First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my advice is two part, stay within the 133lbs weight limit the tailgate is designed to hold, and if you change tire size/wheel offset make sure to swap the rubber bump stops for different ones with proper spacing so the tire still has a bit of extra stability and won't be bumped back and forth at all. To solve this I found another thread on this forum using these Jeep bumpstops that just need a hole cut in the middle to mount them with the plastic clips, and then trim to desired length: https://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspension-2-9105G-SPARE-BUMPER/dp/B01IDM1OCE

These are 37s with 0 offset wheels weighing about 105lbs and I have zero issues. No bounce or rattle, I also have the Ford tailgate tray.

Ford Bronco Rear door weight limit. 87488D35-FA1B-450C-8319-B6BF7ED99201

Ford Bronco Rear door weight limit. 58E27EF9-09A7-4EA6-8A15-124CBF471E64
Sponsored

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wanted to revive an old thread.

According to the posts here 133 pounds is the listed weight for the tailgate. If a Sasquatch tire and rim is 87.5 pounds (call it 88) that gives us only 45 pounds to play with? Or is that taking into account the factory tire and rim and have 133 pounds of additional weight?

For example the JCR table is around 10 pounds so now we are down to 35. Molle a few things on the bottom of the table and save some room for stuff on the table itself and we are pretty much maxed out.

Has anyone out there added a table and molle'd stuff on it AND added anything else to the tire like a Rotopax or a tire platform rack WITHOUT reinforcing the tire?

I'm not planning to upgrade to 37s. But wanted to see if I could get away with adding a rotopax and maybe a 5lb propane tank to the tire itself via something like this.

https://badasstents.com/product/ba-...d-highlift-jack-assembly-complete-with-strap/

Thoughts and input appreciated.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thoughts and input appreciated.
I doubt the weight limit is in addition to and is more likely a total weight limit. This is the first time I have seen the 133lbs limit listed anywhere but I haven't sought out the info either. However, I have had a 37" wheel and tire (~115lbs) hanging of my unreinforced tailgate for over a year now without issue. I think your described scenario of a table, small propane tank and rotopax would be fine. Don't forget there is a built in safety factor to that 133lbs as they know idiots like us are going to push the limit.
Sponsored