Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I want this!

-----

Boooo!

McIntosh is returning to in-car audio. The high-end hi-fi brand has signed an agreement with Jeep for one of its systems to appear in the upcoming Grand Wagoneer concept vehicle. It will be McIntosh's first in-car audio system in nearly two decades, and its first-ever 'automotive reference system'.
Unfortunately there will be a TON of people that think they are actually related to Apple.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want this!

-----

Boooo!

McIntosh is returning to in-car audio. The high-end hi-fi brand has signed an agreement with Jeep for one of its systems to appear in the upcoming Grand Wagoneer concept vehicle. It will be McIntosh's first in-car audio system in nearly two decades, and its first-ever 'automotive reference system'.
The high end audio world has been a crazy place for the past 20 years or. Companies have been bought and sold like poker chips. McIntosh was owned by Clarion, then D and M, then McIntosh Group. Then McIntosh Group now owns a bunch of other companies including Sonus Faber. Most recently they hired one of Harman's old marketing guys that sold Bose and Harman products to GM. The short story is all these companies are basically the same. US based decisions and Asia based manufacturing. Even Martin Logan and sister companies are "made in Canada" but with Asia supplied internals.

Remember when the Ford GT had a McIntosh head?

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The high end audio world has been a crazy place for the past 20 years or. Companies have been bought and sold like poker chips. McIntosh was owned by Clarion, then D and M, then McIntosh Group. Then McIntosh Group now owns a bunch of other companies including Sonus Faber. Most recently they hired one of Harman's old marketing guys that sold Bose and Harman products to GM. The short story is all these companies are basically the same. US based decisions and Asia based manufacturing. Even Martin Logan and sister companies are "made in Canada" but with Asia supplied internals.

Remember when the Ford GT had a McIntosh head?

I don't think that's true of McIntosh. (Of course parts may come from elsewhere.)

Ford Bronco B&O stereo McIntosh---Building-exterior03

McIntosh is proud to be a Made in the USA company.

Ford Bronco B&O stereo McIntosh---Building-exterior01

Aerial view with our main factory shown in the center with the Service Department and Warehouse wings on the rear of the building. The building on the right was not a part of the original McIntosh property but was acquired in the early 1970s; today it is home to our Engineering Department. The building on the left was used at one time by McIntosh but it is now owned by a separate company and is not part of the McIntosh facility.

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think that's true of McIntosh. (Of course parts may come from elsewhere.)

McIntosh is proud to be a Made in the USA company.

Aerial view with our main factory shown in the center with the Service Department and Warehouse wings on the rear of the building. The building on the right was not a part of the original McIntosh property but was acquired in the early 1970s; today it is home to our Engineering Department. The building on the left was used at one time by McIntosh but it is now owned by a separate company and is not part of the McIntosh facility.
They all jump through hoops to make it look like they are all boutiqes, but if you dig hard you'll find they're like every other company. Their class AB mono amps I would bet are still 100% US, but the stuff that looks mass produced isnt. http://pro-music-news.com/html/01/e30311dm.htm

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not only is the B&O upgrade a bit of a rip off so is the navigation. If you want a similar experience with the Nav system to what you receive with android auto or apple carplay keep in mind it works off SirusXM traffic. This is the coverage map where thing like traffic and accident notifications are available https://www.siriusxm.com/siriusxmtraffic/marketcoverage?desktop=yes
No ..the Bronco uses state of the art Telenav, not Sirus XM from info on BroncoNation

https://www.telenav.com/

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Alright, I wanna give $0.50 worth.... I chose the Lux package solely for the B&O system on my Badlands. I know I'll get all the rest of the goodies that are lumped in, but, mainly wanted it for music. I've searched/read everything I can to get details and haven't found anything other than basic info. That said, when I was at my dealer finalizing my order I asked if they had any vehicles with said system - lucky me, they had a MY21 F150 (Yes, I know it's kind of apples and oranges) BUT, the cabin space volume will be fairly similar. Anyways, I want to say I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice the system sounded Highs, mid's and base all sounded crisp and clean (I listen to just about every type of music)and knowing the acoustics will be different in the Bronco I am very happy I made the decision to get that option. Additionally, the Sync4 was easy to navigate and didn't seem too intrusive (13.1in ish screen) I'll be happy with the 12in in the Bronco. I'd say if you're on the fence go take a listen.
Prepare to be disappointed. Which system did the F150 have? There's B&O and B&O Unleashed. The upgraded Unleashed system has 18 speakers and will be worlds better than the system in the Bronco.

The Bronco is a mid tier vehicle for Ford and they always save their best for the F150. I'm expecting the upgraded B&O system in the Bronco to be closer to the base B&O in the F150.

If you've ever listened to the "premium" Sony system in something like a Focus compared to an F150, you would be amazed at the difference.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They all jump through hoops to make it look like they are all boutiqes, but if you dig hard you'll find they're like every other company. Their class AB mono amps I would bet are still 100% US, but the stuff that looks mass produced isnt. http://pro-music-news.com/html/01/e30311dm.htm
Yes, I can see that. They wouldn't be hand building products for mass produced cars.

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You people are gonna make me drop from lux to high package. Stop it. :(
Sorry. My point wasn't to mean luxury branded packages are not better. It was my intent to say that in order to get a much better sounding system you would have to spend a LOT more in the aftermarket. A pair of good speakers is over a thousand dollars. The subwoofer I posted is $800 alone and will need an amp and installation.

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
IMO, high end audio is just not worth it in a Bronco. All that money you spend on getting accurate, crystal clear sound will be wasted the moment the vehicle starts moving. Let's be honest, a luxury vehicle with a noise free cabin the Bronco is not. Everyone here is always claiming to be top off the majority of the time. Why would you spend thousands on an audio system upgrade that would only sound good while parked? All you would really need is a system that can get loud enough to drown out the road noise at a fairly decent volume without distortion.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Prepare to be disappointed. Which system did the F150 have? There's B&O and B&O Unleashed. The upgraded Unleashed system has 18 speakers and will be worlds better than the system in the Bronco.

The Bronco is a mid tier vehicle for Ford and they always save their best for the F150. I'm expecting the upgraded B&O system in the Bronco to be closer to the base B&O in the F150.

If you've ever listened to the "premium" Sony system in something like a Focus compared to an F150, you would be amazed at the difference.

Sounds like a damned if you do and damned if you don't.... get the standard trim stereo; find out the B&O is Awesome - get pissed off you have to spend more money for better tunes in your Bronco. OR get the B&O find out it really doesn't sound great and get pissed off you spent too much and still have to spend to ged better tunes..... I'm going to attempt to be optimistic, in that it will sound really good for the vehicle it was designed for.

Sure the F150 I listeded to likely had the Unleashed version, Cool. I'll still hold that the same engineers that worked on that system, also worked on the remaining B&O systems in all remaining Ford vehicles.

Agreed, the F-150 is Fords flagship and keeps the lights on... that said, I don't think the Bronco is a mid tier vehicle - if so.... unless we are all ordering Base models with no options.... then Ford has us all snowed.... for paying upwards of $50k for a mid tier bronco (FE, WT, BL, OB- with options)

Best car audio system I've heard that I can remember wold be in the BMW I owned a number of years ago. Also listened to the Meridian system in a MY21 Defender - sounded pretty amazing. Nevertheless, while you say the bronco system will sound like the lower tier f-150 system, that's cool with me. IF it sounds close I'll be happy and can upgrade later when the newness has worn off or I'm out of warranty.

As I said in another post "WE" are all building our own bronco's to enjoy. I hope you enjoy yours, I know I'll enjoy mine. Cheers.
Sponsored