Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Biggest issue I have with the manual seats is when they move forward to allow access to the rear seat they don’t lock. Everyone I have seen getting in and out of the back seat has issues with the seat moving as they try to get in and out.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Biggest issue I have with the manual seats is when they move forward to allow access to the rear seat they don’t lock. Everyone I have seen getting in and out of the back seat has issues with the seat moving as they try to get in and out.
I’ve never heard of this problem. You usually push on the seat back as you get in or out. Not sure how it could slide. I’ve owned 1984 through 2002 model 2DR vehicles and never had this issue.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve never heard of this problem. You usually push on the seat back as you get in or out. Not sure how it could slide. I’ve owned 1984 through 2002 model 2DR vehicles and never had this issue.
Example at 6:35 time stamp in this video...

My wife has a VW Golf R 2 door. When you push the seat forward or pull it forward outside the car from a standing position it locks forward. 2021 FORD Bronco does not based on two different videos I have seen. Like I said originally it is an issue that I hope is addressed, other wise poor design to make it difficult for egress and ingress the rear seats.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

My wife has a VW Golf R 2 door. When you push the seat forward or pull it forward outside the car from a standing position it locks forward. 2021 FORD Bronco does not based on two different videos I have seen. Like I said originally it is an issue that I hope is addressed, other wise poor design to make it difficult for egress and ingress the rear seats.
You know VW would do it right (GTI ❤). If the seat slides very easily, I can see how that feature would be helpful (even necessary). That seat on the Bronco did seem to move too easily. Maybe (hope) it’s a pre-production issue? If it does that on the production version, they can expect poor JD Power scores and complaints for sure. Mine have all had a bit of resistance once you move the seat forward, not a lock, but they don’t want to slide back on there own without at least pulling on the seatback.

Good eye on noticing this one. I remember that video and didn’t even notice it.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, you called it. ? Driver lumbar on the manual. I still don’t see any seat tilt (seat bottom).

8C87E781-D0AD-4810-AA14-BDBD6DBB5F60.jpeg

For those who are curious, it’s the round knob on the side of the seat base.
and no, I don't believe the bottom tilts (as it would in power) just the back.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

My BRZ has a similar design, where the front seat slides forward, but then wants to slide back as someone is trying to enter/exit the back seat. Doesn't work so well.

By the way, this photo from an old school Chevy Blazer (see below) is the sort of trick design I would have liked to have seen in the new Bronco. Provides more space for rear passenger access. One of my top new Bronco gripes is what appears (at least in videos) as limited access to the rear seat on the 2-door.

Ford Bronco Recent Ford manual seats? 1614011478269
Sponsored