First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey everyone, I need a little guidance here.

Parked the Bronco at the airport while on vacation. Someone tried to break into it unsuccessfully. Unfortunately they damaged some trim and the window does not line up with the seal any longer. It's as if they pushed the entire window forward. Now the upper rear corner of the window is high and the upper front corner is low.

I have the door panel off and am looking at how the rails hold the window. It's not obvious what is bent or out of alignment. Anyone have an idea of how to mechanically realign these windows? If there is an exploded view of the door, that would be great. Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wizbangdoodle

Wizbangdoodle

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Upon further investigation, I found that they have actually bent the door skin, making it so there is a gap between the window and exterior window felt/seal. Looks like the door will need to be replaced. Bummer.
Quite surprised they just didn't break the window.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say that is a comp claim. Put it back together, file a police report, call your insurance company, let a good shop fix it right.

OP
OP
Wizbangdoodle

Wizbangdoodle

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup, insurance claim is in the works.

Out of curiosity, I looked up a couple of the parts that were damaged. The triangular rubber piece at the bottom rear of the window (that has a metal track attached to it), and the felt seal on the top edge of the door. $400! Wonder what a new door and paint will cost.

OP
OP
Wizbangdoodle

Wizbangdoodle

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, it's just gets better. We're leaving on a trip, in the Bronco of course, and this won't get fixed in time. I think I'll take a stab at trying to get the window to seal a bit better. Has anyone pulled the mechanism apart? Looking online at a diagram, it's looks like the motor drives some cables? Can anyone clarify?

Sponsored

jgraham37128

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd try a dent removal shop. This way there's no repaint. You'd be surprised what they can do if they're good. Insurance normally and might pay all of it too. I know its not a dent removal but they specialize in bending metal so they may very know how to push it back in place.

OP
OP
Wizbangdoodle

Wizbangdoodle

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hmm, not a bad idea. I'll call around.

OP
OP
Wizbangdoodle

Wizbangdoodle

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most body shops are booked out until February FOR A QUOTE!
Fortunately I found one that can get it in at the end of January.

FYI, the crooks must have just pushed on the window hard enough, it moved in the brackets that hold it. Loosened those up and repositioned it and it will be ok until it goes in.

Emerald

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most body shops are booked out until February FOR A QUOTE!
Fortunately I found one that can get it in at the end of January.

FYI, the crooks must have just pushed on the window hard enough, it moved in the brackets that hold it. Loosened those up and repositioned it and it will be ok until it goes in.
My drivers side passenger door window is or came out of alignment. Lots of wind noise because it no longer seals well. This happened after the windows froze shut on Christmas Eve with the Siberian express and the door got closed with the window stuck in the up position. Still need to look at getting that fixed.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My drivers side passenger door window is or came out of alignment. Lots of wind noise because it no longer seals well. This happened after the windows froze shut on Christmas Eve with the Siberian express and the door got closed with the window stuck in the up position. Still need to look at getting that fixed.
I've seen videos of people adjusting the window via the two rubber grommets on the bottom of the door. Pull those off and there's a bolt you can loosen and then pull to the outside of the vehicle to put the window back in alignment. Seems easy enough to at least try.

Here's one video. Let us know how it goes.

OP
OP
Wizbangdoodle

Wizbangdoodle

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup, saw those bolts when I had it apart. Those are adjustments to bring the top of the window in or out. At this point, I'm just letting the body shop deal with it.
Sponsored