redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just posting this in the 2.7 thread in case anyone looking here did not realize there is a similar thread in the 2.3 performance intercooler thread. I never really paid attention, I guess. 🤪 :LOL:

Just checked my Ford account and the delivery has changed from the first week of April. Now says Bronc delivery was to have been this week 3/10/23 to 3/16/23 but it was a no show. Either way looks like both pre-sale and Bronc about the same time. Tomorrow is finish cleaning up the bumper and a coat of paint. ;)

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nce-intercooler-r-d-thread.27442/post-1845098

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread MMINT-BR-21H_6

Now I know to to keep an eye on both threads. 😁

Last edited:

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey Bronco Team - we are itching to get these on pre-sale. We are shooting for a mid-March pre-sale kickoff. I will keep everyone updated once the pre-sale page is live!

- John P
Could sure use some good news on preorder as we've almost got the beans above the frank here:
20230318_120341.jpg

Also, @Mishimoto I see you've not noticed any coolant temp issues, but how harsh of testing have you been thru? Serious heat in my neck of desert...and last place you want to overheat...

EDIT: saw another post about fans, I'd gladly upgrade them too if you think that would be sufficient to keep me out of trouble in 118deg heat...

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Could sure use some good news on preorder as we've almost got the beans above the frank here:
Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread 20230318_120341

Also, @Mishimoto I see you've not noticed any coolant temp issues, but how harsh of testing have you been thru? Serious heat in my neck of desert...and last place you want to overheat...

Ouch!!!!! I believe in their test they did 6 back to back pulls, no cool down.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ouch!!!!! I believe in their test they did 6 back to back pulls, no cool down.
Yeah, still learning how to properly send it 😅

So 6 pulls, presumably with fans blowing whatever shop ambient air temp at it. Seems insufficient; domestic OEMs spend big $ testing prototypes in death valley. Not saying that's what I expect Mishimoto to do, but wondering if they tweaked anything else on test bench to try to replicate worst-case heat scenario...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @Bronkers - yikes! Hopefully that OEM cooler is still holding enough pressure that you can wait until our high-mount arrives!

Yes, like @BAUS67 mentioned, we ran 6 back-to-back pulls with no cooldown. The coolant temperature slightly increased over the completely stock configuration, but this was expected, as we put a large bar-and-plate intercooler in front of the radiator. The testing was still within normal range, so we see do not see it as a concern. We have a love/hate relationship being located in the mid-Atlantic (Delaware) climate. It's not always hot and we never hit temps/humidity of some extreme climates within the US. We are confident that this high-mount intercooler will perform well, albeit you may see minimal coolant temperature increases depending on climate, driving style, and other modifications (ie, if you have a big bull bar + lights in front of your grille, be cognizant that you are adding a large intercooler in front of your radiator).

- John P

BlueBucky

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I took the bronco into the shop and they ordered everything only to now find out the coolers are on back order. Any idea how long until you have more ready?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well tomorrow the steed comes home. Signed up for #teammishi tonight. Hopefully next week the presale will start. 🤞 It's time to turn some wrenches and hit the trails !!!!

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0237.JPG

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0242.JPG

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0244.JPG

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well tomorrow the steed comes home. Signed up for #teammishi tonight. Hopefully next week the presale will start. 🤞 It's time to turn some wrenches and hit the trails !!!!

Congrats

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today is the day many of you have been waiting for... PRE-SALE ANNOUNCEMENT!

When will my order ship?
We have a limited number of these in stock to ship immediately. First come, first serve. If you are not in the first round, the second round is anticipated to ship in May/June 2023.

How long will the pre-sale pricing last?
Pre-sale pricing will last for four weeks and end on 4/25/2023.

What if I get an automated email about my product being on backorder?
Yes, this is a systems limitation on our side and you might receive more than one backorder email. Sorry it's such a pain, but remember you are ordering a product before we have 100% of the items ready to be shipped.

We wanted to get this pre-sale page out sooner rather than later, so we are still finalizing some of our content. I will be sure to update everyone when it's live.

We are still finalizing the 2.7L intercooler pipe product. Once that is ready for pre-sale (mid-April 2023), we will also have a 2.7L specific, complete kit.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

- John P

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Today is the day many of you have been waiting for... PRE-SALE ANNOUNCEMENT!

When will my order ship?
We have a limited number of these in stock to ship immediately. First come, first serve. If you are not in the first round, the second round is anticipated to ship in May/June 2023.

How long will the pre-sale pricing last?
Pre-sale pricing will last for four weeks and end on 4/25/2023.

What if I get an automated email about my product being on backorder?
Yes, this is a systems limitation on our side and you might receive more than one backorder email. Sorry it's such a pain, but remember you are ordering a product before we have 100% of the items ready to be shipped.

We wanted to get this pre-sale page out sooner rather than later, so we are still finalizing some of our content. I will be sure to update everyone when it's live.

We are still finalizing the 2.7L intercooler pipe product. Once that is ready for pre-sale (mid-April 2023), we will also have a 2.7L specific, complete kit.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

- John P
Order placed

Sure hope i make first run/ please have mercy on my dumb sending of the OEM IC into the sand...still holding boost...for now...

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Order placed

Sure hope i make first run/ please have mercy on my dumb sending of the OEM IC into the sand...still
Order placed

Sure hope i make first run/ please have mercy on my dumb sending of the OEM IC into the sand...still holding boost...for now...

Off their web site......... I thought we might need a code.