Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you want to save some money yet get likely even better sound quality, my suggestion is to just get that standard stereo that comes with the trim you want, but upgrade your speakers. If you change them all out for whatever brand and series you want, that sound will likely be even better in the mid range than the B&O.

I did that in a car I had without an upgraded stereo and I just blew away my expectations. This was a 2004 3 series.
You're lucky. It didn't work that way with my Dodge Challenger. Upgraded speakers and added subwoofer sounds better, but still not great. It needs a new head unit (and amp probably).

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I fully suspect I will be swapping out the speakers and adding at least 1 amp for a 10in sub.

We have the Sony upgraded 10speaker setup in our 17 Escape and it is nice and full. We rented a Expedition last Sept that had the B&O system and was not really impressed with it.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some people are saying you can save money by having a custom installed stereo, but the last time I looked at custom, it was fabulously expensive to get a good system put in.

And it will either need to be fed into the stock system somehow (not always an easy task), or you will have to replace something in the dash. There goes your fancy screen you just paid for.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We rented a Expedition last Sept that had the B&O system and was not really impressed with it.
This is my fear. I pay for the lux package and then end up not happy with stereo anyway.

It blows my mind that after all these decades, many car companies still don't offer some way to get a really nice thought out stereo system.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The B&O won't be a big difference. Save your money and get a badass sound bar instead. It'll blow the B&O out of the water.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some people are saying you can save money by having a custom installed stereo, but the last time I looked at custom, it was fabulously expensive to get a good system put in.

And it will either need to be fed into the stock system somehow (not always an easy task), or you will have to replace something in the dash. There goes your fancy screen you just paid for.
JL has some ~$400 DSP solutions for that to keep your factory head unit and get better sound and I always install everything myself, so it's expensive labor, but I don't get charged for it.

This is my fear. I pay for the lux package and then end up not happy with stereo anyway.

It blows my mind that after all these decades, many car companies still don't offer some way to get a really nice thought out stereo system.
The same concerns have led me to lean towards the High Package instead.

A good stereo is expensive--not terribly so in parts--to install in a factory assembly line and... it would take away from the GVWR. ;)

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

get a badass sound bar instead.
Sound bar? Where do you put a sound bar? And where does it get it's bass from? And how does it surround the car? This sounds fishy to me.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sound bar? Where do you put a sound bar? And where does it get it's bass from? And how does it surround the car? This sounds fishy to me.
As seen in the SEMA build.
Ford Bronco B&O stereo Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door Concept_08.JPG

Sponsored

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve read plenty in Jeep Forums (keyword read) where lots of people keep the head unit , and add weatherproof Bluetooth subwoofers, with built in amp/crossover. It just needs a 12
V tie in. Perhaps all the Broncos have the wiring in place for where the sub would be on the lux plug, and you just tie in there. Or the “aux switches”.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're lucky. It didn't work that way with my Dodge Challenger. Upgraded speakers and added subwoofer sounds better, but still not great. It needs a new head unit (and amp probably).
BMWs head unit doesn't change when you upgrade the stereo, only the speakers. The unit has always been pretty high quality. Who cares about BMW? But I've heard folks say that Ford's stereo is actually ok too.

Now, an EQ would help any system, so I'd add that rather than try to replace these new systems that almost restrict replacing the stereo. Not sure about this one of course, but there are many that at least add to the challenge.

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Replacing the stereo with an aftermarket is not as easy as it once was. Today's vehicles integrate a lot of functionality in the stereo system. In my Ram, the stereo controls most of all the vehicle systems. I need to go in there to disable the air suspension whenever jacking up the vehicle for example. The radio also controls the behavior of my lights, seats, AC/heating and alarm just to name a few off the top of my head. Without first hand knowledge, an aftermarket may or may not be a viable option for the Bronco. Just a few things to consider before just saying throw in an aftermarket stereo will be better and cheaper than getting a factory upgraded system.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As seen in the SEMA build.
Ford Bronco B&O stereo Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door Concept_08.JPG
The JBL soundbar isn't integrated into the stereo system, Or else I'd add it to my build.

How well does that JL adapter actually work? the site provided only has like 30 total reviews
Sponsored