First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the LOD bumper they have a positive stop that is bolted on the bumper itself. There is a tab welded onto the swing carrier. When the swing carrier reaches the positive stop it will not go any further. You can choose where you want the tail gate/carrier to stop. Not high tech, just a stop to prevent it from hitting anything.

The OEM shock is still attached to the tailgate which controls the rate at which it opens closes when it is swung with the tailgate. In most cases it is opened along with the tail gate. If opened without the tail gate the positive stop still limits how far the swing arm opens.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the LOD bumper they have a positive stop that is bolted on the bumper itself. There is a tab welded onto the swing carrier. When the swing carrier reaches the positive stop it will not go any further. You can choose where you want the tail gate/carrier to stop. Not high tech, just a stop to prevent it from hitting anything.

The OEM shock is still attached to the tailgate which controls the rate at which it opens closes when it is swung with the tailgate. In most cases it is opened along with the tail gate. If opened without the tail gate the positive stop still limits how far the swing arm opens.
I wish all the aftermarket bumper manufacturers would incorporate a similar device into their designs...controlling the amount of angle that the tailgate opens is super important. The weak link is the damper...it has plastic ends and already some folks have reported that theirs have snapped off when opening the tailgate. I think most owners are super careful about opening their own tailgates, but it's when a kid gets in or a dealership is opening the tailgate or anybody else that doesn't own the Bronco opens it too far...

ToddLabbq

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice. I use mine as a seat since there is nowhere to sit on the bumper to take of boots ETC.
I have a step for my dogs and noticed yours...that setup is slick with the shovel and so forth. A little pricey, but so is a decent shovel and axe and step. They were running a 20% off coupon recently.

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally got mine all dialed in and I am liking it... I also sourced the super cool off-road shovel from back East that straps to my Raptor hinges and I have the 4 gallon fuel carrier and a 1.5 gallon water carrier all tucked nicely without taking up my entire rear window. I also found the perfect license plate combo with LED brake light and license plate light...it took some work but there was really nothing else out there that wouldn't have taken some tweaks to get it to my liking. It was somewhat of a pain in the ass to have to fabricate a bracket to lower the wheel location but I have found that just about every setup out there places the tire up really high to provide the best departure angle. If I do something off-road that's anticipated to be gnarly I can simply swap the brackets out in about 10 minutes... But in my humble opinion I'd rather drive around on the roads the majority of my time with as much back window visibility as I can get. On a similar note I don't run a winch because I haven't found a setup yet that doesn't block the area that Ford specifically indicates should not be blocked...I'd like a winch, but that would mean relocating a bunch of stuff in front in order for me to feel better about not restricting cooling for the turbos. I'd rather pay to have somebody recover my vehicle if I'm by myself and don't have a winch then I would have for deny a warranty because I blocked the intercooler. For those of you who are going with a swing I'll carrier I highly recommend the M2M tailgate limiter...I recently installed mine and it works like a charm to keep my tailgate from stopping at 90°.

Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread 20230606_184307
Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread 20230606_184307
Really like your setup here. Have you considered a rear mounted winch? Saw this on the APG build using the expedition one rear bumper.
Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 6.08.22 PM

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really like your setup here. Have you considered a rear mounted winch? Saw this on the APG build using the expedition one rear bumper.
Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 6.08.22 PM
I would love to have a rear-mounted winch...it seems everybody and their brother is super excited to mount a winch on the front and block off much of the intended cooling provisions, but I'd rather have a friend with a winch when I wheel and not block the cooling. Do you have any links to successfully installed rear winches on a Bronco?

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love to have a rear-mounted winch...it seems everybody and their brother is super excited to mount a winch on the front and block off much of the intended cooling provisions, but I'd rather have a friend with a winch when I wheel and not block the cooling. Do you have any links to successfully installed rear winches on a Bronco?
No real details but you can see some video of the underneath. @ 11:10.

Sponsored

Fordfan88

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like the concept of their rear winch, but I would be hesitant winching with the tailgate open.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Running the Warn Elite rear bumper. Using the rear tire delete atm.

Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread 1686689898608

Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread 1686689933892

Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread 1686690048747

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Here is the tray apg built for the winch setup. Also, if not mounting on a braptor you will need a different exhaust setup as your stock muffler will be in the way.
IMG_7774.png