First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s happened like 3 times , one of them now. Vehicle is off, all doors shut, front dome lights turn off , but rear one remains on. I tried manually pressing the button, locking/unlocking/ opening & closing doors ,etc…. Still on ….

Just me ? Any suggestions ? Is there any other button (other than the one contained in the dome light) to turn this light on /off?

Thank you !!
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s happened like 3 times , one of them now. Vehicle is off, all doors shut, front dome lights turn off , but rear one remains on. I tried manually pressing the button, locking/unlocking/ opening & closing doors ,etc…. Still on ….

Just me ? Any suggestions ? Is there any other button (other than the one contained in the dome light) to turn this light on /off?

Thank you !!
Where is the rear dome light?

JKBL4

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Literally just had this same thing happen. Searched and found this post. Anyone else?

OP
OP
Jeverall

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Above the rear seat . I woke up this morning and it was off. When I started the vehicle it came back on and has remained on ….. 😕

7E03D36F-8F34-45DB-946F-B41EFD7D7D44.jpeg

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have the rear side one in the 4 door too? If so does that one stay on?

Last edited:

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have kids? I think there’s a button on that light to turn it on and off. If clicked to on it will stay in until the battery monitor system shuts it down like 15-20 min I think. It will come back on when the vehicle is started. It’s such a dim light that I’ve not noticed it being left on before as well.

OP
OP
Jeverall

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have kids? I think there’s a button on that light to turn it on and off. If clicked to on it will stay in until the battery monitor system shuts it down like 15-20 min I think. It will come back on when the vehicle is started. It’s such a dim light that I’ve not noticed it being left on before as well.
Haha yes, and that was my immediate thought…. My kids were back there yesterday and must have messed with it 😖
thanks I will try and toggle it again and wait 20 min between verifying if lit

The rear light on the side in the trunk is not on, 4dr OBX 2022

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From my experience dealing with the top dome light I believe the time out function is computer controlled or chip controlled in the light itself. It has a 3 wire setup on it. 2 hots and a ground. 1 hot has battery voltage (yellow), other is around 11.8. I believe that 11.8 wire may trigger the dimming sequence

Wrong or right I’m sure someone will add more details on how this light works.

Did you try a battery reset yet? That fixes 95% of issues in most cases. That covers most brands.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Literally just had this same thing happen. Searched and found this post. Anyone else?
Hi there. This lighting concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

JKBL4

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi there. This lighting concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

PM sent, thanks for reaching out

Sponsored

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had this happen last night, or just noticed it last night while driving. Pushing the button on the light itself did not work. However, pushing the button on the overhead console which controls all the overhead lights did turn it off. Try pushing the overhead console button twice...once to turn on all the lights and again to turn them all off. I haven't driven the vehicle since, but I will try to take notice if it does this again. Like someone else mentioned, the light is so dim, I barely notice it.

f3d

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX 2.7 Squatch HT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had this happen last night, or just noticed it last night while driving. Pushing the button on the light itself did not work. However, pushing the button on the overhead console which controls all the overhead lights did turn it off. Try pushing the overhead console button twice...once to turn on all the lights and again to turn them all off. I haven't driven the vehicle since, but I will try to take notice if it does this again. Like someone else mentioned, the light is so dim, I barely notice it.
its 100% this. I noticed it was on last night after my son was messing with the switch on the light in the back seat. Took me pushing almost everything on/off to finally find the magic combo of on with doors open off when locked. I think it was all front lights off,turn the door open one off too then make the back light go out, then turn door open light back on and it all works normally?Super scientific.😂
Sponsored