Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to think the same as you in 99% of the vehicles I see with a snorkel on it. But if you've looked at any of the threads that show the Broncos air breather after driving through a couple puddles you'll see that water gets in the air box extremely easy and warps the filter.... So in this case installing something, anything, they can help prevent water from getting to the air filter might desperately be needed.
Not even for water most desert rigs especially with Turbos run Snorkels to get the air intake up and away from all the dirt. That will be my primary use for a Snorkel, I had one on my Jeep and just like this I had to drill a hole through an area to mount it no big deal.
Sponsored

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just chatting with Ye about this, and clearance from that bar shouldn't be an issue, this photos is from our second design after moving the snorkel tube back a smidge:

IMG_6229-scaled-1.jpg

I'll grab measurements once we have the production sample in the shop and installed

-Nick
Are there any plans to get the design back flush with the windshield? I know the mirror makes that hard, but just about every snorkel ever made fits flush with the windshield and looks more natural. This just being honest looks out of place pushed that far forward and just kind of out in the middle of the fender.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i’m not a huge fan of logos either and to each his own, but many people want a logo to show it’s a certain or quality item, and you can’t fault a manufacturer for wanting to get credit for the items they manufacture.
That's why God invented decals. Wanna show off the logo? Cool by me. It's your rig - go meshugana!! Me? The only credit I want to give to a manufacturer is my cash. If they want more than that, they can pay to advertise like everybody else.

Look, it's one thing to have a small logo or manufacturer name stamped on the product somewhere (preferably, under the hood). It's a whole 'nother can of tuna to have HUGE embossed lettering running down the entire side of thing.

To each their own. But I can tell you Born Off Road lost at least one sale with that choice. And I suspect more than one.

On a related note: I'm curious if the Everglades snorkel might fit (or be made to fit) other Bronco models. I've yet to see one in person. But first chance I get, I'm popping the hood and inspecting it closely.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea I cover everything that says bronco , ford, ford bronco up. I even have a cover on the high screen so I don’t have to look at the prancing bronco

they got my cash. That’s all the advertising I need

on a side note, what’s some good nameless logo less cheap products I can buy that are American made

I’ll hang up and listen

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the idea. not a huge fan of "borne off road". I would honestly prefer the brand name on the side or something. just my .2
.02?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are there any plans to get the design back flush with the windshield? I know the mirror makes that hard, but just about every snorkel ever made fits flush with the windshield and looks more natural. This just being honest looks out of place pushed that far forward and just kind of out in the middle of the fender.

We made some adjustments to our design and here is a quick photo of our latest production sample:

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D Thread NT6_9338

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

Just a quick bump since we've been doing some work on this behind the scenes. WE made some minor adjustments to our design and our latest sample arrived today! We're working on our final test fit and install guide this week. More to come soon!

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D Thread NT6_6941

-Nick

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Guys!

Just a quick bump since we've been doing some work on this behind the scenes. WE made some minor adjustments to our design and our latest sample arrived today! We're working on our final test fit and install guide this week. More to come soon!

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D Thread NT6_6941

-Nick
Looks good, any chance you guys are incorporating a window above the filter to be able to quickly check for contamination?

How's the fitment to the fender? In the picture it looks like there is a bit of a gap?
Sponsored