Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How well does that JL adapter actually work? the site provided only has like 30 total reviews
It looks like a fancy line/low pass in to RCA converter. The interesting thing is what seems like some correction to account for interior acoustics and being able to tune it like a EQ. The memory feature sounds nice too with it keeping the EQ settings stored.

I really like the idea of it and JL has a long history of car audio quality. This should allow you to keep the factory radio/touchscreen setup and use for sending signals to an external amp and speaker setup. The biggest problem with newer cars is how integrated the radio is into major systems that the box allows you keep in place.
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like a fancy line/low pass in to RCA converter. The interesting thing is what seems like some correction to account for interior acoustics and being able to tune it like a EQ. The memory feature sounds nice too with it keeping the EQ settings stored.

I really like the idea of it and JL has a long history of car audio quality. This should allow you to keep the factory radio/touchscreen setup and use for sending signals to an external amp and speaker setup. The biggest problem with newer cars is how integrated the radio is into major systems that the box allows you keep in place.
Definitely going to look into it as long as the opportunistic thievery has died down by the time I have my Bronco.

Biteyk9s

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always keep a SPOT on me too when hunting, etc. for real emergencies.

The "connected" navigation is actually designed to be used in poor reception areas in cooperation with Telenav not SiriusXM Traffic like before.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/07/2021-f-150-and-bronco-navigation-systems-stay-connected-even-outside-of-cellular-range/#:~:text=2021 F-150 And Bronco,Even Outside Of Cellular Range&text=Ford understands that many F,rides off the beaten path.&text=The available hybrid navigation solution,Ford Bronco and F-150.
good link.Thanks for sharing.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright, I wanna give $0.50 worth.... I chose the Lux package solely for the B&O system on my Badlands. I know I'll get all the rest of the goodies that are lumped in, but, mainly wanted it for music. I've searched/read everything I can to get details and haven't found anything other than basic info. That said, when I was at my dealer finalizing my order I asked if they had any vehicles with said system - lucky me, they had a MY21 F150 (Yes, I know it's kind of apples and oranges) BUT, the cabin space volume will be fairly similar. Anyways, I want to say I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice the system sounded Highs, mid's and base all sounded crisp and clean (I listen to just about every type of music)and knowing the acoustics will be different in the Bronco I am very happy I made the decision to get that option. Additionally, the Sync4 was easy to navigate and didn't seem too intrusive (13.1in ish screen) I'll be happy with the 12in in the Bronco. I'd say if you're on the fence go take a listen.

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alright, I wanna give $0.50 worth.... I chose the Lux package solely for the B&O system on my Badlands. I know I'll get all the rest of the goodies that are lumped in, but, mainly wanted it for music. I've searched/read everything I can to get details and haven't found anything other than basic info. That said, when I was at my dealer finalizing my order I asked if they had any vehicles with said system - lucky me, they had a MY21 F150 (Yes, I know it's kind of apples and oranges) BUT, the cabin space volume will be fairly similar. Anyways, I want to say I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice the system sounded Highs, mid's and base all sounded crisp and clean (I listen to just about every type of music)and knowing the acoustics will be different in the Bronco I am very happy I made the decision to get that option. Additionally, the Sync4 was easy to navigate and didn't seem too intrusive (13.1in ish screen) I'll be happy with the 12in in the Bronco. I'd say if you're on the fence go take a listen.
Not as much on the fence with B&O myself as I didn't get a trim that has it. Not really gonna spend an extra 6k just to get the sound system.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some people are saying you can save money by having a custom installed stereo, but the last time I looked at custom, it was fabulously expensive to get a good system put in.

