First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was laying awake in bed last night trying to fall asleep and an idea popped jnto my head…

I have a 2023 2-dr Badlands and LOVE it!!! I also have a 2006 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (the longer 2-dr that Jeep made in 04-06 prior to building the 4-dr Wrangler). These 2 vehicles are actually quite similar, very much so in the room between the backs of the front seats and the tailgate. The biggest difference between the vehicles in this area is that the Jeep rear seats can be removed in seconds. I’ve seen lots of threads by those who have removed their rear seats and put down fully flat floors and I’m leaning in that direction.

My question is this: Has anyone bolted the floor rails from a Wrangler to their new flat floor in their Bronco so they could install a Jeep rear seat? I haven’t gone the next step and actually measured the width of the Wrangler seat and the storage area in the Bronco. I’m just curious if anyone else has had the same crazy idea.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Be prepared for the haters. :LOL:

Ford Bronco Removable rear seats in 2-door 8glpwp

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It actually would be awesome if the rear seats were easy to remove and reinstall as needed. Sounds like an interesting upgrade.

titleDISC

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be all over a kit that would allow for the easy removal and re-installation of the rear seats. 2 door especially, but I bet 4 door folks would appreciate the idea as well in some cases. Good idea!

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

George,
I also have an LJ in my garage and also removed its back seat. I now have two 2-doors that only seat two. Your idea isn't crazy, its just one I hadn't thought of yet! :unsure:

My question is this: Has anyone bolted the floor rails from a Wrangler to their new flat floor in their Bronco so they could install a Jeep rear seat? I haven’t gone the next step and actually measured the width of the Wrangler seat and the storage area in the Bronco. I’m just curious if anyone else has had the same crazy idea.

Thoughts?

Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I removed the rear seats from my 2-door. I love it. I throw all kinds of things back there. Had an outboard motor back there leaking gas and oil most of last summer. No fancy $1,200 seat delete kit for me. Just a wrench and 10 minutes later my seat was out and I threw a $37 dollar rubber horse stall mat down and called it good.

if for some reason I ever wanted a back seat again, I bet in 10 minutes I would have it back looking factory again. Installing Jeep seats sounds wildly complicated compared to just putting the stock seats back in.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a 2016 Wrangler 2-door. Although I did take out the back seats I thought their mechanism for keeping the seat in and folding it up was kind of "1960s", as the seat DID NOT lie flat when not in use,, and took up a lot of room (like about 1 foot in depth)... if you kept the seats in.

I'd vote for the "leaving the Bronco seats in (and lying fairly flat), or just wrenching them out. The Jeep back-seat method in 2016 is not a good solution. That was what I was comparing. Maybe the 2004-2006 methodology was better.

Trouble with taking rear seat out... you gotta have the storage room (which I don't).

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fold and tumble rear seats are nice. However, one thing I do prefer about the Bronco is that you can put one seat in. We have one granddaughter and I put in the one seat for her and we still have the extra room for the dogs or any other cargo we have.
Sponsored