Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The architecture of the system in your 3-series made doing that easy, not least of which was a standalone amp. I have a number of BMWs where I've swapped all the speakers, the amps, and then added more amps and dedicated subs.

The caveat here is this... if the base system does not have a standalone amp and it's all integrated into the head unit, swapping speakers will be the only upgrade possible without major effort and expense. I don't know enough about the Bronco systems to say one way or the other (not sure anyone does yet) but if it has a standalone amp that we can remove and replace life is a LOT easier. That would be my decision point on whether or not B&O upgrade was worth it.
Good points, thanks for clarification. I didn't mention the amp because I made assumption that was normal for most manufacturers, or at least the luxury ones; that's my bad.

Converted my reservation with the Lux pack, so will get the B&O and hope it's good enough to mask some of the rough sounds of wind noise from the roof and road noise from the MT tires when I want to crank it. Ha ha!
Sponsored

BadlandsBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Suzuki Samurai Modified, 2017 F-250 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I prefer American speaker manufactures like JBL, Altec Lansing, Infinity, BOSE, Klipsch. I'm sure glad I won't have to look at SONY emblems again like in my King Ranch F-250

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh... there's plenty of time since I underestimated the popularity of the new Bronco. I thought reservations were a silly thing and didn't want an automatic transmission edition, so I will probably be a MY22.

I have been expecting this reservation bubble to pop for months now, but it still seems that the 70k first year production estimate will sell out. However, 14K could end up on the lots before reservation holders get theirs, so maybe I'll get a MY21 after all and get Lux or not depending on whatever happens to be on it.
I was a little late to reserve so while I hope to get a MY21 I'll likely get pushed to 22. I'm pretty sure all MY21 will sell. And remaining reservations that converted will be pushed. That said (don't quote me), I'm sure I heard, read, watched somewhere that there will be no dealer stock until orders are filled. Maybe at the tail end of orders there will be a mix. At least that's the hope I have. Either way we'll all find out in May what our estimated delivery will be and have something to celebrate or bitch about. lol.

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Last edited:

BadlandsBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Suzuki Samurai Modified, 2017 F-250 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was a little late to reserve so while I hope to get a MY21 I'll likely get pushed to 22. I'm pretty sure all MY21 will sell. And remaining reservations that converted will be pushed. That said (don't quote me), I'm sure I heard, read, watched somewhere that there will be no dealer stock until orders are filled. Maybe at the tail end of orders there will be a mix. At least that's the hope I have. Either way we'll all find out in May what our estimated delivery will be and have something to celebrate or bitch about. lol.
Not sure about the others, but Infinity and JBL are now a Korean company since they are owned by Samsung.

https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-electronics-completes-acquisition-of-harman
And B&O is from Denmark which is fine, just no Sony badges in my Ford please.

Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

B & O is also part of Harman International which is owned now by Samsung.

This is correct unfortunately and worries me a bit. Now i can imagine them selling the name more for profit than for outstanding quality and sound like they used to be. Before, like in my 2013 Audi S5, they use a 10-channel amplifier and 14 speakers with an output of 505 WATTS and it sounded AMAZING. This isn't even the upgraded B&O system they had at the time, it was the standard system. Im afraid im expecting something similar with the bronco and I have a feeling i'm going to be let down. I am still 100% getting it though cause anything comparable will cost a few grand aftermarket at least and i don't want anyone taking apart my dash unless absolutely necessary.

Side note, my friend had a 6 speaker JL system installed in his R32 recently with one 12in sub and that was almost 9K out the door.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My wifes F150 has the lower tier B&O system. Not impressed at all. The Sony system from the previous generations is much better. I didn't realize there was a B&O unleashed higher tier system or I would of paid more attention. Not expecting much from the Bronco premium audio.

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Side note, my friend had a 6 speaker JL system installed in his R32 recently with one 12in sub and that was almost 9K out the door.
Do you mean JBL? I have seen reference to JL on here a few times and JBL is not the same as JL. Two different companies, both in hi-end audio.

Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We have the B&O in our Sport and Im not overly impressed. It sounds good but not worth spending a bunch of money to get. Lots of aftermarket stuff way better. JMO...

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If its not an option at some point to upgrade to the B&O without making it all the way to a model that can give you access to the Lux package then it would be far less expensive to go aftermarket. Depending on the quality of the base setup that's probably where ill end up.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All these names are pretty much just leasing their naming rights out. Like Gillette doesn't really own Foxboro Stadium where the Patriots play. All the speakers these days are pretty much made in China. Only engineering is done in the US, and some Japanese companies may have their top of the line electronics made in Japan. Bose made a name for themselves decades ago because they used proprietery signal processing to tune the speakers. Today everyone does this. More speakers means that higher pressure levels can be achieved with smaller speakers.

If you want better than stock go BO. If you want better than BO go aftermarket, but you will need to spend a few thousand to make an appreciable difference, and once you take door panels apart they'rew never the same.

I'm just hoping for a decent aftermarket kit that is an easy install. I'm already looking at the JL Audio Marine sub. Ford will be offering a passive sound bar similar to the Jeep unit from JBL that could be interesting too. No price yet.
g13690011-F.jpg

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The B&O in the Raptor isn't anything to write home about. It's an improvement over the old Sony branded stuff but not much. If that is the only option you want from the Lux package you will likely be disappointed. The budget that Ford gives B&O is not the same budget that Audi gives them.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want this!

-----

Boooo!

McIntosh is returning to in-car audio. The high-end hi-fi brand has signed an agreement with Jeep for one of its systems to appear in the upcoming Grand Wagoneer concept vehicle. It will be McIntosh's first in-car audio system in nearly two decades, and its first-ever 'automotive reference system'.
Sponsored