Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone that’s an audiophile have some settings I can copy from your B&O system to fine tune the stock system as best as possible? I’m sure there’s something better than right down the middle on everything.
Sponsored

MyBHinds

First Edition
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Depends on the sound you like. I tend to be more bass heavy with good highs. So I put bass at about 3/4 along with highs near the same. Not much in the way of adjustments on this unit which I was really surprised. I also turned on surround sound. Gives a little extra tonal range as the built in DSP takes over. After having a couple months, I ended up adding a JL HO112W6V3 box along with XD600/1V2 and the system really rocks. I can take it out (as it takes up quite a bit of room) when going on trips if I need the cargo space. I also have a cargo enclosure to keep it all secure. And the factory B&O sub is still in place. Loving the way it all sounds now. The W6 is prob overkill, but like I mentioned, I tend to really enjoy the bass so depends on personal preference.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be great if someone could post a very basic, simple break down on what to set the system preferences to, for the various genres of music. Like a simple, Bronco-specific setting breakdown.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think that's quite subjective
For sure, but I’m going to guess someone who’s more into music/sound than I am are going to have good tips vs what I’d do (I.e. - leave it the way it comes from the factory, lol).

Sponsored

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I get my Bronco, and get some time, I plan on taking frequency measurements from the output side of the tuner \ preamp to determine if they have it set to a curve while everything is set to flat. In my VW TDI I discovered that they "EQ'd" the front channels and left the rears flat. If you swapped outputs by re-pinning front to rear, the system sounded much much better.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have my bass turned up a little. (This wasn't needed on my F150 with the B&O system)
Also faded the sound to the back one or 2 clicks. (This I think everyone should try it makes a big difference)

Dover

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on the sound you like. I tend to be more bass heavy with good highs. So I put bass at about 3/4 along with highs near the same. Not much in the way of adjustments on this unit which I was really surprised. I also turned on surround sound. Gives a little extra tonal range as the built in DSP takes over. After having a couple months, I ended up adding a JL HO112W6V3 box along with XD600/1V2 and the system really rocks. I can take it out (as it takes up quite a bit of room) when going on trips if I need the cargo space. I also have a cargo enclosure to keep it all secure. And the factory B&O sub is still in place. Loving the way it all sounds now. The W6 is prob overkill, but like I mentioned, I tend to really enjoy the bass so depends on personal preference.
Can you post a couple of pics with how much room it takes up? I think I would end up doing something similar assuming I can easily take it out when the top is off, or when the extra room is needed like you mentioned. Thanks!

MyBHinds

First Edition
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Can you post a couple of pics with how much room it takes up? I think I would end up doing something similar assuming I can easily take it out when the top is off, or when the extra room is needed like you mentioned. Thanks!
Sure. And since doing the upgrade, I have everything set to flat in the audio settings since I adjust the bass with the JL Amp knob.
Ford Bronco B&O Lux Stereo Tuning? 20211212_124028

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The best way to tune your listening environment, is to put on a track you're really familiar with. Set the volume at medium to medium loud setting, sit back and listen to the track. After at least one listen through, begin to adjust the tone controls until the track sounds the best to you.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For sure, but I’m going to guess someone who’s more into music/sound than I am are going to have good tips vs what I’d do (I.e. - leave it the way it comes from the factory, lol).
You can use an App that measure frequency such as this one. If my OBX with Lux ever arrives I’ll likely be adding a subwoofer and tweaking the rest of the audio but I don’t know how lacking it is until it arrives. Some would call me an audiophile but I’d classify myself as a pseudo audiophile since I gave up car stereo competitions back in the early 90’s.

Ford Bronco B&O Lux Stereo Tuning? 5FBAD902-206B-4CF2-9706-635D0BC3CE25

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure. And since doing the upgrade, I have everything set to flat in the audio settings since I adjust the bass with the JL Amp knob.
Ford Bronco B&O Lux Stereo Tuning? 5FBAD902-206B-4CF2-9706-635D0BC3CE25
That JL is a good sub, I would certainly endorse. However, as another option, JL has an 8 inch sub that most people would find provides PLENTY of extra bass at a fraction of the cost, and is a much better fit w/o taking up so much space. As you say, keep B/O sub in play and there should be enough thump to keep one happy IMO. Part # CP108LG-W3v3.

Any tips for connecting your new amp to the B/O head unit?

JL 8 inch 2.JPG

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
That JL is a good sub, I would certainly endorse. However, as another option, JL has an 8 inch sub that most people would find provides PLENTY of extra bass at a fraction of the cost, and is a much better fit w/o taking up so much space. As you say, keep B/O sub in play and there should be enough thump to keep one happy IMO. Part # CP108LG-W3v3.

Ford Bronco B&O Lux Stereo Tuning? JL 8 inch 2.JPG
Check here:
Subwoofer & Amp Install in B&O System (OuterBanks/LUX/Sasq/B&O/4dr) - Writeup DIY | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

BroncoZ13

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great pic of sub, but even better I’m loving the “NOT JEEP” license plate! 👍😀

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco B&O Lux Stereo Tuning? JL 8 inch 2.JPG
Exactly the one I'm planning on getting!!
Sponsored