Sponsored

Bronco Won’t Start - UPDATE - Intermittent Starting Issues & All Systems in Fault

WaitingForMyBroncoHTX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got mine on Thursday, left for vacation after, but drove 50+ miles day of. Went to start it up this morning to go to work… won’t start :mad:

all lights and electrical turn on inside but car wheezes when it tries to start. Only warning light is the red battery light and says something like full accessory power active.

I’ve tried disconnecting battery. Will try again and wait longer and will try to jumpstart it.

Update: jumpstart didnt help and disconnected + waited a while, that didnt help either. I called Ford roadside assistance and they are scheduling a tow this evening to the dealer by my house. They don't have any service loaners available and are not the dealer I bought mine from so the sales team loaners are a no go. My purchase dealer was over an hour away, so i'm basically screwed on getting a loaner.

Sidenote: The battery clamp on the negative doest fully tighten, it gets tight and electricity passes through, but the wire is still a little loos, It can be wiggled given a little elbow grease. Its tough to tighten but never stops.

Ford Bronco Bronco Won’t Start - UPDATE - Intermittent Starting Issues & All Systems in Fault bronco
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just got mine on Thursday, left for vacation after, but drove 100+ miles day of. Went to start it up this morning to go to work… won’t start :mad:

all lights and electrical turn on inside but car wheezes when it tries to start. Only warning light is the red battery light and says something like full active power mode on

I’ve tried disconnecting battery. Will try again and wait longer and will try to jumpstart it.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just got mine on Thursday, left for vacation after, but drove 50+ miles day of. Went to start it up this morning to go to work… won’t start :mad:

all lights and electrical turn on inside but car wheezes when it tries to start. Only warning light is the red battery light and says something like full accessory power active.

Update: jumpstart didnt help and disconnected + waited a while, that didnt help either. I called Ford roadside assistance and they are scheduling a tow this evening to the dealer by my house. They don't have any service loaners available and are not the dealer I bought mine from so the sales team loaners are a no go. My purchase dealer was over an hour away, so i'm basically screwed on getting a loaner.

Sidenote: The battery clamp on the negative doest fully tighten, it gets tight and electricity passes through, but the wire is still a little loos, It can be wiggled given a little elbow grease. Its tough to tighten but never stops.

Ford Bronco Bronco Won’t Start - UPDATE - Intermittent Starting Issues & All Systems in Fault bronco

I have a thread on this exact issue for my Bronco. One of many.
Mine is extremely random in terms of when it decides not to turn on.

Between this, high way vibration, leaking A-pillars, metal fluttering sound...etc
I'm thinking I have a lemon...

WaitingForMyBroncoHTX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a thread on this exact issue for my Bronco. One of many.
Mine is extremely random in terms of when it decides not to turn on.

Between this, high way vibration, leaking A-pillars, metal fluttering sound...etc
I'm thinking I have a lemon...
Man, sorry to hear about all your issues, i'd definitely be looking into lemon with that much.

Checked out your video on the other thread, mine is very similar except the wheezing is more faint, and wont start even after many tries.

Did you ever sned it back to get fixed or just dealing with it?

Sponsored

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man, sorry to hear about all your issues, i'd definitely be looking into lemon with that much.

Checked out your video on the other thread, mine is very similar except the wheezing is more faint, and wont start even after many tries.

Did you ever sned it back to get fixed or just dealing with it?

Just been dealing with it thus far - I have a pretty busy schedule and the dealers around here have failed me so frequently I don't really want to risk having no vehicle for X amount of days for no reason.

WaitingForMyBroncoHTX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did some more research and since the Full Accessory Power is Active, could that have killed the battery? I never turned it on/off so it came from the factory like this. Car sat in the garage all weekend so wonder if it killed the battery. Will try to figure out how to turn off the full accessory power later this evening when I get home.

All the power inside the cabin turns on though.

WaitingForMyBroncoHTX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Welp, between last night and this morning I have had 2 tows basically no show to take this to the dealer. I am beyond frustrated.

I left work early last night to be home for the tow, he decided to call and say he would be there about 30+ mins early which I couldn't be there and said he will wait. Decided to take another job an was unresponsive. Called Ford to get another tow scheduled for early morning today so I could get it picked up and get to work at a reasonable time since I was very late due to yesterdays fiasco. This mornings tow was 2 hrs late and no time table given, he decided to take another 6am tow and once he told Ford it'll be another 45 mins, was going to be too late I had to cancel.

Fingers crossed this third scheduled tow will actually happen. This all just sucks cause I live 1.7 miles from the dealer its going to. I could have pushed the car with a friend to the dealer by now.

WaitingForMyBroncoHTX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update: after finally getting it towed yesterday, dealer looked at it this afternoon and said it has a faulty starter. Will be most likely Friday before they can get a new one and get it installed.

Here's to hoping thats all it is!

Sponsored

JD155

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had the same issue last week. Tried multiple times to start vehicle. Wouldn't work using Ford pass app either. Unfortunately had to have it towed. After the dealer looked at it, the advised me of the same thing. Worst part is they told me a new starter was on back order 🤦 After waiting 25 months for my Bronco, now this. Have less than 2000 miles on it too.

PXL_20230405_204028756.jpg

Flycmk

Wildtrak
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the same issue last week. Tried multiple times to start vehicle. Wouldn't work using Ford pass app either. Unfortunately had to have it towed. After the dealer looked at it, the advised me of the same thing. Worst part is they told me a new starter was on back order 🤦 After waiting 25 months for my Bronco, now this. Have less than 2000 miles on it too.

PXL_20230405_204028756.jpg
I had intermittent problems starting my vehicle (push the button and a click and then nothing). I finally got my new starter this week after it has been at the dealership for over a month, and will be picking up my Bronco today. Fingers crossed the new starter does the trick. Hope you get yours replaced soon.

JD155

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had intermittent problems starting my vehicle (push the button and a click and then nothing). I finally got my new starter this week after it has been at the dealership for over a month, and will be picking up my Bronco today. Fingers crossed the new starter does the trick. Hope you get yours replaced soon.
Yea dude got my Bronco back two days ago. Dealer had it for almost two weeks awaiting a new starter to arrive. Since I'l picked it up has been fine. Hoping the new one works out for you as well. Gluck

Frymom

Black Diamond
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine randomly throws all codes & makes noises when I've sat in it (turned off) for a little while somewhere. When I start it, it makes all kinds of noises & goes thru brake system failure, hill assist failure & other things, telling me to schedule service. Every time it has somehow turned the emergency brake on. Today I parked it & was in the house for hours. Went to move it & got all the noises & it said my emergency brake failure or fault. I didn't even have it on. Of course I didn't have my phone with me so I couldn't snap a picture. The message was gone by the time I got my phone & went back.

We are having the same issue with our black diamond 22 4 door. Dealer has had it for 2 weeks can’t figure out the problem and say they’ve never heard of it happening before. So now I find myself looking for answers myself

Bunky67

Outer Banks
First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door Outerbanks w/Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We are having the same issue with our black diamond 22 4 door. Dealer has had it for 2 weeks can’t figure out the problem and say they’ve never heard of it happening before. So now I find myself looking for answers myself
I have a partial video, but it happens so fast & randomly it makes it hard to catch it.
Sponsored