redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What did he end up doing to achieve that?

I drive my Fox body around without a front sway bar on it. Because I am drag racer and I don't need that sway bar because I do not carve corners. But I will eat you up out of the dig because...... I have made the suspension a bit more.... "loose" allowing it to hook up better.

That said I am NOT under ANY circumstances going to race a Vette down the interstate at triple digit speeds. THEN I would need a sway bar.

Seeing where I am coming from.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KyleQ

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I get it, and I don't plan on any high speed bumpy stuff either, nothing remotely close to that in the Midwest. It is interesting to see what can be gained by trimming bump stops and moving suspension mount locations.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh I get it, and I don't plan on any high speed bumpy stuff either, nothing remotely close to that in the Midwest. It is interesting to see what can be gained by trimming bump stops and moving suspension mount locations.

But......................... the first time you try to bash the whoops at 60 you will probably destroy the shocks, maybe even break the Bronc.

rsmtracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 18 Jeep JKU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Icon has the most actual wheel
Travel 11.5 front and 14 rear. they have non reservoir. Resy, adjustable compression resy, and electric

fox and king have less wheel travel than stock. (They do add lift but not travel)

stock is like 9.5 and 10.5 inches of travel.

camburg will have a long travel kit with bumpstops.

BajaKits will have a long travel
Kit with the swaybar

RTR will have ?
Where are you getting those travel numbers from ?
Fox and King should be extended travel, though for whatever reason in this application Fox 2.5 front/rear are a little shorter than King.
Look at the exteded/compressed numbers
Fox 2.5 CO's front, 23.720" extended, 17.94" compressed
Fox 2.5 CO's rear, 26.42" extended, 19.44" compressed

King 2.5 CO's front, 24.6" extended, 18.5" compressed
King 2.5 CO's rear, 27" extended, 18.5" compressed

Kings front are literally 1" longer, the rear are just 0.5" longer with respect of Fox.

Do you have the length specs for the stock Coilovers ? anybody wanting to compare travel should start there.

I haven't found what the Icon setup length is, only travel but i'd like to know their actual length is. IFS travel depends on CO travel x motion ratio x tire height etc. Don't know what they doing in the front/ back to claim 11.5/14" travel. Extended IFS travel is typically 1" longer than stock, sometimes 1.5" long, but all manufacturers are constrained by the same IFS, so to say 11.5" travel with factory lowers is a big big stretch when the competition is close to each other in the front .

I Love Icons but their propaganda can be funny at times. Lets ask them about length and they'll claim they can't give out any specs numbers yet here they claim this much travel bla bla bla.

Anybody with the Icon coilvers can do the community a favor and measure base to eyelet center for both front/rear assemblies.

Same with the factory Bistein CO's. it's the only way for you guys to know what are you getting. I've seen the same movie again and again from vendors when they're introducing their stuff. King is King is all i want to say, then there is always the rest :)

Last edited:

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really don’t feel
Like digging through everything again, it’s all on here in the suspension threads.

think this is the thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/better-sas-lift-kit-zone-offroad-or-icon.29387/

If not dig more.

there’s a thread where @silentpanda even tells us at what point in shaft travel the ESCV starts to engage. Info is here.

fox and king lift the truck because of total shock length. They are longer with less actual shaft travel.

Fox does this shit all the time. Fox 2.0 for the ranger gets more wheel travel, while fox factory race IBP ranger shocks get less travel than stock.

no one has icons yet to measure. @Dusty at ICON can you get us shock length measurements on the new kits? Extended, compressed and shaft travel….

Sponsored

rsmtracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really don’t feel
Like digging through everything again, it’s all on here in the suspension threads.

think this is the thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/better-sas-lift-kit-zone-offroad-or-icon.29387/

If not dig more.

there’s a thread where @silentpanda even tells us at what point in shaft travel the ESCV starts to engage. Info is here.

fox and king lift the truck because of total shock length. They are longer with less actual shaft travel.

Fox does this shit all the time. Fox 2.0 for the ranger gets more wheel travel, while fox factory race IBP ranger shocks get less travel than stock.

no one has icons yet to measure. @Dusty at ICON can you get us shock length measurements on the new kits? Extended, compressed and shaft travel….
It helps to clarify things
According to post #53 in the thread dated Dec 9 2021
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...one-offroad-or-icon.29387/page-4#post-1025535
quoting fro the post above:
"Not certain if BL or SAS (I assume BL), but it was posted on b6g by former bilstein developer:
front 16.5/22.8 (6.3" shock travel)
rear 16.4/25.8 (9.4" shock travel)

Note that Fox is 7.98" rear travel for 2dr. You only see full bump-stop travel if ~75% of bronco weight is on single wheel (tippy on steep slope with swaybar off). Fox has progressive spring, so may have more "articulation" in non-extreme cases. The rebuildable aluminum shocks will have a hard time competing with max travel of steel shocks. ?"

It will be good to find the original post from the Bilstein developer, or even better , somebody to measure their take off.

So looking at the numbers in perspective

BL stock CO's
front 22.8" extended, 16.5" compressed
rear 25.8" extended, 16.4 compressed

If this numbers are accurate Fox and Kings are longer than stock, with less uptravel, bad if you're running 33's, good if you're running 37's. The CO's are advertised for 3-4", doubt anybody will run 33's with their Bronco lifted 3" so 35 or 37's will at home with both and the tires will we away from your fenders. It's what is with race CO's. based on these numbers King is the best kit between King and Fox.

Will see what Icon has to say. Doubt they will reply with lenght specs. They're known for pretending to not give any info. but again, anybody can measure them and post the numbers.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...one-offroad-or-icon.29387/page-4#post-1025535
"Not certain if BL or SAS (I assume BL), but it was posted on b6g by former bilstein developer:

Note that Fox is 7.98" rear travel for 2dr. You only see full bump-stop travel if ~75% of bronco weight is on single wheel (tippy on steep slope with swaybar off). Fox has progressive spring, so may have more "articulation" in non-extreme cases. The rebuildable aluminum shocks will have a hard time competing with max travel of steel shocks. ?"

