Sponsored

Maybe Ford should offer a white top for the 2 door ONLY?

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
White top ain't happening any time soon. Let it go.
So..... you work withing the decision making group at Ford????
If not, You Don't Know the answer and you're just Speculating....... so, just let it go....
Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I find it a little disturbing and sad that on our beloved B6G a place for Bronco Enthusiasts, that there is open animosity against folks that want the traditional Bronco White Top.
If you are not interested, I understand that, but to openly post against someone’s desire for the traditional Bronco Roof color, add stupid ageism remarks, etc... is repugnant.

If you don’t want the white top, it looks like you’re in luck.

You do not need to act like a jerk, post condescending remarks, and fracture our community. These types of absurd internet/thread keyboard tactics is what turn people off and hurt our community. (Check our Wrangler forums if you don’t believe me.)

This just in, Bronco Enthusiasts is a small fraction of the automotive buying public...we should be celebrating and encouraging each other, future Bronco buyers, and the general public so that the Bronco has a long manufacturing run.

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So..... you work withing the decision making group at Ford????
If not, You Don't Know the answer and you're just Speculating....... so, just let it go....
I had a Ford engineer tell me specifically last Thursday that it wasn't happening in 2021 or 2022. So not speculation. But thanks for playing....

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe ford should only offer a four door...

With white top
Maybe ford should not offer any door Bronco for @Studawg for trying to keep the white top from us 4 dr future owners.

come on now, I’m just kidding ?

.....(not really) ?

.....sort of?

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I find it a little disturbing and sad that on our beloved B6G a place for Bronco Enthusiasts, that there is open animosity against folks that want the traditional Bronco White Top.....
But you think it’s ok for someone to suggest keeping a product away from any other Bronco enthusiast because the number if doors they choose is against there idea of what we should be driving?

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree. I’ll just leave this here as a reminder
7025B860-6FE1-4CA5-8668-0A5F3463045F.jpeg
Am I the only one who respects that Ford is trying to give us the top color that will eventually turn to anyways?!?? Thank you Ford from saving us from the faded black plastic look by giving it to us right off the lot. Now we don’t have to wait for that dreaded fade look to come anymore. /s ?

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But you think it’s ok for someone to suggest keeping a product away from any other Bronco enthusiast because the number if doors they choose is against there idea of what we should be driving?
No, I do not and I’m not sure why you think I am.
I was only addressing my concerns on the subject on this thread because of the comments it was generating.
I am in the minority here, because I am getting a 2 door Bronco. I love the design and performance demonstrated during testing at Moab of both Broncos.
But hey, you do you and everyone can keep acting like jackasses.

OP
OP
Studawg

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is that really how you interpreted it? That is not at all the reasoning behind my suggestion. I’m a four door guy myself and would like a white top. But if it’s a production or commodity issue preventing Fordfrom offering one, it would seem like making them for the 2 door first would make the most sense, because the top is smaller and less material, etc. As of right now, NOBODY is getting a white top so at least that would make some of us happy. From Fords perspective, if they can’t make enough tops for everyone, maybe they could supply enough modular tops to satisfy the smaller subset of the demand, the 2 door buyer, which it looks like will only make up a third. You follow me?

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A 2 door with a white top really harkens back to the original Broncos....
Pretty sure I’ve never used the word “harkens” in my entire life. Need to consider adding that to my vocabulary.

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It shouldn't be too difficult to make a white MIC top for the Bronco. I have a Coleman cooler with a nice white MIC top. Maybe Coleman can step up and make the tops.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Experiment with the 2dr to ensure the top will not be yellow in time. Might make MIC/Gray a winner especially if it fades to a nice white. I do want a 4dr WHITETOP.

deznut

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford is facing supply chain issues...they (Ford) don't build the tops...I believe this removable top design is something new to them (Ford) and the supplier is new to working with Ford...Ford may want to build the vehicles with one default design choice to keep the cost down and to build trust with the supplier...optional configurations and colors become a item in the accessory catalog...we're gonna have to order white tops thru the parts dept. at the dealer...or paint them at the body shop....long live the white top!

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All I ask is for Ford to give us straight answers . If they can’t do a white top- then just tell us why. Dont parade Broncos with white tops and say “ we’re listening” and then a week later change it to “ no white tops.
dont represent that matching body hardtop is available on the 2 door and then - opps - it is not available.
now for those who do not understand our love of white tops - just imagine if tomorrow ford said there would be no manual Broncos- just automatics. Well that’s how we feel.
Sponsored