peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Waiting on mine to arrive but wondering if the rear head rests are removable - thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

sorry i posted in the wrong forum! anyone know the answer? thanks

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is no quick removal. You can take a sawzall or remove the back of the seat and gain access to the internals and remove them.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There is no quick removal. You can take a sawzall or remove the back of the seat and gain access to the internals and remove them.
That's just wrong, they come off in about 5 seconds.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Really? Can you show how on the 2-dr? @peterh has always been in the 2-dr gang as he has been adamant to remain true to the heritage build style.
Hmm, it seems hard to believe they would be removable on the 4 door but not the 2 door. Then again, it wouldn't be the strangest decision ford has made with the Bronco.

Mine come off like any other headrest. You push the button and pull them out.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmm, it seems hard to believe they would be removable on the 4 door but not the 2 door. Then again, it wouldn't be the strangest decision ford has made with the Bronco.

Mine come off like any other headrest. You push the button and pull them out.

I was responding specifically to @peterh - many of us 2-dr owners are entrenched in the purist body style and he enthusiastically wants to take it one step further with having a Base MIC with no tint on the windows. He and I are also in the minority of wanting rear window sliders for the MIC clam shell.

Yes, there are many variances between the 2/4 door body styles. The rear headrests are just one of them. They can be removed, you just have to disassemble the seat back.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really? Can you show how on the 2-dr? @peterh has always been in the 2-dr gang as he has been adamant to remain true to the heritage build style.
Mine just flip down? Yeah, different than the OP's request to *remove* them but still pretty simple.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine just flip down? Yeah, different than the OP's request to *remove* them but still pretty simple.
Correct. They flip down to gain visibility with the seat back upright or to accommodate the seat folded down. If someone wants to remove them (on the 2-dr), they need to disassemble the seat back as there are retainers that prevents them from sliding out.

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

jumping on this... can the front head rests be removed easily? Maybe I should just go check, but i figured id ask. thanks!

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I installed the Mabett seat covers on our 2 door and the covers are designed to be installed without the removal of the headrest. This should be an indication they are not easily removable by the user.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I get the desire for a retro look, but sacrificing the safety of anyone sitting in the back seems like a bad idea to me.

OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks all, I hear you about safety and was not looking to permanently remove them. I would keep them in the vehicle. My concern was to improve visibility. In my jeeps I have left the rear seats down for years so the headrests being removable was not an issue. But in this case I am having PRP do off white vinyl with a black/white houndstooth middle on the front seats. Question is whether I should do the back as well. If the headrests were not removable and I was going to have to run with the back seats folded, I would forego doing them because it would be a waste - all people would see is rear seats folded, making half the rear white vinyl and the other half black carpet. BUT, since the headrests fold back, I will likely do the rear seats, keep them upright and tether the headrests back - should enhance the look overall and give me visibility at the same time.
Long winded response I know - special thanks to BeachBum and thanks for noticing my vision, which you share as well!
Sponsored