First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am hoping to remove the back seats entirely and use the footwell part for an electric SBR mount and some other personal items I never leave home without. Planning on a slightly raised plat form about two inches higher than stock with piano hinge making it three sections. Gotta get a Bronco in my hands though to see what it’s going to take.
For carrying anything, uh, valuable, I'd go with the safe insert for the console or the safe insert for the rear cubby (especially in CA for any CCW holders because if a tool is not secured that won't go well). The Goose Gear option is the cleanest one out there, but if you want to make your own note that you should go with 3/4 by 1.5 inch rectangular aluminum or steel stock to address the studs that come up out of the floor. I drilled both side of the stock, large enough on one side to fit the bolts/studs through and on the other side to fit the nuts/bolt heads through so I could bolt them to the floor. By bolting those to the floor, I had something to mount the 1/2 hickory platform to...and now the end of the studs are flush to the surface of the platform. The platform is now 3/4 of an inch higher than the seat mounting area, and flush with the rear flip up panel. I used a piano hinge to add a rear flip up part of my platform. If you want to add a flip up front section, you will need vertical supports from the base of the rear footwells...and nothing under your forward section of the platform will be secure because someone can just slide the seats forward and reach underneath (unless you add a vertical panel from the floor to the platform). Totally doable but unless you have a lot of woodworking equipment it probably won't be as clean as the Goose Gear setup. Cheaper, though!
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone with a 2 door Bronco live in SoCal? I bought a Goose Gear seat delete kit that is supposed to arrive in the next few weeks, and if anyone local wants the platform I built they can have it...it works great. I got the GG one because it is more refined than mine, but in hindsight I could have saved 1000 and kept my more primitive setup. It bolts right in and retains factory nuts and bolts.

A55_CACTUS

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fv cars
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Back seats are wack

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you want it let me know you are first responder
I won't be able to pick it up til after christmas. So if you have an immediate taker I say go for it. If it's still around later I'd be interested.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Legend says 2 bolts, easy.
Legend said the seat BOTTOMS are held in with two bolts and come out easy. I've seen pics that confirm this. The backs on the other hand, not as easy.🙁

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Legend said the seat BOTTOMS are held in with two bolts and come out easy. I've seen pics that confirm this. The backs on the other hand, not as easy.🙁
The backs and bottoms come out in less than 10 minutes...no surprises and totally reversible. You just need to remove the seatbelt receivers and make sure they remain plugged in.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I won't be able to pick it up til after christmas. So if you have an immediate taker I say go for it. If it's still around later I'd be interested.
I won't be receiving my GG until then, most likely, so no hurry...I will save the platform for you if you want.
Sponsored