First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am interested in getting rid of the useless box and wiper arm on my rear window. I have seen there are plug kits for Jeep - any experience out there just using generic grommets or bolts with neoprene washers or something?

I would like to make it look clean. Any advice from anyone that has DIY'd this on any other vehicle?
Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am interested in getting rid of the useless box and wiper arm on my rear window. I have seen there are plug kits for Jeep - any experience out there just using generic grommets or bolts with neoprene washers or something?

I would like to make it look clean. Any advice from anyone that has DIY'd this on any other vehicle?
Yep, agree! Wiper delete was one of my 1st mods.

Sponsored
OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why didn't anyone tell me it's useless? I've been here using it like a dummy
I've found the rear wiper to be more useful than the fronts!
Well, for starters - my build is pre-prep kit - so, it’s not worth the effort. Second - that tiny 7” half moon clean section just looks dumpy IMO. I just clean the entire glass.

When it comes to rain, I got used to the soft top. So, it doesn’t bother me. I would like to get the defrost going to clear that up

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep, agree! Wiper delete was one of my 1st mods.
What did you do? Pics? The arm seems
Like it comes off easily - but, I’d like to get rid of the box too.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've thought about it. I despise rear wipers. I mean I really, truly hate them. The only reason its still on my Bronco is its reasonably well hidden. I've never used it and never will.

I got rid of it on my Focus RS using a plug from Kill All Wipers but they don't have a Bronco application. It might be worth measuring the hole in the glass and emailing them to see if they have one for another car that matches up, they have the cleanest product out there.

Do it, I promise you won't miss it. Just make sure to silicone it up good.

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What did you do? Pics? The arm seems
Like it comes off easily - but, I’d like to get rid of the box too.
Yes, all came off. Wiper motor / box is held on with an epoxy caulk. Tried a wire thread, no luck. Used a 4" wide puddy knife with a body hammer and just kept working it around till free. I capped the washer feed and tucked the cable in the side panel.

I did not remove the sprayer head on the back window.

Pics will have wait till Friday. If you need the plug for the window I can send later.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I use the hell outta mine, I shaved it off my old Explorer and loved the look hated the lost visibility.

Ford Bronco Rear Wiper Delete 20230307_174536

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah. no thanks! I’d rather have some glass cleaner and a microfiber on-board and do the whole window on salty days (albeit, a lot less here than Alaska). How much do you really gain from that? Pretty much just the dude riding your ass.

Again, the amount of effort and money for parts it would require to add as a pre-prep kit build - certainly not worth it for a 7” rainbow.

Thanks @Gtrekker - I knew there would be someone that tackled this already. Thankful for your ingenuity. I was afraid the box was gonna be more difficult than just unbolting it from the other side. But, that doesn’t sound too bad. Spray head doesn’t bother me. Appreciate it!

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I have a rear facing dash cam (front too) so the wiper is useful for me when rain drops or dust on the hatch glass.

BroncoFuji

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my rear wiper. Even though it’s small, sometimes it’s the only place I can see out the back!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. no thanks! I’d rather have some glass cleaner and a microfiber on-board and do the whole window on salty days (albeit, a lot less here than Alaska). How much do you really gain from that? Pretty much just the dude riding your ass.
What do you gain from all that effort of handwashing the entire glass every 5 miles?

Not a damn thing, UNLESS, you keep the rear headrests down all the time.

In my two door, the wiper clears damn near 100% of the only bit of window you can see thru the rear view mirror when the head rests are up.

The only time I use the rest of the window was when my (recently departed) poocher 🐕🐶 was back there and I was fueling up .... so of course you have to make faces at the pupper.
🤪
Sponsored