Sponsored

Ideas on how to prove out intermittent issues to dealers?

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Disclaimer, this isn't a whining post, and I am not inherently accusing dealers of lying

I've got a few issues with the bronco that are intermittent and do NOT happen 100% of the time. However, they do indeed occur on a regular basis and drive me nuts.

Main issue is the vibration I get at highway speeds felt in the steering wheel (i've posted a few times about this).
Wheels and tires have been balanced, retorqued, rotated and even swapped entirely with a buddy. The root of the cause lay elsewhere.

I've been to three dealers and they all claim to not feel the vibrations. This could be
1. They are not in-tuned enough to notice them (I mean my fiancé likely wouldn't... not that that is saying much)
2. As they are intermittent and don't occur 100% of the time, I keep getting unlucky and they don't present when techs test drive
3. Less likely, but possible, the dealers just don't want to deal with it.

I've waited on this Bronco for 10 years. Salivated over it. Love how it looks, how it performs off road..etc

but the vibrations are driving me nuts. I really don't want to dump it but I might have to if I can't get this damn issue resolved.

Does anyone have any clever ideas on how to prove the vibration issues to dealers? unfortunately they are not violent enough to catch on video by any means that I have thought of.

Any clever ideas appreciated. Thanks folks
Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Try to get a video or something showing when it happens. Pay attention when and where it happens too. Make sure its the same speed, check road conditions, etc. It could be the roads youre driving on too. If you can find a spot where it happens more often, take your service advisor for a ride to show them. Aside from that the only other thing is leave it with them for an undetermined amount of time for them to try and duplicate it, or deal with it till it gets worse.

Reactions: Jdc