Sponsored

Reservation Under Wife's Name, Not mine - Anyone experiencing this?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Registration can be:

Your name
Her name
Yours AND Hers
Yours OR Hers

If it's AND both of you have to sign the title to sell.
If it's OR either of you can sell it.

If it's in Her name, then when you blow through a photo-radar speed trap, they send the ticket to her. It's been useful to have my wife's car registered only in my name. When she gets a photo ticket I just send a photo copy of my license in and say "wasn't me".

As for using the Dealer's financing. You can refinance at any time. Generally the Dealer gets a kickpack, which is why they push their financing. If you refi within 6 months they lose the kickback.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it's in Her name, then when you blow through a photo-radar speed trap, they send the ticket to her. It's been useful to have my wife's car registered only in my name. When she gets a photo ticket I just send a photo copy of my license in and say "wasn't me".
Wait, that works? That is fucking brilliant. Totally doing that.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Crazy.

Anywhere I lived it doesn't matter. The ticket goes to the plate... Not to the driver.

Do you have demerits (or equivalent) with photo radar?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Crazy.

Anywhere I lived it doesn't matter. The ticket goes to the plate... Not to the driver.

Do you have demerits (or equivalent) with photo radar?
In the US, the constitution prevents a Bill of Attainder. So, a ticket has to charge a person. They look at the registration and send the ticket to whoever owns the car. If it's in a couple's name, they look at the photo and pick the one that matches the gender of the photo.

They will ask you to disclose who was driving if it's not you, but it's not my job to do their job for them... Plus I have a 5th amendment right not to testify against my wife.

Berggie

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally off topic but
MAN UP AND PAY YOUR FINES don't hide behind loopholes! You may kill someone running lights or speeding!
Sponsored