Clubs

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Interesting. Either way...my dealer is expecting theirs within a few weeks and I am certainly taking advantage of being offered to take it for a spin.

You gotta be dumb to buy one of those anyhow. With the announcement of the "break-in period" you better believe they won't be treated correctly out of the stable by test drivers and excited staff.
I've had around 5 new cars in my life, and I've gracefully honored the "break-in" period exactly 0 times. Not wise I'm sure, but I drove an S-10 and a CR-V 200,000+ and I've got a 2017 TItan XD at 70,000. So far...no problems. <knocks on the nearest wooden surface>

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 Transit Connect
I've had around 5 new cars in my life, and I've gracefully honored the "break-in" period exactly 0 times. Not wise I'm sure, but I drove an S-10 and a CR-V 200,000+ and I've got a 2017 TItan XD at 70,000. So far...no problems. <knocks on the nearest wooden surface>
Coming from someone who's rounding out 300k on his TDI - I like getting the most out of vehicles - long term. So, it's worth it to me.

Our Transit purchase went against my better judgement and was previously a rental - but, we were desperate and needed something for our business. But, as a general rule - I always bought cars from original owners with meticulous documentation. I never got into leasing or buying used cars on lots.

Advertisement

4 Wheel Parts

Advertisement