Sponsored

Finally Frame Mounted Sliders from LOD OFFROAD!!!

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll be honest, I'm a little disappointed at the (extra) work required to install the sliders. Needing to trim a gusset to ensure safety, combined with incorrect bolts shipping which would damage existing nuts is not what I'd expect from buying a "premium" part at a premium price that was designed specific to the Bronco (as opposed to a generic part).

I kinda thought the same thing but after doing it it wasn't that bad at all just took a extra 10 minutes. Overall the install was pretty straight forward everything lined up well I don't have any complaints. I can't speak for the destroyer series but the signature you definitely need to trim that front part of the bracket some. It rubs both the tub and the bracket if you don't, better safe than sorry way I see it.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just bought replacement bolts at the hardware store that worked well. Installed my sliders on Monday. Drilled some of the frame holes but still need to do other ones. My right angle drill was too big and I don’t want to remove them again so I’m getting a smaller one. And I also had to trim the drivers side for the brake lines like others. Don’t see how else they would not rub. I did have an issue with one of the pieces of metal with the 2 nuts welded to it. It appears one of the nuts was damaged in the threads and it needs replaced. If they don’t want to send me a replacement I’ll probably cut the nut off and weld a new one on. Just need the time.
Just retap the nut

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they only sent bolts to those that requested we send them. However I'm not sure if they have actually shipped. Seems odd that they would take this long to send though.
I requested bolts when they called me last week and still don't have them.

Murph56789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos/F350s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kinda thought the same thing but after doing it it wasn't that bad at all just took a extra 10 minutes. Overall the install was pretty straight forward everything lined up well I don't have any complaints. I can't speak for the destroyer series but the signature you definitely need to trim that front part of the bracket some. It rubs both the tub and the bracket if you don't, better safe than sorry way I see it.
@LOD Offroad should post a YouTube video on how we're supposed to install the signature series without having to trim back some of the gusset,

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are right, I was just frustrated.

My install went OK. I didn't get the holes drilled yet so I'm in "step config" and not full "slider config" lol. I had help from my neighbor. Would have been impossible doing this by myself.

I didn't even try doing a fit check on the driver's side, I went straight to cutting steel (hat tip to @Frankie945 for the pics). Glad I did as there is no way it would have fit without it so it saved me a few minutes to go straight to cutting. No clue how LOD got this to fit as-designed.

In terms of the rest of the fit, everything aligned perfectly, so it was pretty easy.

I did have one gaffe during install. On the passenger side there is a really tight fit getting the 4.5in bolts through on the rear end by the gas tank. I have small-ish hands and it was still tough to get both washers and the nut up there between the gas tank and the frame. Those of you with meat hooks will probably need to recruit a 10-year old kid for help, lol. I dropped two of the washers into the gas tank armor plate. Recovered one, but the other is lost for eternity. We tried dropping the entire armor plate, but the gas tank isn't strapped in independently so it lowers with the plate...Once we discovered that we bailed on that recovery and I went to the hardware store to buy another large washer.

One other note that I'll mention that I hadn't seen reported on here: On the rear end of the driver side install, I had to push the 4.5" through-bolts to the top end of the hole tolerance before tightening. If I let them sit on the bottom of the hole tolerance, the nut on the inside of the frame made contact with my brake lines. This is obvious when doing it yourself, I only mention this in-case someone is getting this done by an outside shop, I'd check this when you get your vehicle back.

Finished product looks great. I hope to rent a right angle drill next week to finish the install.
Ford Bronco Finally Frame Mounted Sliders from LOD OFFROAD!!! IMG_2587

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed mine over last night and tonight. Install wasn't too bad but the fact you have to cut that gusset on driver front is disappointing. Doesn't mention that at all in the instructions but it should. That design/step alone could be catastrophic for someone if their brake line is damaged.

I probably would have held off buying if I had known and waited for a revision or another manufacturer to offer something similar.

I'd highly recommend LOD update documentation at the very least.

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still haven't received the correct bolts, to the hardware store it is I guess..

Sponsored
OP
OP
LOD Offroad

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU, Jeep Gladiator, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Still haven't received the correct bolts, to the hardware store it is I guess..
Not sure why, if you pm me your info i can look into it.

KHC Dave

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looking good! Dig the design

Thrash Metash

Base
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is the correct size bolt M12-1.75 x 40mm?
I'm planning on just going to the hardware store as well.

Wraithracing

Outer Banks
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is the correct size bolt M12-1.75 x 40mm?
I'm planning on just going to the hardware store as well.
The bolt is definitely a M12-1.75 and either a 40mm or 45mm should work just fine. I don't remember what I ended up with. It was whatever Home Depot or Lowe's had in stock at the time. Good Luck!

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I have discovered that these won't work with the Metalcloak skid plates without major deconstruction on the skid plates.
Sponsored