First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was shopping for a new F-150 a week ago. Crew Cab STX trim. Wife got the biggest grin ever when she climbed in and realized it had manual seats. Knew right then it was going to follow us home.

Never had power seats in any vehicle that didn't get flaky or bad switches over time. Whenever I get the oil changed on the Expedition I leave a note taped to the wheel that says "do not move seat" because it might not go back.

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I actually like manual seats with the least amount of adjustments possible. I'll get used to it. Power is especially a pain with multiple drivers when there are not memory settings.

Eason

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 King Ranch V8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have ordered a 2dr Bronco Badlands. I am concern about the potential lack of comfort from the 6 way manual seats. I have not owned a vehicle with manual seats in over 30 years. Does Ford offer the Bronco manual seats or seats that are very similar in any other Ford products? I thought I read someplace, but don't remember where, that the driver seat will include "lumbar support" adjustment. However, I have not found anything official from Ford confirming that.
I understand where you're coming from. I've ordered a 2 Door and haven't had manual seats in years. They are apparently manual even on the high end 2 doors so that they are easy to slide forward to let backseat passengers in and out of the vehicle.

That being said, I think we are going to have all of the comfort benefits in the seats but they'll just be manual instead of automatic. The height adjustment will be cool and I think it will be easier to make very small adjustments. I'm not worried about it myself.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I played with the manual seats at Super Cel. I came away very impressed. You can fine tune all the adjustments with ease. Playing with the lumbar almost doubles as a back massage. :LOL: My favorite feature is that the seat has memory when you slide/unfold it back into position after letting someone into the back seat. No need to readjust the seat back (Ford 1 Isuzu 0).

Sponsored

Eason

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 King Ranch V8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I played with the manual seats at Super Cel. I came away very impressed. You can fine tune all the adjustments with ease. Playing with the lumbar almost doubles as a back massage. :LOL: My favorite feature is that the seat has memory when you slide/unfold it back into position after letting someone into the back seat. No need to readjust the seat back (Ford 1 Isuzu 0).
That is great to hear!! Thank you!

Gibbens

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR BL Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know. If you are to let a passenger in the back, do these seats revert back to the original position or are you adjusting them back to where you sit?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone know. If you are to let a passenger in the back, do these seats revert back to the original position or are you adjusting them back to where you sit?
Yes, I said that like three posts up. 😂

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too played with the seat at Townsend.....VERY impressed with range and ease of adjustment up/down and back/forth and lumbar support movement was better than expected. Give ‘em a big Well Done on this!

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The wrangler manual seats use a jacking mechanism to raise and lower the seats.
That appears to be what they used in the Bronco. Sat in one today. Seems to me it adds a lot of stress to the handle, and the one on the BL started to click as if the internals were starting to strip.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That appears to be what they used in the Bronco. Sat in one today. Seems to me it adds a lot of stress to the handle, and the one on the BL started to click as if the internals were starting to strip.
I always either get out or lift my butt out of the seat to adjust the height on a manual seat. A lot less work that way. 🤷‍♂️

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The MGV only comes with manual seats. The leather seats have power. They do not come with a memory setting.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The MGV only comes with manual seats. The leather seats have power. They do not come with a memory setting.
All 2DRs are manual seats and the memory setting we are talking about is the memory for the seatback to go back to where it was after sliding forward.