And it will either need to be fed into the stock system somehow (not always an easy task), or you will have to replace something in the dash. There goes your fancy screen you just paid for.
Back when I had my F-150 Tremor, did a speaker upgrade, added a sub box with 2 subs and a class D amp as well as all the wiring and installation materials and added Dynamat in the doors and rear wall and floor. I did the installation myself and still spent around $1500. Now, I'd prefer just getting the B & O and live with that.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not as much on the fence with B&O myself as I didn't get a trim that has it. Not really gonna spend an extra 6k just to get the sound system.
No worries, Like yourself I'm sure there are many folks that aren't worried about that. I was just putting it out there for those that did have concern (there are posts in this forum that states that) about the system. And while it is $5085 to get the Lux package on the BL, I am ok with that as it's my build. yes, all the other gadgets and what some would call nanny systems are included; I am ok with that as well. We on this forum are all building our own bronco to enjoy. Cheers and enjoy your future Bronco.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No worries, Like yourself I'm sure there are many folks that aren't worried about that. I was just putting it out there for those that did have concern (there are posts in this forum that states that) about the system. And while it is $5085 to get the Lux package on the BL, I am ok with that as it's my build. yes, all the other gadgets and what some would call nanny systems are included; I am ok with that as well. We on this forum are all building our own bronco to enjoy. Cheers and enjoy your future Bronco.
I'm just hoping something like what was posted earlier will be available for the Bronco so I can add a better amp and sub soon

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just hoping something like what was posted earlier will be available for the Bronco so I can add a better amp and sub soon
Scott, I hope so too. I'll be honest, I didn't want to be forced into the cost to have the upgrade. BUT, after listening to it, I am very happy I did. Ideally, I would have opted for the 12in screen and upgraded the stereo myself. another BUT, with all the other electronics integrated I didn't want to run into issues and I'd still be spending $$$$ to get the sound I want. I know there will be amps and speakers that will work just fine once aftermarket companies get hands on the bronco. I don't want to wait. So, yeah, I'm still happy with my choice and now just looking forward to May when I find out the guestimated window of delivery... Cheers.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The B&O stereo is really the only option in the Lux package that I want, but I'm sure that opting for a model with the lux package plus all those add ons would really jack the price up. Jeep makes the alpine stereo an individual option on practically every model. Has anyone "examined" (I know - internet pictures aren't exactly detailed at this point) the speaker mounts on the lesser, 6 speaker stereo to see how difficult it would be to simply upgrade the speakers with aftermarket? Seems like a very cheap and easy solution... We'll see if ford makes the B&O stereo optional individually I guess...
Upgrading just the factory speakers will be much cheaper and way better sounding than standard audio...
I'd love the B&O too but not for that money. The only other items in Lux I'd want are wireless charging and the additional USB port.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

As much as I'd love to go back to the days of building and customizing my car stereo, those things have become so much more complicated. I started doing stereos back in HS and then into college for friends, it had gotten to the point where I was feeding my addiction to the latest and greatest by using my car as a demo and selling the components to my friends (and installing for a fee and markup since I got such a great discount at the custom shop since my buddy and I literally went in and dropped hundreds on a monthly basis.

I had an 86 Mustang GT - yeah it started with a regular Kicker wedge box in the back of the hatch, but that quickly turned into - the sound quality sucks let's rebuild with better speakers. A pair of 8" Pyle subs and replacing the horns with a set of ADS 300i plates to run mids and highs. That setup was mated to a HiFonics Thor and a HiFonics Odin. The front doors held a set of Infinity Kappa series 6.5"s driven by a Kenwood KAC 8020, but where things got really slick at the beginning was building up from a 4 series Kenwood deck to the absolute pinnacle of car stereo tape decks in the 80s. The Kenwood KRC 999 Mark II. This was ultimately replaced due to the heightened car stereo thievery of the late 80s and early 90s to a benzi box style Kenwood 858 and then the top dog removable faceplate KRC 940 - tuner.

Anyway reminiscing was not the point of this thread or post - but I guess been there done that...the factory upgraded B&O is sufficient - but man would I like to be able to do some of this cool stuff again.

The KRC999II for those of you too young to know what that even is...

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There are 2 versions of the B&O for the F-150. Did you make sure you listened to the lower tier one? A Ranger with the B&O would be more accurate to compare to.

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the Accessories Guide there was also an option for a JBL Sound Bar which tells me if I wanted enhanced sound you don't necessarily need to get it from the Lux Package. An option is available but ordering that option and the risk for delay or after market is any ones guess.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want everything but the kitchen sink so I’m getting lux package also. Don’t forget that all of the factory installed stuff including the stereo system comes with the Ford warranty also.
Sponsored