Sponsored

Road Trippin' It - For the First and Last Time?

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know I'll get more anger for whatever reason from this site, but here is where I am.

The awesome: I am going to be taking a road trip with the Bronco in late June. No where in particular but I am going from north central WI to the Atlantic coast in Florida. I am loosely planning on getting to the Space Coast and see if there is still a launch of something on the pads. (I had done this before decade plus ago on the semi regular). The only stop I know for sure I want to make along is FT. Campbell. See one of my old stomping grounds again. Aside from that... no plans. Just dropping the top and going. It will be just me, so I have no idea what to do with no kids, but I am linking some breweries etc. along the way. I will probably not do too much in Nashville as my better half would be non-plussed if she wasn't there too (one of the places we liked going) or maybe she wouldn't care. I dunno, I am just looking forward to going. I am open to some light off road places but I am taking the kiddos later this summer to MOAB in the PW. Any suggestions or places along the way I should hit up? Becasue of the general direction I am headed and I am a nerd I am sure I will end up at WDW and US. lol

The not so great: maybe. Since my Expedition EL was totaled by a freakin' deer late last year... the Bronco and the PW have been getting family hauling use. They are too darn small. Three kids across the back seat is a nightmare for all involved. After this trip I may bite the bullet and trade in the Bronco for a 2018+ Expedition Max or a Yukon XL. Having the Expedition was perfect for the family, it is missed much much more than I expected. It's not in stone, maybe, I will find a cheap 15+ EL that I can just have as yet another car, but I know the better half would want the Bronco to not be here. She does not like it. At all. Such is life. But maybe I will, who knows. I am really looking forward to the road trip!
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No anger, just sadness. It's just a vehicle. Get one that makes the most sense and brings you the most happiness.

Sponsored

PowderHound

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know I'll get more anger for whatever reason from this site, but here is where I am.

The awesome: I am going to be taking a road trip with the Bronco in late June. No where in particular but I am going from north central WI to the Atlantic coast in Florida. I am loosely planning on getting to the Space Coast and see if there is still a launch of something on the pads. (I had done this before decade plus ago on the semi regular). The only stop I know for sure I want to make along is FT. Campbell. See one of my old stomping grounds again. Aside from that... no plans. Just dropping the top and going. It will be just me, so I have no idea what to do with no kids, but I am linking some breweries etc. along the way. I will probably not do too much in Nashville as my better half would be non-plussed if she wasn't there too (one of the places we liked going) or maybe she wouldn't care. I dunno, I am just looking forward to going. I am open to some light off road places but I am taking the kiddos later this summer to MOAB in the PW. Any suggestions or places along the way I should hit up? Becasue of the general direction I am headed and I am a nerd I am sure I will end up at WDW and US. lol

The not so great: maybe. Since my Expedition EL was totaled by a freakin' deer late last year... the Bronco and the PW have been getting family hauling use. They are too darn small. Three kids across the back seat is a nightmare for all involved. After this trip I may bite the bullet and trade in the Bronco for a 2018+ Expedition Max or a Yukon XL. Having the Expedition was perfect for the family, it is missed much much more than I expected. It's not in stone, maybe, I will find a cheap 15+ EL that I can just have as yet another car, but I know the better half would want the Bronco to not be here. She does not like it. At all. Such is life. But maybe I will, who knows. I am really looking forward to the road trip!
Bought my lady a 4DR WT and she didnā€™t like it with two toddlersā€¦. Yada yada yada sheā€™s in an explorer now and Iā€™m waiting on a 2DR HE-L

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you lose one of the kids and or wife???......a friend told me to say that!!
Losing the wife would be more costly than keeping the Bronco, and buying the Expedition-so I have been told-lol

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This will probably cause a brain aneurism amongst the purest crowd, but a Bronco L would be welcomed by many.

Ford Bronco Road Trippin' It - For the First and Last Time? 1683570366599

Above is an old rendering before the 6g was released. But something like this with more of the 6g styling cues would make a great family hauler for those who need it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PrepVet

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just put 2k miles on a huge trip to the beach. The AC broke, the wiper slowdown issue I had before started again (and got BAD) and I had 3 occasions where apple car play simply wouldn't connect and I had to use my phone to navigate a big city which I felt was less safe.

I am strongly considering trading it in. I love this thing one day and flat out hate it others.
Iā€™m not worried about that. I had a bunch of electrical issues on a snowstorm 200 mile drive but itā€™s fixed now.
This will probably cause a brain aneurism amongst the purest crowd, but a Bronco L would be welcomed by many.

Ford Bronco Road Trippin' It - For the First and Last Time? 1683570366599

Above is an old rendering before the 6g was released. But something like this with more of the 6g styling cues would make a great family hauler for those who need it.
I donā€™t hate it, but Ford has the Expedition in two forms. Besides if it follows the Expedition pricing plus Ford pricing plus Bronco pricing it will be over $120k base.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel ya on the vehicle thoughts. I have a bronco and a suburban. If I had to get rid of one, it would be the bronco. Besides the off road aspect, not one thing the bronco can do better.

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. WOW! Thanks for sharing.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel ya on the vehicle thoughts. I have a bronco and a suburban. If I had to get rid of one, it would be the bronco. Besides the off road aspect, not one thing the bronco can do better.
Not even light up the woods or a parade better, or signally aliens?!?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lights are off road use only. I donā€™t drink bud light, so no parades here. No such thing as aliens. Thatā€™s just our government flying around getting ready to stage the fake alien invasion.

Beside that. Guess the bronco does make more horse power than the 6.2 in the burban. So power wise the bronco wins.
Sponsored