First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know how much weight you can hang off the back gate . When you buy bigger tires that can add up to 50lbs alone let alone some sort of rack to carry any accessories, gas, traction boards,etc. Tks
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think Ford has officially posted the weight limits. But we can make an educated guess.

The Sasquatch wheel/tire weighs 87.5 lbs, and the Sasquatch tire weighs 52 lbs.

We know the Bronco Raptor included some reinforcements for the tailgate, which suggests the stock tailgate wasn't beefy enough for the increased weight of the 37" tire included with the Bronco Raptor. We also know the Bronco Raptor is a 37" BFG KO2 tire. BFG website says their 37" tire weighs 65 lbs. We don't know what the Raptor wheels weight, but lets just assume it is roughly the same as the Sasquatch wheel.

So...

(Sas wheel/tire) - (Sas tire) + (Raptor tire) = (Approx Raptor wheel/tire)
87.5 lbs - 52 lbs + 65lbs = 100.5 lbs

Which means the weight limit is somewhere between 87.5 lbs and 100.5 lbs.

So... probably 98 lbs-ish??? Maybe??

Either way, I wouldn't go much over 100 lbs unless you reinforce the tailgate. There are a few vendors that already reinforcement brackets on the market, such as this kit from Rough Country.
Ford Bronco Rear door weight limit. 1643493981124

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it’s pretty much at the limits with Sasquatch. A lot of folks are complaining above the rattling coming from the back. Things will surely get worse as time goes on.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
From my quick glance at the raptor’s heiny, it didn’t look like the reinforcement actually reinforced the hinges themselves, so maybe it’s not safe to assume it was needed from a hinge reinforcement perspective?

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What if we took off the tailgate and tire. How much weight would we remove? Just add a net for your cargo. 😜

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From my quick glance at the raptor’s heiny, it didn’t look like the reinforcement actually reinforced the hinges themselves, so maybe it’s not safe to assume it was needed from a hinge reinforcement perspective?
We got that from the Ford engineer in a Raptor video. Although, it is possible we are wrong on what needed reinforcing.
@8:33 - Reason for extra support for spare tire hanger.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...h-ford-performance-engineering-manager.34817/

Sponsored
OP
OP

shelbyleader

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think Ford has officially posted the weight limits. But we can make an educated guess.

We know the Bronco Raptor included some reinforcements for the tailgate, which suggests the stock tailgate wasn't beefy enough for the increased weight of the 37" tire included with the Bronco Raptor. We also know the Bronco Raptor is a 37" BFG KO2 tire. BFG website says their 37" tire weighs 65 lbs. We don't know what the Raptor wheels weigh, but lets just assume it is roughly the same as the Sasquatch wheel.

So...

Either way, I wouldn't go much over 100 lbs unless you reinforce the tailgate. There are a few vendors that already reinforcement brackets on the market, such as this kit from Rough Country.
I did see 133 lbs after further research, I will Chech on the rough country part, wondering how much the hinges will support next. Thanks everyone for the answers and suggestions.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We know the Bronco Raptor included some reinforcements for the tailgate, which suggests the stock tailgate wasn't beefy enough for the increased weight of the 37" tire included with the Bronco Raptor. We also know the Bronco Raptor is a 37" BFG KO2 tire. BFG website says their 37" tire weighs 65 lbs. We don't know what the Raptor wheels weigh, but lets just assume it is roughly the same as the Sasquatch wheel.

So...

I'm not an engineer, so this is a legitimate question - how does that kit from Rough Country successfully increase the strength of the door hinges? It seems like it just adds more weight, no?

yokayyb

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw 340i, Kawasaki zx6r
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m assuming the reinforce bracket from RC is suggested when also adding tailgate table as well?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m assuming the reinforce bracket from RC is suggested when also adding tailgate table as well?
I wouldn't think so, but it likely wouldn't hurt either.

The table itself weighs nothing, and the Ford tailgate table holds three fifths of nothing, so I'm not overly worried about it.
Sponsored