Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ran a trail this past weekend and came home with a bunch of trail rash. Is there anything reasonably priced and effective that can be used to protect the paint? I have seen some magnetic panels for jeeps, but the bronco doors are aluminum.
Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wear your pinstripes with pride! 😁

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe I’m in the minority but I was stoked when we came home w/ our first trail rash after building up our WT. Doesn’t look like such a pavement queen on meet-ups anymore plus they’re fond memories of good family times

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does PPF really protect? I mean its just thin vinyl...seems like it would tear much easier than the paint would scratch.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does PPF really protect? I mean its just thin vinyl...seems like it would tear much easier than the paint would scratch.
PPF isn’t going to protect any real off-road rash IMO

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been on the fence about this. PPF can be quite expensive when done well.
I plan to keep this car for a very long time, and also plan to use it as intended.
I'm sure PPF has come a long way, but I remember the old 3M clear bra's on cars, over time, would just end up looking like shit as they aged. And then, to remove, they were a real pain in the ass.
While I would like to protect the paint, I can't help wonder: "but at what cost?"
Spend $5k now and have a temporary solution? Or just say F it, and down the road if it really bothers me and the paint looks awful, just spend that $5k on a re-spray?
But again, for what? only to get it all scratched up again? lol
PPF is definitely the way to go, but I just don't think it is the way I want to go...
But having said that, I definitely think the matte Xpel wrap is pretty neat.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I plan to keep this car for a very long time, and also plan to use it as intended.
I'm sure PPF has come a long way, but I remember the old 3M clear bra's on cars, over time, would just end up looking like shit as they aged. And then, to remove, they were a real pain in the ass.
While I would like to protect the paint, I can't help wonder: "but at what cost?"
Spend $5k now and have a temporary solution? Or just say F it, and down the road if it really bothers me and the paint looks awful, just spend that $5k on a re-spray?
PPF is definitely the way to go, but I just don't think it is the way I want to go...
I'm kind of along the same lines. Why cover up a perfectly good paint job now. Might as well wait for a while, and at some point if it gets bad enough then wrap the entire Bronco (or pay to have it repainted).

However with that said, the idea of running my Broncos through some of the places I ran my Wrangler does make me squeamish :)

Even now, what I'm watching some of the folks on YouTube and you can just hear nails on the chalkboard as they go on these trails... I cringe.

Think I'll move somewhere like Utah where I'm away from the forest and out in the open :)

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We all gotta pay to play. You can accept some rash for the memories, or garage it and enjoy your precious perfect toy truck.
Trail rash is a mark of choice and privilege, and good times.

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
PPF works for Trail pinstripes. Xpel has a new 10mil thick one for off road vehicles. It is not cheap, but it is working for all the branches that have run down the side of my Bronco.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

PPF works for Trail pinstripes. Xpel has a new 10mil thick one for off road vehicles. It is not cheap, but it is working for all the branches that have run down the side of my Bronco.
10mm? That's thick.... Definitely could see that working!

Broncojbl

Wildtrak
First Name
JBL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW Clubman, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just having this very same discussion with myself (and now you and other forum folks) about this, including the matte wrap.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My brother loves this stuff, but man! It's like $5k. Decisions, decisions.
Sponsored