Sponsored

Cargo liner for those who remove 2nd row seats in 2 door??

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just realized for those who get 2 door Bronco... I cannot seem to find cargo liner that fits cargo area once the 2nd row seats are removed.

I don't have this problem with Jeep Wrangler. If someone has 2 door jeep wrangler and the 2nd row seats are removed, weathertech has cargo floor liner that fits behind FIRST ROW seats for people who got rid of the 2nd row seats. But I cannot find same thing for Bronco. For Bronco, weathertech only has cargo liner that fits behind SECOND ROW seats.

When I get a 2 door the very FIRST thing I am going to do is tear out the 2nd row seats. Do NOT want them, do not need them!!! But even though I am going to have rubberized flooring in Bronco I still want to place liner on top to protect floor. This is not debatable.

Screenshot (164).png
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I used a 4x6 roll of garage floor pad from lowes or home depot...works great after trimming to fit

20230723_211259.jpg

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

rubber mat for horse stall. Cut to fit. Really any large rubber mat you find at a hardware or farm supply store will work.

Quite a few threads on rear seat deletes to give you some ideas.

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just realized for those who get 2 door Bronco... I cannot seem to find cargo liner that fits cargo area once the 2nd row seats are removed.

I don't have this problem with Jeep Wrangler. If someone has 2 door jeep wrangler and the 2nd row seats are removed, weathertech has cargo floor liner that fits behind FIRST ROW seats for people who got rid of the 2nd row seats. But I cannot find same thing for Bronco. For Bronco, weathertech only has cargo liner that fits behind SECOND ROW seats.

When I get a 2 door the very FIRST thing I am going to do is tear out the 2nd row seats. Do NOT want them, do not need them!!! But even though I am going to have rubberized flooring in Bronco I still want to place liner on top to protect floor. This is not debatable.

Ford Bronco Cargo liner for those who remove 2nd row seats in 2 door?? IMG_3509
I took mine out recently. Compared to the 2dr jeep, the Bronco only been around for a couple years and 2drs still rare at this point. I'm going to install a deck with a couple of compartments over the 2nd row footwells for power storage, etc. Goosegear has options but $$$$$....

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No matter what route you end up going, you should email Weathertech and let them know there is demand for a similar option to Jeeps who have removed the second row of seats. Without customer feedback, they'll never consider it.

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I bought an exercise mat and cut to fit after removing my seats.

IMG_3509.jpeg
That's cool idea and I think it looks nicer than cut rubber mat....

It is a shame weathertech makes cargo liners to fit after FIRST ROW SEATS for Jeep Wrangler but they don't do the same for Bronco. I am not sure why. I am definitely emailing weathertech today to see if they have plans to make it etc. When I get 2 door you better believe I will be tearing out the 2nd row seats!

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rubber mat for horse stall. Cut to fit. Really any large rubber mat you find at a hardware or farm supply store will work.

Quite a few threads on rear seat deletes to give you some ideas.
So I just got one of these to put in front of my garage workbench, and its perfect. I had been also considering one on top of a plywood platform in my 2dr, but dear lord did it ever smell on the drive home.

TSC stores these things outside, but we had to drive the whole way home with the windows down (it was rolled up in the back of the bronco). It doesn't seem to smell in the larger volume of my garage, but I just don't know how long it would take to lose any objectionable smell to use as a Bronco mat.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jeep (as I recall) made the rear seats easily removable. They just pop out (or at least they used to, haven't owned a Jeep in several years). Whereas Ford really doesn't want you to take the seats out, and has stupid studs and other miscellaneous hardware everywhere after you take out the seats.

I think most folks are building a short platform (due to the studs and stuff) and using carpet. If you wanted something more weatherproof, I'd cut a rubber horse mat (like you get for a horse stall).

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I just got one of these to put in front of my garage workbench, and its perfect. I had been also considering one on top of a plywood platform in my 2dr, but dear lord did it ever smell on the drive home.

TSC stores these things outside, but we had to drive the whole way home with the windows down (it was rolled up in the back of the bronco). It doesn't seem to smell in the larger volume of my garage, but I just don't know how long it would take to lose any objectionable smell to use as a Bronco mat.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing that... it certainly looks much nicer than a plain rubber mat cut to size.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeep (as I recall) made the rear seats easily removable. They just pop out (or at least they used to, haven't owned a Jeep in several years). Whereas Ford really doesn't want you to take the seats out, and has stupid studs and other miscellaneous hardware everywhere after you take out the seats.

I think most folks are building a short platform (due to the studs and stuff) and using carpet. If you wanted something more weatherproof, I'd cut a rubber horse mat (like you get for a horse stall).

That sucks! I did not realize that with Bronco as I have never seen what the floor looks like with the 2nd row seats removed in 2 door Bronco.

I just emailed weathertech to see if they have any plans on making cargo liner for Bronco that fits behind the FIRST ROW SEATS. I will post in this thread their response when they get back to me....

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
weathertech just replied... I pasted their response below. Sadly they don't have it right now and probably never will because of low demand. I don't understad why anyone would want the 2nd row seats if they get a 2 door. The FIRST thing I am going to do is tear it out!!!

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for Contacting WeatherTech.

Unfortunately, we do not have high demand for that part and hence have not made it for Bronco.

But alternately I could suggest you an All Purpose mat - 48*48 Rectangle
https://www.weathertech.com/all-purpose-mat/

Also you can opt in for the new product update, so when we have that part available, we will notify you.
https://www.weathertech.com/service/product-updates/

If there is anything else you need help with, please let us know.

Kindest Regards,
Sonali D
Customer Service Representative
T: (800)-441-6287 Extn - 7654

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, mine had a smell at first, but I installed it in the summer with the top off. By the time I put the top on I didn’t notice any smell. Might be overpowering in the summer with top on at first.
Sponsored