First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 U13, 1974 U15 & 2023 Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guys, I took the rubber covers off the wiper arms and removed the bolts holding the wiper arms off. They do not seem to come off. I cant see a retaining feature like my older Broncos have for example. What am I missing here? I want to take the wipers and cover off to wrap teh windshield frame.
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Guys, I took the rubber covers off the wiper arms and removed the bolts holding the wiper arms off. They do not seem to come off. I cant see a retaining feature like my older Broncos have for example. What am I missing here? I want to take the wipers and cover off to wrap teh windshield frame.
There is nothing holding the wiper arms on other than the nuts. They are press fit onto a taper stud, so a little persuasion will be needed or a wiper arm puller. Usually just pulling back on the wiper arm will get it loose, but be careful not to pull too hard or you could damage the wiper motor.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First time I removed the wiper arms on my wrangler, I loosened the nut but did not remove. Then, while pulling up on the wiper arm I lightly tapped the stud until it broke free. But, by leaving the nut on, the wiper arm didn't fly off and I was able to remove the nut and then the arm ;)

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reminds me that I used to carry a socket to tighten up mine on my Scirocco back in the day. Any sticking made it pop loose.

Bronc’n Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With nut loosely on, tap the stud lightly while pulling arm or use old style battery terminal puller.
Sponsored