First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Going over the super flashy article. Yep dont see any benefit to pick this up at that price point. 7% increase? No matter how you wanna spin it. Not worth it, unless someone wants to chime in and convince me otherwise. Any companies coming out with bigger turbos? i can see cooler, pipe and bigger boost maybe?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to give this thread a bump to drop in the installation instructions that we just finished up to give you a head start for when we start shipping these!

Bronco Stock Location Intercooler Installation Instructions

As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going over the super flashy article. Yep dont see any benefit to pick this up at that price point. 7% increase? No matter how you wanna spin it. Not worth it, unless someone wants to chime in and convince me otherwise. Any companies coming out with bigger turbos? i can see cooler, pipe and bigger boost maybe?
Great question!

So the 7% increase is only referring to our flow bench testing, which is admittedly a close difference with the OEM unit, but any improvement is ideal. Also, as mentioned in the post, when designing intercoolers, we're looking for an ideal balance between flow and cooling power, which in this case skews more toward a tighter internal fin design. We noted a 21°F drop in intercooler outlet temperatures over the stock unit which is ideal for those seeking more power out of these EcoBoosts.

Another point to keep in mind are that the results published were from our stock tuned 2.3L using the OEM pipes and adaptors, with our 2.7L results on the way! I'll make sure to link to the post once that goes live!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Nick

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to give this thread a bump to drop in the installation instructions that we just finished up to give you a head start for when we start shipping these!

Bronco Stock Location Intercooler Installation Instructions

As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

-Nick
Is the intercooler still going to come with 2 different pipe adapters? I know it was mentioned that the 2.7 intercooler pipe kit that is being designed was potentially eliminating Fords quick connect couplers. Or will the additional adapters come with the intercooler pipe kit when that is finished?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the intercooler still going to come with 2 different pipe adapters? I know it was mentioned that the 2.7 intercooler pipe kit that is being designed was potentially eliminating Fords quick connect couplers. Or will the additional adapters come with the intercooler pipe kit when that is finished?

Correct - the intercooler will come with the OEM style quick disconnect adaptors, and the piping kit will include adaptors for our couplers

-Nick

Sponsored

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great question!

So the 7% increase is only referring to our flow bench testing, which is admittedly a close difference with the OEM unit, but any improvement is ideal. Also, as mentioned in the post, when designing intercoolers, we're looking for an ideal balance between flow and cooling power, which in this case skews more toward a tighter internal fin design. We noted a 21°F drop in intercooler outlet temperatures over the stock unit which is ideal for those seeking more power out of these EcoBoosts.

Another point to keep in mind are that the results published were from our stock tuned 2.3L using the OEM pipes and adaptors, with our 2.7L results on the way! I'll make sure to link to the post once that goes live!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Nick
Nick, any word on the results release for the 2.7?

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So after reading the install instructions I didn’t see it mentioned anywhere that the front bumper had to be removed, is this correct? I have a aftermarket front bumper that weighs over 100 lbs and hadn’t considered upgrading the intercooler because of this but if it doesn’t need to be removed that changes things.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So after reading the install instructions I didn’t see it mentioned anywhere that the front bumper had to be removed, is this correct? I have a aftermarket front bumper that weighs over 100 lbs and hadn’t considered upgrading the intercooler because of this but if it doesn’t need to be removed that changes things.
That is correct! you can swap the intercoolers from underneath the vehicle

-Nick

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is correct! you can swap the intercoolers from underneath the vehicle

-Nick
do you know when you expect shipping to start?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

Giving this thread a bump with our long awaited 2.7L Dyno Results! Make sure that you head over to the Engineering Blog to get the full scoop!

Low Road – 2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L/2.7L Performance Stock Location Intercooler R&D, Part 5 – 2.7L Dyno Results

NT6_9131.jpg

For any community, the wants and needs of the enthusiast essentially boil down to style and speed. But, let’s face it, we all want that extra grunt under the hood, no matter the reason. These Off-roaders weren’t exactly designed for speed, but some extra ponies added to the pack only make the Bronco more capable when the trail gets treacherous. One of the best stepping stones on the quest for additional power out of your rig comes from an intercooler upgrade. While the 2.7L powered Broncos are packing more of a punch than their four-cylinder 2.3L counterpart, they both share this same key to that sequestered power potential, and now we’ll see what the 2.7L has hidden away. Continue Reading...
And just as a reminder that these intercoolers are currently on a discounted presale! Make sure that you grab yours while the special pricing lasts!

INTERCOOLER, STOCK LOCATION, FITS 2021+ FORD BRONCO 2.3L/2.7L

MMINT-BR-21AllColors_1.jpg

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I also wanted to follow up on this! We have our written installation instructions already posted on our product page, and can also be found here:

Mishimoto 2021+ Bronco Stock Location Intercooler Installation Instructions

-Nick

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Placed my order. Install looks easy, and glad the bumper doesn't have to come off.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Mishimoto i placed my preorder yesterday and then today got a out of stock email which says up to 10 weeks before this will be available, is this correct? I thought they were suppose to be shipping out shortly?
Sponsored