It will be good to find the original post from the Bilstein developer, or even better , somebody to measure their take off.

BL stock CO's

If this numbers are accurate Fox and Kings are longer than stock, with less uptravel, bad if you're running 33's, good if you're running 37's. The CO's are advertised for 3-4", doubt anybody will run 33's with their Bronco lifted 3" so 35 or 37's will at home with both and the tires will we away from your fenders. It's what is with race CO's. based on these numbers King is the best kit between King and Fox.

Will see what Icon has to say. Doubt they will reply with lenght specs. They're known for pretending to not give any info. but again, anybody can measure them and post the numbers.
icon hired dusty to help with improving relations I believe and he’s been getting us info as requested. Let’s give him a shot. He talked to the engineers about the axles and CV angles, to dig further. He is here replying. King and fox aren’t for what that’s worth to you.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

BL stock CO's

This is interesting, I see now what I suspected before could be possible. I plan on running the REAR SAS bilstiens on the FRONT!!! Same compression, but more extension! Perfect for getting more droop in the front!

Who has a set of rear 2dr OEM SAS coilovers for sale?

20220302_172515.jpg

rsmtracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is interesting, I see now what I suspected before could be possible. I plan on running the REAR SAS bilstiens on the FRONT!!! Same compression, but more extension! Perfect for getting more droop in the front!

Ford Bronco Rock Crawler Daily 20220302_172515
Measure there is no bind in any component at full droop. Check BJ's,tierods, CV axle angles etc. IFS is a different beast. You can only do so much with factory lower arms and geometry as a whole. When you want extra travel you have to look into long travel IFS. All race companies know a thing or two about travel, durability and performance as a whole. They know people will go a little crazy with the vehicle the moment they can keep their gas pedal down in dirt roads. :)

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Rock Crawler Daily 20220302_172515
I wonder how different the valving is. The front shocks are on a 1.5:1. VS rear is close to 1:1

Sponsored

rsmtracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
icon hired dusty to help with improving relations I believe and he’s been getting us info as requested. Let’s give him a shot. He talked to the engineers about the axles and CV angles, to dig further. He is here replying. King and fox aren’t for what that’s worth to you.
Dude.... There is "Dusty" in every forum, especially when a new product is advertised in new markets. Ive been around the block with Fox, King, Icon, Radflo, SAW etc with Toyota, Ford, Chevy and RAM trucks. Don't get so defensive about this stuff. Learn what you have and what's available for your platform. I'm not saying you're wrong and teaching you how you can make informed decisions as a customer. I couldn't care less about Dusty and and all the yada yada you're babling. You're almost parroting BS around without understanding how things work. So chillax bro. Icon is known in every other forum for what I'm saying, they keep specs for themselves bacuse they don't want others to "copy" them. So yeah let's see what "Dusty" will say about Bronco specs, they don't list extended and compressed numbers in their website like Fox or King do. That's why they don't need a "Dusty" they don't have chit to hide like Icon does with shock length or spring rates.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easy.

I’m not endorsing icon. I’m also not taking shit. I tagged him and asked for specs. If they act like they are proprietary numbers then by all means I call bullshit too. Icon is notorious for valving being too stiff too. I’m not going there, none of this is known.

I’ve seen good and shit customer support from every shock company. All depends on who you are dealing with on what day…..

I’m just saying they are currently the only company “I” know of that’s gaining wheel travel over a badlands, from published specs.

Baja kits wants to sell long travel without actual travel numbers, just an estimate. They won’t commit to real world exact figures.

Camburg ditches swaybar, that kills it for me. And isn’t ready yet

Funhaver isn’t tangible.

I endorse no one(until I get free parts boxes, we all have a price)

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wonder how different the valving is. The front shocks are on a 1.5:1. VS rear is close to 1:1
Buckin and bouncing along! Hahaha we shall see.

I'm sure the spring rate is different as well...but that's why I like to experiment.

20220303_115719.jpg

20220302_172515.jpg

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Measure there is no bind in any component at full droop. Check BJ's,tierods, CV axle angles etc. IFS is a different beast. You can only do so much with factory lower arms and geometry as a whole. When you want extra travel you have to look into long travel IFS. All race companies know a thing or two about travel, durability and performance as a whole. They know people will go a little crazy with the vehicle the moment they can keep their gas pedal down in dirt roads. :)
Actually maybe you should look at the angles the factory UCA and LCA ball joints are capable of. Check out the pic for an example 😉
I DO already have aftermarket UCAs although I doubt there even needed. I already have achieved 11” front wheel travel.

Yep all that is on the checklist and diff drops already done...limiting straps needed too.

No biggie

20220319_191555.jpg

20220319_191537.jpg

rsmtracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Actually maybe you should look at the angles the factory UCA and LCA ball joints are capable of. Check out the pic for an example 😉
I DO already have aftermarket UCAs although I doubt there even needed. I already have achieved 11” front wheel travel.

Yep all that is on the checklist and diff drops already done...limiting straps needed too.

No biggie

20220319_191555.jpg

20220319_191537.jpg
Did you do a side by side comparo on the uca's ? aftermarket ones should have an offset that would add more naturtal caster after a 3" lift for example. And depending on BJ you're going with, Icon Delta Join, or any of the ones with the uniballs, they're stronger than conventional BJ's, should flex a tad more as well. That ain't bad of a flex for those factory BJ's though., assuming both pics you're showing are factory UCA's ? showing the BJ angle at full compression and full droop.
Sponsored