First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If a mounting plate could be developed that permanently bolted to the wheel well and then the flap itself could be mounted to the plate with some sort of caming lever or twist nut, that would allow the flap to be completely removed and still maintain the mounting plates integrity.

And then if a quick twist with either fingers, screw driver or pliars the flap would come off with nothing hanging below the wheel well. I would buy a large mud flap!
Sponsored

BlueBronco1969

First Edition
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco (Blue)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ll say this. I paid $333 for a pair without Bronco logos for front wheels only because SAS was throwing small rocks against my doors. Until you hold this splash guard and the cheaper $50 ones in your hands (and see the hardware), it will be difficult to appreciate the quality difference. Also, if you have rock rails you can forget the $50 pair.

lmarchetti

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate your detailed and thoughtful feedback.
Never thought I would have an engaging conversation about splash guards but here we are, thank you for entertaining my thoughts.
The fasteners are black oxide stainless steel (we ship fasteners from Canada to California to have this done). Looks like the instructions just say "SS". I'll try to get that info added to our website.
That's some high quality hardware, for those wondering why the product is selling at a premium this is in part where your money is going. Well spent IMO.

I wonder if there is anything that can survive being sandwiched between the rock slider and a rock? There's a reason the rock slider is made out of steel. That said, it's certainly something to look into. A flexible material that isn't too floppy that can be folded in half and not break or derform.
Interesting point to ponder, a hard material would crack and a softer material would probably get pinched against the rail and drug ripping it off the mounts.

I honestly think the only way to avoid the problem is to have the upper level with the slider.
My kit came with a longer bolt spacer than what is on the YouTube instructional and my rails only poke through the holes less than a quarter of an inch. It may be possible to not have a cutout at all for the rail and you could put the removable lower input there level with the slider.

I know this product is already in production, but its fun to talk about!
You make a valid and important point. Even if you remove the rubber, you may still smash the nylon offset in certain off road driving situations. If you plan to do some serious off-roading, I would remove them entirely. As previously mentioned, you can remove the mud flap and bar, leaving the frame mounted brackets in place. See that post for some caveats.

We can supply individual replacement parts.
This is great news, thank you for passing that along.

With the rear height, I think it had to do with:

1. Balancing appearance. The front was mounted lower than usual out of necessity to clear the rock rail. In order to try to balance this (maybe I was overthinking it), I moved the rear down a little also. If you draw a line from the front offset to the rear offset, they should match the body lines pretty closely.

061A0144(1).jpg

White line roughly follows body line:

061A0144.jpg

Rear at original height:

061A0134.jpg

Rear moved up approximately 1 inch:

061A0134 Shorter Rear.jpg

2. I also tried to retain the tapered top outer corner, that jogs in. Maybe it would look fine without?

061A0042.jpg

3. Height off the ground. If I move the mud flap up in the rear, would the shorter rubber be too short, and the longer rubber we have too long? I tried to find the right balance. But I'm not saying I got it right.
Now that you point out the rear offset was done to match the front, I understand and that makes sense. I think in my quest for clearance I was hoping for an inch less plastic in the rear and an inch more rubber removable flap to compensate.

I had a look at the CAD files and it looks like we could move the rear up 1 inch (max). I will pass this info on, and add it to our list of things to test out. It would be a fairly easy change if it looks better.

Thanks again for your feedback.
Thank you for all your hard work!

Last edited:

Inspector_Nipples

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2021
Your Bronco Model
Base
anyone still here I found on CJPONYPARTS a set of 4 mudguards for 125. Apparently only for use if you have the normal size fenders. Best of luck!

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

anyone still here I found on CJPONYPARTS a set of 4 mudguards for 125. Apparently only for use if you have the normal size fenders. Best of luck!
You talking about these?
https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-front-splash-guards-pair-bronco-2021/p/MF27/
https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-rear-splash-guards-pair-bronco-2021/p/MF28/

That’s the highest price I’ve seen!
I bought mine here:
https://www.oemfordpartsdirect.com/...meT0yMDIxJnQ9YmFkbGFuZHMmZT0yLTNsLWw0LWdhcw==

Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bandit958

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 Bronco, 2021 F150 4x4 Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I usually don't reply to much about things, just like to read the replies. But the Mud flaps are
not that big of a deal, I agree on the one post that the back really doesn't need any. but I wasn't going to spend a lot on Mud Flaps, kinda of silly. Got these on Amazon $25.00 maybe a couple bucks in hardware, made my own bracket. They serve the purpose.
Sponsored

Attachments