Sponsored

Finally Frame Mounted Sliders from LOD OFFROAD!!!

OP
OP
LOD Offroad

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU, Jeep Gladiator, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey, got my sig series in yesterday. I've only opened one box so far (box 2) which only had the slider in it. I looked at the packing slip for box one and it shows slider plus hardware in box 1.

However, my question is about the plates wich screw into the underside of the slider (pic below). Are both sets of plates included in box one with the hardware? (I'd check but would prefer to not open the box yet, and also not at home)

Screenshot 2022-05-16 113212.png
The plates and all the hardware are in one box. Not sure which box they ended up in though.
Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

got the passenger side mounted last night. need to cut the gusset on driver side to make room for the brake line. hoping to get that done tonight
Ford Bronco Finally Frame Mounted Sliders from LOD OFFROAD!!! 1653564209632

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well that sucks. Yes for anyone else please double check those metric bolts. We will investigate on Monday morning and can get replacement bolts sent out right away.
@LOD Offroad - did the replacement bolts go out? I don't recall seeing them, have to see if they got hidden by someone else here.

Murph56789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos/F350s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just bought replacement bolts at the hardware store that worked well. Installed my sliders on Monday. Drilled some of the frame holes but still need to do other ones. My right angle drill was too big and I don’t want to remove them again so I’m getting a smaller one. And I also had to trim the drivers side for the brake lines like others. Don’t see how else they would not rub. I did have an issue with one of the pieces of metal with the 2 nuts welded to it. It appears one of the nuts was damaged in the threads and it needs replaced. If they don’t want to send me a replacement I’ll probably cut the nut off and weld a new one on. Just need the time.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LOD Offroad

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@LOD Offroad - did the replacement bolts go out? I don't recall seeing them, have to see if they got hidden by someone else here.
I will try and find out. I do know that our customer service had contacted most customers about them, not sure where it went from there though...

OP
OP
LOD Offroad

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just bought replacement bolts at the hardware store that worked well. Installed my sliders on Monday. Drilled some of the frame holes but still need to do other ones. My right angle drill was too big and I don’t want to remove them again so I’m getting a smaller one. And I also had to trim the drivers side for the brake lines like others. Don’t see how else they would not rub. I did have an issue with one of the pieces of metal with the 2 nuts welded to it. It appears one of the nuts was damaged in the threads and it needs replaced. If they don’t want to send me a replacement I’ll probably cut the nut off and weld a new one on. Just need the time.
Did you reach out to our CS for replacement?

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will try and find out. I do know that our customer service had contacted most customers about them, not sure where it went from there though...
I had a voicemail that notified me of the bolt issue 2-ish weeks ago. Still nothing in the mail though in terms of replacement. I also bought my own replacement bolts last night. Intend to do the mounting, minus drilling holes, today. Hope to do the rest of the install to convert into sliders next week.

Murph56789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos/F350s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you reach out to our CS for replacement?
Haven’t gotten around to it yet
Thanks for the reminder though, I just sent an email. Overall very happy with the sliders.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LOD Offroad

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As for the brake line, try unclipping the plastic that surrounds the front body mount on the driver side. This allowed a little more slack in the line, as well as pulling the frame clip between the front and center mounts, and we zip tied the line to the wire harness. Our Bronco had about 1/4" clearance then.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LOD Offroad

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had a voicemail that notified me of the bolt issue 2-ish weeks ago. Still nothing in the mail though in terms of replacement. I also bought my own replacement bolts last night. Intend to do the mounting, minus drilling holes, today. Hope to do the rest of the install to convert into sliders next week.
I think they only sent bolts to those that requested we send them. However I'm not sure if they have actually shipped. Seems odd that they would take this long to send though.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CS left me a Voicemail on 5/16 (10 days ago) and told me they what the issue was and that they were sending out replacement bolts. Thought it was great that the issue was flagged, but crickets since then.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they only sent bolts to those that requested we send them. However I'm not sure if they have actually shipped. Seems odd that they would take this long to send though.
I was under the impression from the voicemail that new bolts would be shipping to all customers. I was waiting for the bolts, but ended up finding some at the hardware store last night.

I'll be honest, I'm a little disappointed at the (extra) work required to install the sliders. Needing to trim a gusset to ensure safety, combined with incorrect bolts shipping which would damage existing nuts is not what I'd expect from buying a "premium" part at a premium price that was designed specific to the Bronco (as opposed to a generic part).

OP
OP
LOD Offroad

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
CS left me a Voicemail on 5/16 (10 days ago) and told me they what the issue was and that they were sending out replacement bolts. Thought it was great that the issue was flagged, but crickets since then.
Turns out the bolts have not been sent yet for some reason... For those that still need them we'll get them sent out but likely will not have them until sometime next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Turns out the bolts have not been sent yet for some reason... For those that still need them we'll get them sent out but likely will not have them until sometime next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.
dropping my bronco at installer on Wednesday, can you just give me the specs of what we need so I can buy ahead of time? thanks
Sponsored