Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Sequoia Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a big poster on here, prefer to lurk and read through what others are posting. Today though, I have a conundrum and looking to see what the b6g collective has in way of advice.

Like a good majority of us on here, I'm rolling over my MY21 MY'22 order to a MY23. Swung by my dealer yesterday (very tempted to pick up a 2dr Wildtrack) wanting to confirm everything with them and hopefully get some more information. The primary things we discussed were price protection/rebates, what changing major parts of the order would do (equipment group, tow package, etc.), and where I'm at in-line for them. Walked away with 2 key take aways:

1. Making major changes moves your place in line/decreases your odds of getting picked
  2. Good luck on seeing your Bronco anytime soon
While leaving me unmotivated a little bit (and eying that 2dr a little closer), I'm still just settled in for the long haul waiting for delivery as it's a good vehicle and I cannot wait to get back off road with it again. Part of me was hopeful that I'll be one of the ones picked earlier on and get a Feb/Mar build date with delivery shortly there after.

Woke up this morning wondering if I'd be receiving any emails from Ford (still haven't received the "you have to roll over" email) any time soon but went about my day. Then, out of no where, receive a phone call from my dealer. I was kind of hopeful it may have been a "we have 4dr/your order was actually picked for MY22). Instead, it's the dreaded "your order was converted incorrectly" call. Everything except for the SAS package rolled over correctly to MY23.

Thus the conundrum I'm now faced with. For those who have stuck with my story, thank you. The question to you all is this: Do I risk "adding" the SAS package and possibly losing my "spot" in line, or just go with it as is and "self-sas" later down the road? For those who will inevitably ask, yes I plan on swapping out to K02s or Nitto's, yes I plan on leveling/lifting, and yes I plan on off-roading as much as possible. Why buy a Badlands if you're not going to take it off road?

OK, let's see what reasoning you all come up with and offer. Thank you in advanced.
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Buy the wild track. No brainer

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your spot in line does not move by making any changes. Your order date is the placeholder in line so even if you went to a 2 door, it does not change. He is full of it.

PP may change though, hard to say because of their wording.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
DorlanJ

DorlanJ

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buy the wild track. No brainer
Normally, yes, you're absolutely correct.
Family of 5 (wife, 9, 8, and 2.5 year old) with a 4th kid on the way. While this is not the family vehicle ('20 Sequoia for that), selling my wife on a 2 door as our second vehicle is a hard one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DorlanJ

DorlanJ

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your spot in line does not move by making any changes. Your order date is the placeholder in line so even if you went to a 2 door, it does not change. He is full of it.

PP may change though, hard to say because of their wording.
The PP is the other thing making me hesitant on it as well.

I'm more looking for is the SAS package worth it on a Badlands?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Skip PP. I dropped it and am glad I did. You can easily add a better version later. Adding SAS to badlands depends. I’m glad I did to my obx but had a chance to drive a non-SAS BL at the off rodeo and came away impressed. I wouldn’t have added it to a BL if I ordered one unless you are going to be doing some serious off roading.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck selling the wife on that one. Maybe get two and split the kids? Lol

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went in and updated my order today, and when it was rolled to a 2023 it dropped the Sasquatch package. I heard it happened to other people as well.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Non Sasquatch Bad Lands for the win.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normally, yes, you're absolutely correct.
Family of 5 (wife, 9, 8, and 2.5 year old) with a 4th kid on the way. While this is not the family vehicle ('20 Sequoia for that), selling my wife on a 2 door as our second vehicle is a hard one.
You don't need that negativity in your life. You can't fit 6 people in a 4-door either, I'm confused on the no 2 door mandate.

Adding SAS has nothing to do with your place in line, it may however be a constraint and you won't get built as fast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DorlanJ

DorlanJ

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Skip PP. I dropped it and am glad I did. You can easily add a better version later. Adding SAS to badlands depends. I’m glad I did to my obx but had a chance to drive a non-SAS BL at the off rodeo and came away impressed. I wouldn’t have added it to a BL if I ordered one unless you are going to be doing some serious off roading.
In this instance, I'm going with PP meaning Price Protection. Paint Protection was dropped as an offering awhile ago. And wouldn't get from factor anyways.

OP
OP
DorlanJ

DorlanJ

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't need that negativity in your life. You can't fit 6 people in a 4-door either, I'm confused on the no 2 door mandate.

Adding SAS has nothing to do with your place in line, it may however be a constraint and you won't get built as fast.
2dr is a hard no due to the difficulty of getting in/out.
Sponsored