Sponsored

Temporary paint protection film / tape for Bronco hood (for road trip)?

DW HOG

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know of any temporary paint film out there that you can put on the front of the Bronco hood for a road trip. I’m heading from Ohio to the Black Hills and would like a little road protection for my hood. Want something that after 10 days I can just pull it off and wash the hood without major adhesive clean up. Just don’t want to mess up my paint. Thanks
Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i've seen people use masking tape for this. there's automotive paint specific masking tape you can get

Visitor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Midwest
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much do you want to spend, and how much do you care what it looks like?

Blue painters tape is the cheapest, easiest option. Just slap some strips down, and it'll give you some protection. Of course, you're then going to have a bunch of blue tape on the front...

Track Armour is a near-transparent film intended to be temporary, for cars doing track days. It comes in strips, and it's not especially cheap. It should give you decent protection, but it can look rough if you don't take your time getting out the bubbles.

https://www.amazon.com/TrackArmour-TA6X100-6-100-Temporary-Protection/dp/B07F3DW4TQ/

I put a strip of (semi-permanent) PPF on the front of my hood. It's a little cheaper than the film above, but you can apply it wet and get all the bubbles out. I forget it's even there. You could just PPF the whole hood, but something like this would still help:

https://www.amazon.com/XPEL-R4003-P-Clear-Paint-Protection/dp/B0748QPJTP/

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check with local sign shop or sign supply. There may be a temp vinyl for window splashes etc. or paint mask that will work.

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know of any temporary paint film out there that you can put on the front of the Bronco hood for a road trip. I’m heading from Ohio to the Black Hills and would like a little road protection for my hood. Want something that after 10 days I can just pull it off and wash the hood without major adhesive clean up. Just don’t want to mess up my paint. Thanks
When we drove our Raptor back home 2600 miles we used automotive painters tape. We applied it generously, and once we took it off we washed the truck. No rock chips at all. We even went through a huge rainstorm and it held up fine. Just Make sure you bring some extra tape to patch up areas where the tape blew off.

(It looks like a race truck!!)

Ford Bronco Temporary paint protection film / tape for Bronco hood (for road trip)? 20200609_175259

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

9000 plus miles one winter, lots of highway use. Two paint chips.

image.jpg

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Honestly didn’t know this was a thing. You must’ve been getting a lot of strange looks for those 2600 miles lol
Definitely. Maybe that's why those semis got very close to us.......

TheJoshHarding

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone know the maker of that matte plastic piece posted above?

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If anyone is looking to do this, I'm just going to say that my bronco paint chips just by me looking at it lol thinnest paint I've ever seen. Luckily it's an off road SUV so I like the character the chips add:cool:
Sponsored