Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
  • Banned
I ordered high package because I will build out my audio system like all my other vehicles. The B&O has some limitations that I would rather avoid and start from scratch on everything. However, In a video I saw a non B&O has only 2 small speakers in the top corner of the dash (which is a horrible place from an acoustic standpoint) and the 2 on the roll bar. Has anyone confirmed the location of the 10 speakers of the B&O and know roughly type of speaker for the locations? I understand this has been discussed and speculated, but I would like hard evidence on recent accounts.
Sponsored

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered high package because I will build out my audio system like all my other vehicles. The B&O has some limitations that I would rather avoid and start from scratch on everything. However, In a video I saw a non B&O has only 2 small speakers in the top corner of the dash (which is a horrible place from an acoustic standpoint) and the 2 on the roll bar. Has anyone confirmed the location of the 10 speakers of the B&O and know roughly type of speaker for the locations? I understand this has been discussed and speculated, but I would like hard evidence on recent accounts.
I've been wondering this as well. The only additional speaker I know of for certain is in the center of the dash. And the sub in the back which counts I guess. That's still only 6 speakers. Not sure where to find the other four.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Factory "Premium" sound systems are generally tuned for the vehicles conditions. A large percentage use digital enhancement and frequencies adjusted. To the masses, they sound good. The Bronco is a terrible vehicle choice when considering sound quality. No matter what's installed, it a less than desirable size, shape and environment for quality sound. In short, if you're at the high package, the extra 2K will be a bargain to get a reasonable sounding system. If you're a mid package buyer (because you don't need the other stuff), I would consider aftermarket.

OP
OP
edgeflyer

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
  • Banned
EA967A5E-AC16-4F4F-9A0B-66994B8B662A.jpeg

Use the search bar. Thereā€™s an entire thread dedicated to this already. No need to start another.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/b-o-and-base-speaker-size-and-location.16887/

8AEF849A-EF8B-4387-B3F2-2F04AD25B6F9.png
Don't tell me what to do.

*Edit* #BaseSquatch, I apologize. You did provide an awesome picture. It is getting old though that people can't just answer a simple question or move on if the don't want to be annoyed by a thread they previosly read. People just need to chill on here and enjoy it for what a forum is intended to be. Thank you for the picture. It is exactly what I needed and I will try the search bar next time....

Last edited:

Sponsored

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Buddy, you posted a question (thatā€™s already been answered). Not only did I answer it, but I showed you how to find the answer next time. Donā€™t get snappy with me šŸ˜‚

Ford Bronco Revisiting B&O 8C191E49-FE88-4812-982D-9760D26FC4F5

Edit: I accept your Apology šŸ™‚

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We opted for the Lux package ... but I don't give two shits about the speaker placement or acoustics as long as I can hear the audio with the top and doors off. I can't imagine buying a Wrangler or Bronco and having a real big concern with the speaker placement. Just looking at either vehicle is going to point out downfalls in its acoustic properties.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We opted for the Lux package ... but I don't give two shits about the speaker placement or acoustics as long as I can hear the audio with the top and doors off. I can't imagine buying a Wrangler or Bronco and having a real big concern with the speaker placement. Just looking at either vehicle is going to point out downfalls in its acoustic properties.

Yep, I only opted for the LUX to get the adaptive cruise control, hopefully the B&O sounds ok in the 2 door, but the sound system was never a concern for me in the first place as I would have been perfectly fine replacing any factory sound system with an aftermarket sound system.

OP
OP
edgeflyer

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Buddy, you posted a question (thatā€™s already been answered). Not only did I answer it, but I showed you how to find the answer next time. Donā€™t get snappy with me šŸ˜‚

8C191E49-FE88-4812-982D-9760D26FC4F5.jpeg

Edit: I accept your Apology šŸ™‚
Yep, I only opted for the LUX to get the adaptive cruise control, hopefully the B&O sounds ok in the 2 door, but the sound system was never a concern for me in the first place as I would have been perfectly fine replacing any factory sound system with an aftermarket sound system.
I thought all along about building custom fiberglass boxes for mids and highs throughout, but if there are existing locations in the B&O, I may just get lazy and use those locations. I hate to deal with the factory amp and converters for the aftermarket.
Sponsored