Sponsored

Returning to off-road world... Exhausts?

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am coming back from the muscle car world to the Off-road world. A Camaro to a challenger Shaker to a Bronco 2 dr. Now in a previous life I had a Jeep Wrangler and I never thought about exhaust. I got the exhausts on my muscle cars for sound and power, easier breathing engines are happy engines. Now, is their a mechanical reason to install on a off road vehicle? Other than sound which all the reason I need!
Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Higher clearance exhausts exist, if you are going wheelingā€¦. So far they basically just have a removed rear tip. Tucked higher at the back and no tip. Before that the exhaust is inside the frame rails and no clearance is gainedā€¦.

The bronco only has a muffler at the back, so there isnā€™t much restriction other than it being 2.5ā€ pipe

Full 3ā€ is available from some companies.

I pulled my muffler and added a turndown. It was cheap. Companies are selling muffler delete pipes for 500+ It sounds okish. Turbos are mufflers and 2.5 pipe with many bends is a muffler. Itā€™s not that obnoxious.

Focus RS research can reveal at what point the Down pipe is an issue for ballpark ideas on 2.3 application.

F150 2.7 tuning sites can reveal when the Down pipes on those restrict.

Downpipes are only an issue on a ā€œrace carā€. Unless you are going big turbo. Forget everything I said in the last bit.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any small power gain an exhaust change may offer is far out weighed by the obnoxious noise in the wilderness that has already closed many trails...

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Check out the AWE exhaust, off road. Looks like I'm going that way, getting tired of waiting on other brands...

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Iā€™m in the same boat. On my challenger it made sense. On the broncoā€¦. Not too sure.

Sponsored

bRONco66

Wildtrak
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022, 1971
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Higher clearance exhausts exist, if you are going wheelingā€¦. So far they basically just have a removed rear tip. Tucked higher at the back and no tip. Before that the exhaust is inside the frame rails and no clearance is gainedā€¦.

The bronco only has a muffler at the back, so there isnā€™t much restriction other than it being 2.5ā€ pipe

Full 3ā€ is available from some companies.

I pulled my muffler and added a turndown. It was cheap. Companies are selling muffler delete pipes for 500+ It sounds okish. Turbos are mufflers and 2.5 pipe with many bends is a muffler. Itā€™s not that obnoxious.

Focus RS research can reveal at what point the Down pipe is an issue for ballpark ideas on 2.3 application.

F150 2.7 tuning sites can reveal when the Down pipes on those restrict.

Downpipes are only an issue on a ā€œrace carā€. Unless you are going big turbo. Forget everything I said in the last bit.
What size was the turndown you used?

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

to be honest, no matter what you do, a 6 cylinder will always sound like a 6 cylinder.... there's better things to spend money on.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
AWE makes a really nice sounding setup with the bash guard pipe on it. So you get the sound and clearance with it. We ran this on our First Edition and it's legit! Let us know if there's anything we can help you with.
Sponsored