First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will take you guys up on that once it's available!
Nice! I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on when that's ready for purchase so you don't miss out!

-Nick
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forgive my ignorance, can you explain the benefits of dual vs. single? I'm new to turbo engines and assuming it's not just extra volume.
Absolutely!

Essentially, the benefit to the dual can setup is that it's covering both possible sources for blow-by to enter the intake system. Most modern engines, including this 2.7L, use both a Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) and Crankcase Ventilation (CCV) systems which are utilized under different loads or throttle positions, which is not exclusive only to turbo applications.

Typically, the primary source of blow-by is through the PCV side of the ventilation systems, and it's uncommon that we see accumulation on the CCV side. From our experience though, the V6 EcoBoosts will run blow-by through both systems enough that we also wanted to provide added protection for that side as well.

Let me know if this helps!

-Nick

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely!

Essentially, the benefit to the dual can setup is that it's covering both possible sources for blow-by to enter the intake system. Most modern engines, including this 2.7L, use both a Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) and Crankcase Ventilation (CCV) systems which are utilized under different loads or throttle positions, which is not exclusive only to turbo applications.

Typically, the primary source of blow-by is through the PCV side of the ventilation systems, and it's uncommon that we see accumulation on the CCV side. From our experience though, the V6 EcoBoosts will run blow-by through both systems enough that we also wanted to provide added protection for that side as well.

Let me know if this helps!

-Nick
Thanks! Clearly ignorant over here ;) Keep me posted on the dual upgrade kit.

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Question, and I didnt read all the comments. You will have 2 different kits available? The one for $183 on pre order and then a different dual one or will you send the additional parts from the dual one later to the people that bought the single one?

Sponsored

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kit looks solid. I run a different kit on my supercharged Hemi and it pulls plenty of oil from that motor. I’m going in on this.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question, and I didnt read all the comments. You will have 2 different kits available? The one for $183 on pre order and then a different dual one or will you send the additional parts from the dual one later to the people that bought the single one?

Correct! When all is said and done, we will have 2 different kits available for the 2.7L Bronco. A single can PVC-side kit, which is the one on presale currently, and then a dual-can PCV/CCV setup. Once the dual can kit is ready for presale, we'll also be offering for a limited time, an upgrade kit for those who have the single can setup, which includes the dual can bracket, new hoses, and second catch can

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Gang!

I just wanted to bump up this thread to give you a little update on our PCV-side catch cans! Just like the 2.3L kit, we are fortunate enough to be able to produce some of the components here at our R&D facility. Our fabrication expert, Mike, worked on cutting, bending, and welding our brackets last week, which means that we now have kits in stock to start shipping out the first wave!

NT6_7333.jpg

NT6_7392.jpg

NT6_8836.jpg

Some of you should be receiving shipping notifications shortly, if you haven't already, and not to worry if you don't since our next batch should be shipping out very soon!

Thanks guys! We're excited to see these kits installed on your Broncos!

-Nick

NY WLDTRKBRONCO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Gang!

I just wanted to bump up this thread to give you a little update on our PCV-side catch cans! Just like the 2.3L kit, we are fortunate enough to be able to produce some of the components here at our R&D facility. Our fabrication expert, Mike, worked on cutting, bending, and welding our brackets last week, which means that we now have kits in stock to start shipping out the first wave!

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Bronco 2.7 Catch Can R&D Thread NT6_8836

Some of you should be receiving shipping notifications shortly, if you haven't already, and not to worry if you don't since our next batch should be shipping out very soon!

Thanks guys! We're excited to see these kits installed on your Broncos!

-Nick
Got my tracking #, can't wait!

NY WLDTRKBRONCO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Installed it last night. Fairly straightforward, it is a reach over the engine, which makes it a little more challenging. Lost a couple of washers and a 7mm socket into the engine area, one washer made it to the garage floor and the others were lost forever :unsure:. Instructions leave you guessing for a couple of steps, but if you have average smarts you will figure it out 🤪.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Bronco 2.7 Catch Can R&D Thread IMG_0278
Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Bronco 2.7 Catch Can R&D Thread IMG_0283
Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Bronco 2.7 Catch Can R&D Thread IMG_0282
Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Bronco 2.7 Catch Can R&D Thread IMG_0280

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed it last night. Fairly straightforward, it is a reach over the engine, which makes it a little more challenging. Lost a couple of washers and a 7mm socket into the engine area, one washer made it to the garage floor and the others were lost forever :unsure:. Instructions leave you guessing for a couple of steps, but if you have average smarts you will figure it out 🤪.

I’m guessing the re use a can they already produce? Would look much cleaner to have the tube not cross over each other. I am surprised they aren’t using the factory style fittings at the can as well to give it a more factory look. This is a purchase I’m looking to do and trying ti find the best option that fits in under the hood without drawing attention.

Samsquanch75

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sasquatch 4dr, 2018 4Runner TRD OffRd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Catch can arrived Thursday. Impressive quality, fit and finish looks as good as factory components.

8FE4A6F5-A3D1-47A5-BE29-C90A1E4ACDF5.jpeg

74C5C1B8-7133-4BA6-A339-DF039F62470B.jpeg

87B57C5B-5CF0-46D4-A99F-C19393AB48EB.jpeg

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking good guys! Thanks for posting!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to give this thread a quick bump and let you know that we have a second batch of these kits right around the corner for those who are still waiting on theirs! Apologies for the extended wait times! We're working on getting all of these kits out ASAP

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

Thanks,
Nick

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I received my package this week and went to install it yesterday. Like one customer said, its a little reach into the back of the engine. I ran into one issue. Concerning the bracket, your package will come with 2 nuts to tie the bracket to the firewall. My issue was with the stud on the left side. I had the bracket slid onto the threaded stud on the left side and started to thread it on, unfortunately for me I stripped the only threads this nut was going to grab on to, and now the nut is very loose and not very secure. Luckily the right side is very secure. I point your attention to the picture of the nut, if you zoom in on the left side, you cant see any of the stud bolt through the nut. In my opinion you need some sort of stud extender for the left side or the ability to remove this very thick washer that is welded on the back side of the bracket on the left. If you are doing the install, just be very careful of putting this nut on the left side or you will strip it.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Bronco 2.7 Catch Can R&D Thread IMG_0282

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Bronco 2.7 Catch Can R&D Thread IMG_4753

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Bronco 2.7 Catch Can R&D Thread IMG_4752
Sponsored

Last edited: