First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks KC....appreciate a heads-up on the heavy frames for the 2-door rear seat BACKS...do those bolts extend Downward through the floor frame. OR are they studs welded onto the frame extending upwards for the frames to sit on?
Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also plan to remove the rear seats in my 2D. It’s a must for weekend camping / wheeling trips. I expect to take them out and put them back in frequently.
I don’t have the photo, will look, but I seam to remember seeing a pic of the 2D body being shipped somewhere and it had bolts sticking up from the floor. Like the studs were part of the body and the seats would be bolted down on them. Not sure. I’ll see if I can find the pic.

Edit: maybe I’m wrong. I can’t find the pic I was thinking of, but it was part of this discussion. Maybe there was a walk around vid / alternate thread like this one.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...pped-for-soft-top-and-supplier-fitting.10038/
Well, maybe we can bolt some sort of platform to them if they're obtrusive. Might be a good thing. There's a pony in there somewhere.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven’t seen the seat bottoms fold up on the 4 door. If they do like the 2 door that will make it a lot easier
The 2-door seat bottoms flip forward, and the rear section folds flat.

The 4-door seat bottoms collapse down and the rear sear folds flat on top and the whole mess pancakes into the footwell.

bomkrb

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any ideas what the measurements of a Goose Gear deck will be with a removed rear seat??

Sponsored

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any fresh reports on the back seat removal? Studs up or bolts down?

Anyone going to a Celebration with a camera, a small tool bag, and some gumption to throw those seats forward and start wrenching?

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did some more digging on this, and found the thread I was thinking of from a while back showing those bare-ass-naked seat mounting studs. First two pics are 2-door, third pic is 4-door. I think. (Ashley's original thread here.)

Ford Bronco Remove those back seats! 2021 Bronco parts wiring 1
Ford Bronco Remove those back seats! 2021 Bronco parts wiring 6
Ford Bronco Remove those back seats! 2021 Bronco parts wiring 2

Last edited:

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those were clearly taken with Stig's super high-resolution Spy Tater, so it's hard to make out any real details other than their height and placement. But looking closely at the 4-door pic, it almost looks like the studs might be threaded into the floor panel, as opposed to welded. Is… that a thing? If so, having the studs be removable would be ideal.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see that has likely been answered in the thread I linked. It's been a minute since I read through it, so I forgot about that.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also plan to remove the rear seats in my 2D. It’s a must for weekend camping / wheeling trips. I expect to take them out and put them back in frequently.
I don’t have the photo, will look, but I seam to remember seeing a pic of the 2D body being shipped somewhere and it had bolts sticking up from the floor. Like the studs were part of the body and the seats would be bolted down on them. Not sure. I’ll see if I can find the pic.

Edit: maybe I’m wrong. I can’t find the pic I was thinking of, but it was part of this discussion. Maybe there was a walk around vid / alternate thread like this one.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...pped-for-soft-top-and-supplier-fitting.10038/
I removed mine for my giant dogs. It was a very quick removal, but I noticed very quickly that I got an orange warning light on the dash I had not noticed before. I thought it was an airbag symbol, but then on my Ford app I noticed it was a "rear restraints" warning. I figured out that when the seat belt plugs are unplugged from the harness the computer gets angry...so my quick solution was to unbolt the seat belt receptacles themselves with the pigtails on them and I just plugged them back in...no more warning light. I will be building a platform that will be raised about 3/4 of an inch (out of 1/2 birch) and I can tuck the seat belt receptacles under that.
Sponsored