Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Why is that guy peeing on the bushes? And yes these white topped Jeeps :sick:
Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s what he thinks of the color combination! Piss on it!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I dont get the love for a white top. Yeah the classics had them but that doesn't always translate to looking good today.

Vinyl roofs on muscle cars looked great back in the day but I don't see anyone beating down the door for a vinyl roof option now

goog67

Base
First Name
todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 f250 4x4 hiboy 2009 Nissan Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Base
1971 grabber green with white based loosely on the 60's Ford trucks paint schemes.
Ford Bronco Rethinking the white top... Grabber Gree

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
^ I guess that is why they say beauty is in the eye of the beer holder lol

Sponsored

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I dont get the love for a white top. Yeah the classics had them but that doesn't always translate to looking good today.
I don't get the love for a black top. It soaks up heat and looks like 90% of the Jeeps out there (plain and dull).

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't get the love for a black top. It soaks up heat and looks like 90% of the Jeeps out there (plain and dull).
Fair, I don't get it either but it looks better to me than white......if you want my honest opinion body color looks best lol

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ITS HIDEOUS BECAUSE IT HAS 4 DOORS. Its never gonna look right to the eye with 4 doors and a white top because we've been looking at 2 doors with white tops for 55 years now.
You are right until you are wrong. My first car was a ā€˜67 with a white top. Fast forward 35 years add a family of two more plus a working dog and another working dog in the next two years. Suddenly the four door looks awesome.

fzracer484

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
The two door version of this jeep looks much better in person. I agree it would look even better if the doors didn't have the full body color frame, but the 2 door still looks a lot better than the 4 door.
017_jeep_wrangler-pic-6236648154852976572-1024x768.jpg

I have been an unwavering white top guy due to my love of the original Bronco. Then I saw this jeep today. Absolutely hideous.

When I think about why I hate it vs the original Bronco, I think it comes down to all of the dark gray parts on todays vehicles, primarily bumpers (formerly white or chrome), mirrors (same), door handles (formerly chrome) and attached wheel fenders (non existent on original uncut Broncos). Placed in the context of all this dark gray plastic, the white top on the Jeep looks cartoonish not classic.

Given all of this, I am rethinking the white top. Instead, I may embrace the gray MIC top, as it pretty closely matches all these other gray parts. Key to me is that the paint color and all the dark gray trim and MIC top color complement each other. Safest play is probably Carbonized Gray. But I am leaning AMB. I saw it on an F150 in the Florida sun last week and it was just stunning. Yes dark, but rich in color, nice metallic flake and clearly blue in the sun. (Btw, no purple.) I can see AMB going well on a Sas Badlands with all that gray trim and Carbon Grey Fifteen 52 wheels.

Am I alone on this white top perspective?
Ford Bronco Rethinking the white top... 017_jeep_wrangler-pic-6236648154852976572-1024x768

ļæ¼
ļæ¼

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the only real deal we have to go off of but it looks awesome to me. Not really sure about the door handles but I will leave that up to others that want to try it. There is also that Rapid Red one that had the primer gray top that looked really good. I am taking mine right from the dealer to the vinyl shop and I am really hoping its not a $300 mistake. If it is, I can peel it off:p
Ford Bronco Rethinking the white top... Bronco-4dr-features-06

Sponsored

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Wanted to revisit this topic since Ford has released news of the Heritage edition with white tops and opinions on the 2DR vs. 4DR.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Recently saw a cactus gray with white hard top driving around. It looked really good.

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I do like the white top and it makes a lot of sense in the heat but if I ever do get my Heritage I am toying on swapping the white top for stock gray plus cash to make up some price difference over base...
Sponsored