Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I removed mine for my giant dogs. It was a very quick removal, but I noticed very quickly that I got an orange warning light on the dash I had not noticed before. I thought it was an airbag symbol, but then on my Ford app I noticed it was a "rear restraints" warning. I figured out that when the seat belt plugs are unplugged from the harness the computer gets angry...so my quick solution was to unbolt the seat belt receptacles themselves with the pigtails on them and I just plugged them back in...no more warning light. I will be building a platform that will be raised about 3/4 of an inch (out of 1/2 birch) and I can tuck the seat belt receptacles under that.
Thanks I appreciate the reply. As I donā€™t (clearly) have a Bronco itā€™s impossible for me to fully understand, Iā€™m visual. Anyway, good info thanks.
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks I appreciate the reply. As I donā€™t (clearly) have a Bronco itā€™s impossible for me to fully understand, Iā€™m visual. Anyway, good info thanks.
I will post pics as I build the platform...it will need to support about 400 pounds distributed across about 53x49 inches. The Bronco 2 door is pretty flat when the seats are out but there is a space that slopes downward towards the front seats. I need all the length I can get for dog space so the flat platform extends the usable overall room to work with. I need to have a separate hinged section so I can get to the jack and to the cubby.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I figured out that when the seat belt plugs are unplugged from the harness the computer gets angry...so my quick solution was to unbolt the seat belt receptacles themselves with the pigtails on them and I just plugged them back in...no more warning light.
Solid gold, man! Thanks!

That bolt is a major pain to get to, any suggestions?

Ford Bronco Remove those back seats! 501FE5BF-EC03-42A3-B1E6-9A5AFAE3EDFF
Ford Bronco Remove those back seats! 31AF6A7C-BE01-4B0B-89D3-FDCF860771A8

Last edited:

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why "cant" you have back seats?

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Solid gold, man! Thanks!

That bolt is a major pain to get to, any suggestions?

Ford Bronco Remove those back seats! 20210511_221859
Ford Bronco Remove those back seats! 20210511_221859
Yes remove those flat head plastic plugs...just the two at the front (one is on the side in front) and you can then pull the cover back enough to get the torx bolt out. I used a pair of diagonals but squeezed just enough to grab the plastic shaft without cutting through it.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought of that and even had a 4-door JK but I like the appearance of the 2 door more...I have a twistep for the hitch and load my hounds like cattle in from the back. Easier than through a side door and plenty of room with the seat out.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will post pics as I build the platform...
Would love to see how this went when you have a chance; any lessons learned, cool ideas or tricks, pics of how the dogs fit now...

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would love to see how this went when you have a chance; any lessons learned, cool ideas or tricks, pics of how the dogs fit now...
All done! Lesson 1...you need to take the seatbelt pieces off the seats that the wires go to so the warning light doesn't stay on the dash (and send messages to your Ford App). Some folks will recommend resistors or diodes or paperclips in the plugs on the harness side, but it takes like 10 minutes to just remove the seat belts receivers and just reconnect the harness and to lay the parts under the platform. Lesson 2...1/2 birch is nicer than plywood or particle board and it comes in a 5x5 sheet (less waste). Lesson 3: Christmas wrapping paper makes a great template...if you get the right kind it has grids on the back. Lesson 4: I made my platform in two pieces so I could add a piano type hinge to have the rear 1/3 or so fold up to access my jack/rear cubby. Lesson 5: Overstock sells yoga mats in 6x5 and that makes a great topper for the platform. Lesson 6: I used 3/4 x 1.5 inch rectangle aluminum stock with holes drilled in them so I could address the studs sticking out of the floor...so the platform blots to the top of those channels, and those channels are bolted to the floor using the original bolts and studs.
20211023_143623.jpg
Then I used 2x3 upright studs behind the front seats to support the front of the platform. Everything is removable and nothing was altered in the Bronco. Now two Mastiffs and a Frenchie fit in the back...and I use a Twistep in the receiver hitch I bought on etrailer (they price match and beat by 10%...so the hitch cost 112 dollars and free shipping).

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 2-door seat bottoms flip forward, and the rear section folds flat.

The 4-door seat bottoms collapse down and the rear sear folds flat on top and the whole mess pancakes into the footwell.
It's a thing where you just fold the seats down and make a platform with a little 2" inch step to go over the folded seats. I'm planing one that has a sliding tailgate section. I might be complexifying the whole thing, or it will be just what.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a thing where you just fold the seats down and make a platform with a little 2" inch step to go over the folded seats. I'm planing one that has a sliding tailgate section. I might be complexifying the whole thing, or it will be just what.
I needed the extra space all the way up to the base of the front seats...by using that, I get about 52 inches or so overall length, which made the 2 door Bronco longer inside than my LJ.

B-Rad

First Edition
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco 1978 Bronco 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My big hangup with just leaving the seats folded down where the headrest got in the way of being able to plug in anything in the 120 V or 12 V plugs in the back of the center console and you also couldnā€™t slide or recline the front seats very well. Itā€™s also way easier to get stuff in and out of the back through the side doors without the back seats folded up. You canā€™t even tell the seatbelt buckles are under the carpet when you plug them back in. Also, the torx plus bit for the seatbelts is in your bronco toolkit if you canā€™t find one.šŸ˜‰

Ford Bronco Remove those back seats! 290336D0-CA47-4F5D-9902-707D8A104521

Ford Bronco Remove those back seats! 6EE5440D-564C-444F-AA31-FB9E21B92486

Ford Bronco Remove those back seats! 0067EB6E-613A-4EEE-A608-28A6B54CA4F2

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am hoping to remove the back seats entirely and use the footwell part for an electric SBR mount and some other personal items I never leave home without. Planning on a slightly raised plat form about two inches higher than stock with piano hinge making it three sections. Gotta get a Bronco in my hands though to see what itā€™s going to take.
Sponsored