Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are 2 versions of the B&O for the F-150. Did you make sure you listened to the lower tier one? A Ranger with the B&O would be more accurate to compare to.
Honestly, I'm not sure which tier it was. Was more concerned with sound and the sync4 interface. I'm sure the higher version would have better sound, but since we don't have anything else to go off of i took a chance. I can imagine the ranger might be more comparable, but for cabin volume I thought the F150 would work. My dealer didn't have many rangers in their lot, loads of F150's and up.
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Honestly, I'm not sure which tier it was. Was more concerned with sound and the sync4 interface. I'm sure the higher version would have better sound, but since we don't have anything else to go off of i took a chance. I can imagine the ranger might be more comparable, but for cabin volume I thought the F150 would work. My dealer didn't have many rangers in their lot, loads of F150's and up.
Gotcha. Yeah the base F-150 B&O is 8 speakers, 640 watts. The B&O Unleashed is 18 speakers at 1,080 watts. Pretty big difference between the two. The Ranger is 10 speakers at 675 watts I believe.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright, I wanna give $0.50 worth.... I chose the Lux package solely for the B&O system on my Badlands. I know I'll get all the rest of the goodies that are lumped in, but, mainly wanted it for music. I've searched/read everything I can to get details and haven't found anything other than basic info. That said, when I was at my dealer finalizing my order I asked if they had any vehicles with said system - lucky me, they had a MY21 F150 (Yes, I know it's kind of apples and oranges) BUT, the cabin space volume will be fairly similar. Anyways, I want to say I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice the system sounded Highs, mid's and base all sounded crisp and clean (I listen to just about every type of music)and knowing the acoustics will be different in the Bronco I am very happy I made the decision to get that option. Additionally, the Sync4 was easy to navigate and didn't seem too intrusive (13.1in ish screen) I'll be happy with the 12in in the Bronco. I'd say if you're on the fence go take a listen.
Don't short-change yourself. That was at least 51¢ or so. ;)

Owning an F150 and having previously owned a JK Wrangler, I will say that the F150's acoustics will in no way be comparable to the Bronco's especially with the thin, flimsy, cheap, or whatever other pejorative descriptor people have used who may not realize the type of vehicle they reserved.

The 2017 F150 is much improved compared to the 2010 F150 I had previously.

That said, I am on the fence about the Lux package. The B&O system will sound good, not the best possible sound that money can buy, but the ~$2500 jump also has adaptive cruise control and other things, like you said, which should be considered.

I don't think the B&O is a deal maker for me, because I can--if I carve out the time--upgrade the system myself. I can add USB ports and wireless charging too, but to make those look right may be beyond my natural level of patience.

Get the B&O if you don't want to mess with installing new speakers--responsible for any water damage instead of your warranty--or you don't expect a studio on wheels out of something with a removable top, but want the best sounding stock system. Be honest with yourself about how much time, money, and effort you would really put into upgrading and whether or not you'll be cash poor over it or driving around with the lesser stereo, etc. for months or longer pissed off you didn't get something better from day one.

*not all directed at you, but generalizations... in general (y)

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you want to save some money yet get likely even better sound quality, my suggestion is to just get that standard stereo that comes with the trim you want, but upgrade your speakers. I did that in a car I had without an upgraded stereo and I just blew away my expectations. This was a 2004 3 series.
The architecture of the system in your 3-series made doing that easy, not least of which was a standalone amp. I have a number of BMWs where I've swapped all the speakers, the amps, and then added more amps and dedicated subs.

The caveat here is this... if the base system does not have a standalone amp and it's all integrated into the head unit, swapping speakers will be the only upgrade possible without major effort and expense. I don't know enough about the Bronco systems to say one way or the other (not sure anyone does yet) but if it has a standalone amp that we can remove and replace life is a LOT easier. That would be my decision point on whether or not B&O upgrade was worth it.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want everything but the kitchen sink so I’m getting lux package also. Don’t forget that all of the factory installed stuff including the stereo system comes with the Ford warranty also.
I'm assuming you won't be overlanding. I'd love a kitchen sink.

Lux for me as well. Best/most convenient of all worlds

Sponsored

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't short-change yourself. That was at least 51¢ or so. ;)

Owning an F150 and having previously owned a JK Wrangler, I will say that the F150's acoustics will in no way be comparable to the Bronco's especially with the thin, flimsy, cheap, or whatever other pejorative descriptor people have used who may not realize the type of vehicle they reserved.

The 2017 F150 is much improved compared to the 2010 F150 I had previously.

That said, I am on the fence about the Lux package. The B&O system will sound good, not the best possible sound that money can buy, but the ~$2500 jump also has adaptive cruise control and other things, like you said, which should be considered.

