Sponsored

Finally Frame Mounted Sliders from LOD OFFROAD!!!

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Finally got to bounce off the sliders a few times on my last wheeling trip and this one was caught on camera. Rock solid product from Lod you can even see the body bounce around a little after the hit yet the sliders stay steady and firm.
Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, got my sig series in yesterday. I've only opened one box so far (box 2) which only had the slider in it. I looked at the packing slip for box one and it shows slider plus hardware in box 1.

However, my question is about the plates wich screw into the underside of the slider (pic below). Are both sets of plates included in box one with the hardware? (I'd check but would prefer to not open the box yet, and also not at home)

Ford Bronco Finally Frame Mounted Sliders from LOD OFFROAD!!! trim.4C6E3A03-24D4-4A3B-8170-041650C13AEF.MOV
Why do these bottom plates screw in vs being welded on? The screw heads are vulnerable to damage...

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do these bottom plates screw in vs being welded on? The screw heads are vulnerable to damage...
I agree, it was also pretty annoying to have to screw them all in.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

MileHighWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just ordered mine. If anyone is looking, they're doing a labor day sale which was better pricing than the forum discount. Now is probably the time.

MileHighWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got mine installed- these are very well made and look awesome.

However, like several others I was not thrilled with the brake line and harness rubbing on the front driver side gusset. I wasn’t crazy about trimming anything off of the slider, but after some thinking I came up with a solution I like and I think will work well. Follow the steps below if you’re looking to protect your brake lines and harness in this area without cutting the slider at all.

1) jump on McMaster Carr and order a 2’ length of 1/4” x 3/8” PTFE trim:
https://www.mcmaster.com/#9272K36

2) cut two pieces about 2 1/2” long, and one around 3” long. Take the 3” long piece and cut just the sides in the center. Heat the center lightly in the middle with hot water or a heat gun so it will bend, and bend it to 90 degrees so it looks like this:

Ford Bronco Finally Frame Mounted Sliders from LOD OFFROAD!!! IMG_5328

3) this bent 1/4” trim will fit perfectly over the inside corner on the gusset where the brake lines and harness rub. It will also fit very well around the brake lines. Pull the harness and lines away from the gusset and slip this piece in place. Take the other two pieces and slip them over the brake lines, and rotate them so they are flat-to-flat with the 90 degree bent piece.

Ford Bronco Finally Frame Mounted Sliders from LOD OFFROAD!!! IMG_5324

Ford Bronco Finally Frame Mounted Sliders from LOD OFFROAD!!! IMG_5327

Ford Bronco Finally Frame Mounted Sliders from LOD OFFROAD!!! IMG_5326

On my truck the brake lines are tight enough to the gusset that I don’t think these will come out. I’m going to keep an eye on them over the next few hundred miles to see how they stay in place, and if I need too I’ll use zip ties to secure them. But I don’t think it will be necessary. The two pieces of PTFE in contact with each other should last a VERY long time if there is any vibration.
Sponsored