First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F250 Platinum, 97 Porsche 993
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do you take the badges/pony off. It seems like an easy but potential fatal task. I’m feeling like it would break something. Any videos out there on how to remove safely so I don’t don’t, scratch, rip the paint off, break the decal?
It’s really simple, heat it up first with a heat gun or hair dryer, I have tools for wrapping cars, but just get a cheap plastic putty knife, heck even a fingernail will work on the badge. Peel up a corner and pull it right off. The pony can be taken off with dental floss, get the floss on the vehicle side of the foam tape and work it down. Wipe everything with a suitable adhesive remover, clean it with isopropyl alcohol before applying new badge.
Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice caliper paint job! I epoxy painted my 2013 Focus ST calipers red (this was before they came painted from the factory).

Who’s paint did you use?

OP
OP
DarkPony

DarkPony

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do the placing of these require you to remove your old badge or could I put them just under my black diamond Sasquatch badge opinions would be appreciated. They look really great bye the way I wonder if someone will make these in metal stick on the plastic looks great and will prob last longer
There isn’t enough room underneath the badge for it, you could swap them and put the SaS badge under it. Current badges comes off super easy.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There isn’t enough room underneath the badge for it, you could swap them and put the SaS badge under it. Current badges comes off super easy.
I just got an email from them they got new bronco badges in gloss back with grabber blue trim or active orange trim to match the interior colors they look sweet

OP
OP
DarkPony

DarkPony

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got an email from them they got new bronco badges in gloss back with grabber blue trim or active orange trim to match the interior colors they look sweet
Man… now you tell me!

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man… now you tell me!
Just got it not even an hour ago why did you already order some maybe you can swap out if you like the new ones better

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome. Just ordered a set. Also ordered the black pony for the back.
Where did you order?
This is where a lot of us got them, but it appears they are on back order with them now as well.

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m2dz-7842528-b.html
Yep I ordered from them 2 weeks ago. Tracker page says back order
Ah yes thanks. Was wondering how my carb grey Bronco would look with the badge and this is the best example I've seen

Orjeepguy

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Where did you order?

Yep I ordered from them 2 weeks ago. Tracker page says back order

Ah yes thanks. Was wondering how my carb grey Bronco would look with the badge and this is the best example I've seen
I googled the part number and ordered from the lowest cost ford dealer.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
It seems to me the factory badges would fit and look great under the Bronco badge. Is nobody doing this? EDIT: I just saw the pic a few post up. This looks perfect!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DarkPony

DarkPony

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It seems to me the factory badges would fit and look great under the Bronco badge. Is nobody doing this? I just saw the pic a few post up. This looks perfect!!
The factory badge would fit under it, it just gets too badgy for me, I like it clean.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s really simple, heat it up first with a heat gun or hair dryer, I have tools for wrapping cars, but just get a cheap plastic putty knife, heck even a fingernail will work on the badge. Peel up a corner and pull it right off. The pony can be taken off with dental floss, get the floss on the vehicle side of the foam tape and work it down. Wipe everything with a suitable adhesive remover, clean it with isopropyl alcohol before applying new badge.
Once removed with a hair dryer, can the existing badge be re-applied a few inches down? How? I want the look of my former full size Broncos, where the BRONCO name was over the model name, same as SCOUT did as well.

SmartSelect_20211115-224027_Google.jpg

SmartSelect_20211115-224423_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20211116-173248_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
DarkPony

DarkPony

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Once removed with a hair dryer, can the existing badge be re-applied a few inches down? How? I want the look of my former full size Broncos, where the BRONCO name was over the model name, same as SCOUT did as well.

Ford Bronco Retro Badge install Screenshot_20211116-173248_Gallery

Yes it can be reapplied after removal. Hit it with some heat before you reapply it so it can flatten out, it tends to stretch a bit from removal.

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do you guys think itll look like shit to have chrome heritage “bronco” badges with a black horse on the back?? I like the chrome so much better… maybe ill just swap out the rear black horse for a chrome horse as well … (lightening blue FE)

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you guys think itll look like shit to have chrome heritage “bronco” badges with a black horse on the back?? I like the chrome so much better… maybe ill just swap out the rear black horse for a chrome horse as well … (lightening blue FE)
They are on opposite ends of the truck, so I don’t know. I am swapping out my chrome bucking Bronco for a black one. It should be here any day. My black retro Bronco badge showed up today. I think it will look nice with cactus gray. Now, I think I am going to have to powder coat my alloy beauty rings black.
Sponsored