I don't think the B&O is a deal maker for me, because I can--if I carve out the time--upgrade the system myself. I can add USB ports and wireless charging too, but to make those look right may be beyond my natural level of patience.

Get the B&O if you don't want to mess with installing new speakers--responsible for any water damage instead of your warranty--or you don't expect a studio on wheels out of something with a removable top, but want the best sounding stock system. Be honest with yourself about how much time, money, and effort you would really put into upgrading and whether or not you'll be cash poor over it or driving around with the lesser stereo, etc. for months or longer pissed off you didn't get something better from day one.

*not all directed at you, but generalizations... in general (y)
Lol so maybe $0.52?? I agree with you. While I could save some green, time has a value as well and while I love to tinker on projects, spending a couple grand (i would) to upgrade when I'm doing that already by getting the lux with all the extra goodies (some I could do without) I'm okay with that too.
Admittedly I don't know what the upgraded stereo sounds like in the jeep. Nevertheless, I'm happy to see my chances on the B&O and trust (blindly) that the same sound engineers at B&O and Ford worked on the F-150, Ranger, Bronco, etc.... if that's the case I'm good. I know my bronco isn't and never will be meant to be a concert hall on wheels.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm assuming you won't be overlanding. I'd love a kitchen sink.

Lux for me as well. Best/most convenient of all worlds
You make a valid point there. Lol. Just get me a Jetboil along with a beer cooler and I’m set.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford had said that B&O has designed both systems. From what I've seen the Subwoofer of the LUX package is behind the back seats, stuffed in where the door meets the tire well.

To add a sub to a non-Lux, I imagine It would be simplest to have a custom box built to take up the space where that tailgate accessory would go. Two shallow 10inch subs with an amp in the middle, with marine grade subs. It would be louder than the B&O for sure.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lux was never a debate for me. I'm venturing into my first off road vehicle and coming from BMW, benz, lexus. I think I'd have a heart attack if I didn't go lux w my BL lol
That's funny, I am adding the Bronco to a garage full of luxury cars and I specifically do NOT want anything too fancy. My ONLY must-have creature comfort is keyless entry and start, GF digging through purse for a key isn't a headache I want to deal with.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the Accessories Guide there was also an option for a JBL Sound Bar which tells me if I wanted enhanced sound you don't necessarily need to get it from the Lux Package. An option is available but ordering that option and the risk for delay or after market is any ones guess.
That sound bar is just a gigantic bluetooth speaker... I would not count on it to be a method for "enhanced sound."

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol so maybe $0.52?? I agree with you. While I could save some green, time has a value as well and while I love to tinker on projects, spending a couple grand (i would) to upgrade when I'm doing that already by getting the lux with all the extra goodies (some I could do without) I'm okay with that too.
Admittedly I don't know what the upgraded stereo sounds like in the jeep. Nevertheless, I'm happy to see my chances on the B&O and trust (blindly) that the same sound engineers at B&O and Ford worked on the F-150, Ranger, Bronco, etc.... if that's the case I'm good. I know my bronco isn't and never will be meant to be a concert hall on wheels.
Yup. Some things I don't bother with upgrading because I know I'll spend a lot more and I don't always have the time/I will be without some convenience for a long time. It's gonna be a coin toss for me unless I hear it in person or extra speaker/amp locations bring extra factory wiring to odd locations.

*concert hall was what I was trying to think of, lol, but no caffeine yet

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any clear info out there on the standard system? Beyond number of speakers....

As others have mentioned at a certain point the stereo quality will be limited by the acoustics of the Broncos cabin, which will not be good.

As long as the standard stereo is going to be loud and clear enough for me to listen to podcasts going 65 down the freeway, I'm good.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. Some things I don't bother with upgrading because I know I'll spend a lot more and I don't always have the time/I will be without some convenience for a long time. It's gonna be a coin toss for me unless I hear it in person or extra speaker/amp locations bring extra factory wiring to odd locations.

*concert hall was what I was trying to think of, lol, but no caffeine yet
You’ll be able to hear one version or the other when the dealerships get the service loaners and still have time (maybe) to amend your order.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’ll be able to hear one version or the other when the dealerships get the service loaners and still have time (maybe) to amend your order.
Oh... there's plenty of time since I underestimated the popularity of the new Bronco. I thought reservations were a silly thing and didn't want an automatic transmission edition, so I will probably be a MY22.

I have been expecting this reservation bubble to pop for months now, but it still seems that the 70k first year production estimate will sell out. However, 14K could end up on the lots before reservation holders get theirs, so maybe I'll get a MY21 after all and get Lux or not depending on whatever happens to be on it.
Sponsored

Reactions: JAC