First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone had this done on their bronco? Essentially it’s a clear coat protection for your vehicle to protect from fading and other weather damage.

I’m wondering if I should do this and if it’s worth it..
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am looking at possibly trying the undercoating. searched for resistall on here and your post is the only thing thats popped up. Im planning on having fun dipping my car every year or so, so paint protection isnt on my radar. Also, badlands with MGV seats has a rubberized washout interior (most of it) so no need for interior "protection" either. Whats going to be impressive is if they really do let you reup that 7 year warranty if you reapply the coating again (7 years later). Waxoil is about $200 and $150 a year after that (lets see if that doesnt get affected by inflation).

When it comes to paint protection, id rather go with ceramic clear coating instead of the resistall chemical cocktail.

BD6G

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

This came on my wife’s Subaru both exterior and interior. To be honest it has worked well with water beading and sheeting off. The thing I don’t like about it is you have to use their products on it for maintenance or you can/will avoid the warranty of the install. I do not like their maintenance products the soap does not foam and isn’t very lubricating and the follow on products in my opinion as someone who has detailed cars for a very long time are not up to par with a lot of other brands out there.

OP
OP
KidBroSweets

KidBroSweets

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This came on my wife’s Subaru both exterior and interior. To be honest it has worked well with water beading and sheeting off. The thing I don’t like about it is you have to use their products on it for maintenance or you can/will avoid the warranty of the install. I do not like their maintenance products the soap does not foam and isn’t very lubricating and the follow on products in my opinion as someone who has detailed cars for a very long time are not up to par with a lot of other brands out there.
I kinda already paid for it as I baked it into my monthly payments thinking it was a good idea. Should I not even do it? I can try to fight for the money back.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am looking at possibly trying the undercoating. searched for resistall on here and your post is the only thing thats popped up. Im planning on having fun dipping my car every year or so, so paint protection isnt on my radar. Also, badlands with MGV seats has a rubberized washout interior (most of it) so no need for interior "protection" either. Whats going to be impressive is if they really do let you reup that 7 year warranty if you reapply the coating again (7 years later). Waxoil is about $200 and $150 a year after that (lets see if that doesnt get affected by inflation).

When it comes to paint protection, id rather go with ceramic clear coating instead of the resistall chemical cocktail.
I did the fluid film undercoating @ Kings Auto in Reading, PA. it was $360 bucks and I can take it in once a year for touch ups or just buy a couple of cans and do my self. Not sure about locations up there in Potter/Tioga counties but they do have a shop locator on website

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/group-posts/7129/#js-comment-47227

https://www.fluid-film.com/undercoating-locator/

Sponsored

BD6G

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I kinda already paid for it as I baked it into my monthly payments thinking it was a good idea. Should I not even do it? I can try to fight for the money back.
I think overall the initial coating is doing as advertised for the water characteristics of the glass and paint. The interior leather and carpet protection I can’t really say as our son is older and we don’t have the risk of younger kid messes. We do haul the dogs in there occasionally but that’s mostly just a cleanup of hair. I did a lot of research following the application as I had never heard of it prior and the claim was 7 year’s protection I believe.

Then I got to the fine print in the paperwork provided from the company. That’s where I read all of the must use resist all products or could void the warranty. I asked the dealership about this when I went to pick up the first supply kit that was supposed to come with the vehicle after application.

I asked because my wife uses a touch less during the winter months to clean the massive amount of road salt and brine. Those can have a harsher chemical and I didn’t want that to void the “warranty”. The dealership stated it wouldn’t but this is outsourced out from the dealership they don’t apply it in house.

The resistall customer care kit that has the maintenance products in it I’m not impressed with. There is a lot better products out there on the market. I still use that kit on her car both exterior and interior due to the “warranty” piece. When my wife used them when she washed her car she also was not impressed with them especially the soap.

Sorry for the long text, just giving you a small amount of insight in our experience. If you need more info I’ll try and help and narrow it down where I can from our experience.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the fluid film undercoating @ Kings Auto in Reading, PA. it was $360 bucks and I can take it in once a year for touch ups or just buy a couple of cans and do my self. Not sure about locations up there in Potter/Tioga counties but they do have a shop locator on website

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/group-posts/7129/#js-comment-47227

https://www.fluid-film.com/undercoating-locator/
https://www.steelcityundercoating.com/pricing will do it for $200 and touch ups for $150. Since i am going to be driving it off road a bit, through mud water and snow, i am worried that the investment will wash off. The more permanent types like resistall undercoating are becoming more attractive to me
Sponsored