Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm a big fan of the old school Bronco look, with the spare tire mounted inside. I have on order a Base 2dr (2.3L, 7spd manual, aux switches), and I plan to swap 235/85r16 tires (32" tall and skinny).

I'd like to eventually remove the rear seats, build a flat platform and mount the spare inside. Then have the rear tailgate modified:
  • shorten existing hinges since they don't have to bear the weight of the spare tire
  • fill all holes
  • flatten hump from spare tire
you could mount the camera pretty easily above the plate and have a super clean look. Pardon my crappy photoshop :p

Ford Bronco Render: tailgate with spare tire delete tailgat
Ford Bronco Render: tailgate with spare tire delete tailgate_render

using existing mounting hardware (apart from shortening the external hinge), it should be fairly straight forward body-work wise...

Ford Bronco Render: tailgate with spare tire delete Ford-Bronco-1966-1024-6e

Ford Bronco Render: tailgate with spare tire delete Ford-Bronco-1966-1024-32

c'mon aftermarket - make this happen!
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you are going through that much effort, why not also create an actual drop-down tailgate? LACustoms has a sweet tailgate they offer with their resto-mods on EBs where the tailgate has quilted leather seats and cup-holders.

OP
OP
lindertw

lindertw

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You must be part of the white top crowd. Hell, let's take out fuel injection and run carburetors.

:)
lol - I'm all for fuel injection, and not a fan of the white top. That's the beauty of these things - like adult legos we can build what we want.

OP
OP
lindertw

lindertw

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you are going through that much effort, why not also create an actual drop-down tailgate? LACustoms has a sweet tailgate they offer with their resto-mods on EBs where the tailgate has quilted leather seats and cup-holders.
if they have a drop-down variant made for the new bronco I'd consider it. I wasn't aware any were out there (yet), and figured this would be a relatively simple bit of body work with the existing parts. <shrug>

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I THINK I'd prefer a truck tailgate and interior mounted spare too, but with 35's it might block a good amount of view even if mounted like the Cherokee's spare, not to mention the room it would take up.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You must be part of the white top crowd. Hell, let's take out fuel injection and run carburetors.

:)
Man haven't you figured it out by now? Half this forum doesn't actually want a new Bronco. They just want an old one but with the ability to say "I bought the new Bronco." 😂

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man haven't you figured it out by now? Half this forum doesn't actually want a new Bronco. They just want an old one but with the ability to say "I bought the new Bronco." 😂
Just half?
Sponsored