Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stupid question alert...Why would there be a need for a fog light on the rear of the Bronco? Other than backing out of the driveway and using them as you said for camp light, working in the rear of the vehicle etc.????
Lots of vehicles have rear fog lights; I think European vehicles have them. They’re basically brighter tail lights, lower to the ground. Similar to front fog lights, but it allows people behind you to see you better in thick fog.
Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of vehicles have rear fog lights; I think European vehicles have them. They’re basically brighter tail lights, lower to the ground. Similar to front fog lights, but it allows people behind you to see you better in thick fog.
Ok, see edit # 2 in my post. Thanks 604Bronco. I can see where you really might need that in Canada. Texas, not so much! EDIT: I'm making a huge assumption there. What is your weather like where you live in British Columbia?

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, see edit # 2 in my post. Thanks 604Bronco. I can see where you really might need that in Canada. Texas, not so much! EDIT: I'm making a huge assumption there. What is your weather like where you live in British Columbia?
Well ironically, there’s thick fog right now lol. Definitely more of an issue in some areas vs others. But they can also be useful in heavy snow/bad weather in general.

Edit: https://www.cars.com/articles/how-do-rear-fog-lights-work-1420684806751/

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stupid question alert...Why would there be a need for a fog light on the rear of the Bronco? Other than backing out of the driveway and using them as you said for camp light, working in the rear of the vehicle etc.???? EDIT: Do people back down foggy roads??? EDIT #2: Maybe for visibility in heavy fog?

I was wondering about the term "rear fogs" also.

Apparently so people speeding in foggy conditions don't give you the San Francisco bump......
If I think they don't see me, I just tap the brake pedal a few times or use the hazards. Same difference.

My primary use will be a high mounted, white backing and work area light.

Sponsored

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've had a number of people ask if I'm making these and in all honesty I'm a backyard mechanic with limited skills - Lol. I do wish I had the tools to do this, but I'm fortunate enough to have a good friend with the skills tools and knowledge necessary to fab something up based on an initial concept. This was more of a one-off but I don't mind sharing what I did and walk thru the install best I can - note I didn't record or take pictures of the build or install but don't mind helping anyone out!

At this time I don't know of a fabricator but imagine it would be an easy item for them to make given that I think it's a simplistic design. I could ask around and see how many they would need to produce and how much it would cost if there's enough interest?

Material cost was quite low - it was more of the initial time of set up (mocking it out) and grinding but with the right jig and with the measurements known I don't think it wouldn't cost much (but then a piece of bent metal to hold lights cost more than I can think it should - Lol...)

For the time being I'm going to share some pictures and measurements to hopefully help someone out whom knows this world better than I...

Ford Bronco Rear Work Light/Fog Light PXL_20220123_165416978

Maybe you guys at @4x4TruckLEDs.com can cut this guy a deal and start making these as KR.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

defiant2

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've ordered the new DD kit, just need your brackets as I like the idea of the lights peeking out between the spokes (non-squatch badlands wheels on mine) and for less work when rotating wheels/tires. Really nice work on your concept - exactly what I want to do.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bronco fans,
I wanted to share a project that a good buddy of mine and I worked on which turned out better than expected!

I love camping and many times arrive to the site later in the evening (have to fight traffic to make it there on Friday), so it's important to have good lighting when setting up camp. In addition - since Bronco's have the ability to have rear fog lights, I thought it would be a good idea to incorporate this feature into the work lights.

I looked at a few different solutions that use the spare tire studs to mount rear lighting, but those plates stick out past the tire (and I need all the space I can get to fit in the garage with all the other stuff in there), so I had an idea - lets mount them onto the spare tire holder and have the lights stick out thru the spokes of the sasquatch wheels.
After a little trial and error we had success. This is my first fab - likely over built but were driving a bronco so why not!

Pictures to help show it off/explain it.

Bracket made with 1/4 Steel (2" wide for main support, top support made with 1 1/2")
Lights - Diode Dynamics SSC1 Pro with Red backlight. These suckers are bright
Wiring run thru grommet where rear stop light and camera comes thru. Unwrapped tape from factory and fed new lines thru.
I have it connected to an upfitter switch. If you want you can get fancy you can have it work with reverse, a switch or a combination of the two. - upfitter connection allowing multi-use of lights.

Note that the rear tire mount appears to made from plastic. It's actually more stout than you think. It has an aluminum core in-between the shell.

Let me know what you think!
I like it! Nice idea and the brackets look solid. Spare comes off, no issues... Open tailgate, unload an setup camp. All works...đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Sponsored