Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Happy to see you found a fix LB. Good ol' American ingenuity wins again.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Received the replacements today, only to discover they are too large. Apparently “1 inch” means the strap size, not the total width of the buckle. Item description doesn’t explain that. Will have to return them and pay $5.99 to do so.

Evidently, I need a 0.75”. I’m going to look at Dick’s locally before ordering online. This is why I dislike ordering anything by mail. And the return options besides take it to an REI store (there isn’t one here) require driving to the post office.

File in “People who already have a Bronco problems.”

Ford Bronco Repair in Progress: Plastic Soft Top Window Buckles D6CCEC7B-EF42-4B80-BF05-AF5735B66C51

Last edited:

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can easily reach the passenger side from the driver seat top - FYI.

I’ve been messing with tightening the straps on the bottom/male buckle to alleviate some wave. Right now I just have a few butt connectors pulling the strap tighter. Makes a significant difference. I am not sure why they left so much slack…thinking changes in weather?
I saw someone else say they used butt connectors. How did you do this? Photos? Thanks!

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update: I finally got the right SIZE male pieces, but I have a problem that has put my repair effort on pause.

Here is what the factory male piece looks like. Note that the middle section of the center tyne is empty.

Ford Bronco Repair in Progress: Plastic Soft Top Window Buckles IMG-2395

Here is the replacement piece. The center is solid. Thus, it will not slide into the female piece, which has a little center in it.

Ford Bronco Repair in Progress: Plastic Soft Top Window Buckles IMG-2396

I cannot find any other male piece options online that are empty in the middle and also have a way to put them on like this one does (with the screw) without cutting and sewing.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update: I finally got the right SIZE male pieces, but I have a problem that has put my repair effort on pause.

Here is what the factory male piece looks like. Note that the middle section of the center tyne is empty.

Here is the replacement piece. The center is solid. Thus, it will not slide into the female piece, which has a little center in it.

I cannot find any other male piece options online that are empty in the middle and also have a way to put them on like this one does (with the screw) without cutting and sewing.

Any suggestions?
Dremel?

bodie_38

First Name
Bodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ELR, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Use your choice of tool to cut/sand/file a slot in the replacement piece so it will fit. A dremel tool is one way to do it. I would use a band saw or a table saw - depends what you have available but watch your fingers!

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't have saws, and they might destroy this thing. Don't have a Dremel either. I'm leaning toward filing it. It doesn't have to be cleared out all the way down, only about 3/4.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone ought to be 3D printing these, and shit.

leaderjoe

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Explorer, Mustang, Volvo C30, and Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a clip break on me. Crazy brittle and defective from my perspective. I have appt for dealer next week but wanted to see if I could have a temporary fix.

I went to REI and bought the Sea To Summit field repair side release clasp. I tried both .75 and 1” and neither work.

Even after modding the center, it would not go in. The .75 male buckle is still too large overall to fit into the female part on top. But this type of buckle is exactly the type that Ford needs to provide dealers.

It is insane to have these connectors without easy replacement option. Still looking for a solution. Anyone else out there with broken connector(s)?

Sponsored

leaderjoe

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Explorer, Mustang, Volvo C30, and Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I found a near identical match at hobby lobby - fits a little bit more snug but does clip in place.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-H...arachute-Cord-Signal-Whistle-Buckles/p/114398

I had a clip break on me. Crazy brittle and defective from my perspective. I have appt for dealer next week but wanted to see if I could have a temporary fix.

I went to REI and bought the Sea To Summit field repair side release clasp. I tried both .75 and 1” and neither work.

Even after modding the center, it would not go in. The .75 male buckle is still too large overall to fit into the female part on top. But this type of buckle is exactly the type that Ford needs to provide dealers.

It is insane to have these connectors without easy replacement option. Still looking for a solution. Anyone else out there with broken connector(s)?

Bronco Clay

Outer Banks
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same issue. The markings on the clip on mine indicate it is made by ITW Nexus Global. Here is what I pulled from the company web site so worth a shot to see if you can order and replace. Looks the same. Does not address the stich issue but work on that next.

36FFE90A-59C9-4863-8522-B67370917E8D.png

1dayi'llhaveabronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone find the buckles online? One of mine broke as well.

Bmerrion1391

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone had any luck finding a place to order the ITW Nexus replacements? I do not have a problem, rather I would like to make a hanging storage rack in my garage to hand the windows when i have them off.

BrocoMass

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know this thread is a little old. I am in the same bind with two broken buckles on my soft top windows. But I bought these 5/8 2 pin Sea to Summit buckles from Bass Pro Shop and used a compact hack saw and was able to file down the middle park of the clip and it fits into the female piece of the window!!! It’s not pretty but it works!!!
Ford Bronco Repair in Progress: Plastic Soft Top Window Buckles C75E50A7-AFF2-4809-A39C-B40E82CBEF0F
Sponsored