .
They might have a good product but the definitely lack any customer service
I don't recommend them

Sorry to hear that. Just relaying what I was told, when I called. I don't have any relationship with RCI. I just ordered a set, we'll see if they hit their 8-week estimate.

Glenjafett

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I waited 4 months for RCIs. Was I unhappy? Yes. Are they rock solid? Yes. Is the build quality top notch? Yes. Easy to install? Yes. Would I buy them again? Yes.

You choose.

20230806_114154.jpg

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I waited 4 months for RCIs. Was I unhappy? Yes. Are they rock solid? Yes. Is the build quality top notch? Yes. Easy to install? Yes. Would I buy them again? Yes.

You choose.

Ford Bronco CBI or RCI for frame mounted sliders? 20230806_114154
Another vote for RCI, mine took about 10 weeks, but extremely happy with them. Had to pivot on them on a rock formation over the weekend. I was shocked that the powder coat on bottom held up. Great product, stronger than I will probably ever need.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

You choose.

Ford Bronco CBI or RCI for frame mounted sliders? 20230806_114154
Is most of that mud getting thrown through the gap between the front flare and slider? Given the slider is sticking outward, I'd think if it were made to butt up to the front flare, that could reduce a lot of the mud kicking up to the body/top of slider?

Meaning in that case, the mud would get thrown mostly against the underside of the flare and slider (aside from the slider holes).

Sponsored

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m running RCI 20 degree on my 4 door and I don’t like them at all for a step but love them for a slider. I’d buy again, but know what you’re getting. On a Sasquatch or lifted they’re just not a good step due to height and angle blah blah blah…

Glenjafett

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is most of that mud getting thrown through the gap between the front flare and slider? Given the slider is sticking outward, I'd think if it were made to butt up to the front flare, that could reduce a lot of the mud kicking up to the body/top of slider?

Meaning in that case, the mud would get thrown mostly against the underside of the flare and slider (aside from the slider holes).
Yes, but probably not enough to matter.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, but probably not enough to matter.
I was thinking to avoid a gap like this example, where mud seems to come through. The stock flare sticks out and keeps some mud off the vehicle side. Having a slider stick out same and match up with the flare (get rid of gap by yellow arrow), might catch more of the splatter, without having to use a mud flap.

Ford Bronco CBI or RCI for frame mounted sliders? 1692724187719
Sponsored